1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

This guy wants out bad. I'd only give them a first rounder and salary filler however. Noel can have all of Nene's minutes. Nene is a solid professional who wouldn't rock the boat with the minute reduction.

EDIT: On second thought... too risky to our team chemistry. Disregard :D

#401 RocketsTerps, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    rocketsfan611 and JamalP. like this.
  2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I don't think the Rockets can trade a first rounder this year, man. But this is some interesting **** none the less. Personall, dude would go for Tyson Chandler if we could get him on the cheap which I think we could, no need to give up a firszt rounda for him and he's markedly a better player too.

3. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

We could give a future 1st rounder if we can't send one this year. Moreover, we can include one of our Euroleague stashes like Llull or Gentile. I doubt Daryl would take on all of Tysons guaranteed salary and reduce his free agent flexibility. However, this trade works (anything to bring in PJ Tucker)...

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6743277

#403 RocketsTerps, Dec 17, 2016
  4. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

bilaal14 likes this.
  5. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I love his intensity but we would most likely have to give up half our team for him. And, he's a head case and may not fit in well here.

rocketsfan611 and Jatman20 like this.
  6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Was coming here to post the same exact thing... DUDE IS AN ALL WORLD PLAYER and I love his game... But stuff like this reminds me as to why we should never ever even go close to making this year, especially this year as we are gelling so good. He is a pure head case...immature.... diva... but SO GOOD. I wish it was different. But he will destroy the chemistry and mess up this locker room... NO THANKS.......

The pieces we will have to send out aren't worth it right now, especially considering his attitude.

rocketsfan611 and RocketsTerps like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cousins isnt a traditional big man, he's like the Harden version of big men he can score in the post but he can hit 3s, pass and he can also shoot fts at a decent clip

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Despite his length and leaping ability, Chandler has never been a big blocks guy like how you think of Deandre. If he's not giving max effort and still putting up great FG% and rebound numbers, imagine a motivated Chandler. Even if he's on decline he's still a big improvement. I'd just wonder how itd affect Capela if he goes to the bench, or would you play Chandler 20 MPG at his price. (And then what do you give up to get Chandler)

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Fair enough. Suns have been in a lot of close games where a couple blocks may have put them over
    the top. The reason I wanted an additional Center was for rim protection-blocked shots. My issue with
    D-Mo was the lack of blocks....Tyson is right at that level currently. I have no doubt the role on offense
    will be like it was with Dallas and the Knicks(D'Antoni time) was. If the Rockets could move KJ & Brewer
    for him......I would do it like yesterday. So basically we are on the same page.
    What Tyson said near end of last year.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2016/03/why-tyson-chandlers-days-in-phoenix-could-be-numbered/

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Again, I agree with both you and BigMaloe. No he hasn't been a big shot blocker like D Jordan; but
    getting 1.5-1.7 blks/ game in 27 mins would make me feel better about him. D-Mo level is not very
    good. He fits the system where Cousins would take usage away from Harden....so Tyson over
    Cousins. Moving Brewer is tops on my list of things to do. I read an article last night on Noel,
    how GM's are hearing negative things about Noel. Missing meetings his first yr while displaying
    a bad attitude that same year. I don't want to disrupt the chemistry of this team if Nerlens is going
    to be a headache.....this makes Tyson Chandler more appealing to teams.....price going up.

#410 Jatman20, Dec 17, 2016
    BigMaloe likes this.
  11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Exactly. And you def split time this year at about 24mpg each and likely keep capela starting.

The cost to acquire him shouldn't be extreme. We should be able to dump brewer in any trade as well.

@Jatman20 I definitely agree with you on Tyson instead of cousins, especially considering price to accomplish.

thanks for the article on Tyson and I agree, while I like the idea of noel I'm also concerned about his attitude and don't think he'd be any more happy here splitting minutes than he is in Philly.

A good basis of trade could be a 3 teamer

Phoenix gets noel, brewer, kj
    Houston gets Tyson, covington
    Philly gets bender, tucker, montrezl

rocketsfan611 and Jatman20 like this.
  12. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I love that trade for all parties. I'm guessing you checked it out on a trade checker. I hate losing
    both KJ and Montrez....both can be beasts if given more consistent minutes in this league. Can
    we slide in pick(s) instead of Harrell? I never wanted to lose Covington. Good discussion.

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

We will not trade Montrezl unless a star is returning. Trez is a beast and perfect for our uptempo system. Tyson is no longer uptempo- he's insurance.

D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  14. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Philly has too many big men (to add Montrez)...unless they plan on trading Okafor or Saric as well
    in separate deals.

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

Montrezl needs to stay long term. In a few years that dude is a guaranteed 18 / 10+ / 2 blk / 3 stl / .35 3pt ℅ if given around 35 - 38 min / game.

Dekker is legit too. I'm actually interested in getting both of their jerseys and I've never even bought a jersey before. Been watching since before the Championships.

16. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

A few things that have slowed the pace this early season: 1) Bev injury (using Ennis more), 2) defensive
    player shadowing Harden up court (need more back picks after inbound...Harden run). I'm like D'Antoni
    after every rebound....run....run.....RUN (everybody)!!!! 3) Nene can't keep up the Pace. I want to see
    Chandler vs Rox (twice in next 8-10 games) to see him play. Suns could be around 13-13 if Chandler
    and Knight would play motivated(IMO).....I want to see them play to be sure.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I don't want to lose montrezl either @RocketsTerps @Rokman but if you could swap pick with him or onuaku+2nd sure. But he's not a deal breaker.

His ceiling is faried. Which is very good but not world beater and that's if he reaches it. We can't keep focusing on potential and future otherwise we risk today.

18. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I will agree on Chinanu (and Zhou Qi, Llull, 2nd rds). May want to keep rights to Gentile....Covington up for FA
    soon and Ariza contract end just around the corner.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure i can agree with this BigM, while i'm not sure Trez has a toon of upside left, his defense is already better than Faried (which is pretty bad btw), and he already has a way better jumper, hell, Faried can't shoot behind 3/4 feet to save his life...Faried is a better rebounder, but that's it, he has no upside left whatsoever and he's is who he is, which is not even a guaranteed starter in Denver...Trez imo has a little chance to be a starter if his shot is going to get better, certainly a quality back up...the problem here is how much money is he going to ask/get in two years...his agent is Rich Paul so, don't expect a super team friendly contract anyway. But it'll be interesting to see how much Trez will develop from now on, and we have him on a very cheap contract for another two years (and with a very low cap hold in the end which means two more free agency) so, we have enough time to evaluate him.

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

I think Montrezl has a higher ceiling than Faried. He's already a much better defender and mid-range shooter. In addition, playing in MDA's system alone will give Trez the opportunity to surpass Faried by next season. Montrezl has the potential to be Amare with defense once he completely figures it out. I love the chemistry Trez & Dekker have as well. Their ceilings are through the roof!

rocketsfan611 and BigMaloe like this.