1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I would be ok with it. Last yr Korver was injured with a shld issue in Dec. Take out Dec (.293) &
    Korver shot .423 or 42% from three. Replacement of Brewer allows a bigger body in the rotation
    that can muscle up against taller SG's or SF's; which Gordon or Beverley may not be able to check.
    Allows Ariza to be a defensive floater on the wings....thus improving the Rockets perimeter defense,
    At this point, a scarecrow is an improvement over Brewer. Sorry Brewer.

2. Raz

Raz Member

Relying on Traditional Stats like it's 1995. Yes, you're losing a lot of value. McDaniels is a prospect on a great contract and key for a bigger, better Trade. Brewer has found his role, is athletic and busting his ass out there with a great DefRtg of 100.6 - team's average is 104.8. And our 2017 2nd Round Picks come from Portland and Denver, might be useful. Get your numbers straight.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Korver off the bench would be sick...

Tha_Dude, Jatman20 and Pen15clubber like this.
  4. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

I think your overvaluing KJ bud.

5. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

Gotta remember that one of D'Antoni's best qualities is the ability to inflate assets. Brewer looks decent in this system, sure, but he looked horrible last year and he still can't make a 3 or even a layup consistently to save his life. Morey is always looking for an upgrade. I think Korver would be an upgrade, classic case of a player that needs a change of scenery. And he'd be the 8th man on the totum poll (6th Gordon, 7th Dekker). I think he'd thrive on a perimeter team where he'd have less responsibilities, it's kind of tailor-made for his game.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Too many whites gonna **** up our handshake game. That's why dmo out the door and Dekker adapted

#346 Pen15clubber, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  7. Raz

Raz Member

He did quite good when he got some minutes early this year. I'm not saying McDaniels lands us a star player, but at 23 years and $3.3M annually he's an asset you don't give up for damaged goods.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Diminishing returns

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Idk about all that.

Len hasn't really been that great. He fouls way too much which is why he only averages 20mpg. I'm not sure he's really that great of a defender besides being a tall body. His offense is literally zilch outside of 3ft. He is a very solid rebounder tho.

I think phoenix is similar to Houston wanting to trade for Dwight before we landed harden. Take the risk otherwise your spinning in mud.

The only issue for phoenix is going to be cost vs risk because they have to outbid Boston.

Miami1st(unprotected)
    Phoenix 1st
    Len (no big deal if your getting boogie)
    One of either (bender or Chriss)
    One of either (warren ot booker)

Is likely a package to get it done. But is phoenix willing to take that risk and is it worth it.

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

more all of/no d players? we dont even know how good or bad kj is cuz he never gets a fiar chance. he showed he has something when he got his little stretch at the start of the season.

we got plenty shooters, we dont need more.

11. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

we saw KJ last night when he turned the ball over 3 times in 2 minutes, when all he had to do was pass to Wiltjer.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

confidence could be shot, he doesnt care or some ****. all tha tmatters is he hasnt got a fair chance. not even spot minutes, which is what i prefer him to be than a regular roatin player. 10th man role.

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

So couldn't this have gone in the rockets trade ideas thread? Looking at the title I thought that we are working on acquiring him.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

Weird, considering I've seen posts about Serge Ibaka and Nikola Vucevic in here in the past few days.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  16. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

On the plus side, I bet the chemistry would work out. I'm sure, like the rest of the Rockets, that he's already tired of Dwight.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This team is gelling so good right now it'd be hard for me to trade anyone. They fit so well and everyone in the rotation comes in and plays their role. Even Sewer has been making positive contributions.

Maybe I'll feel different if they come out and lay an egg or two, but right now I'm willing to just let it ride and see how it plays out.

If they come up short in the playoffs and are exposed, then I think it's more palatable for everyone involved if you shake up the roster.

All that said, if they make a move or two to upgrade the team I'll be pretty excited to see how that plays out too.

18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Dude, they're just hating because this isn't a Dmo thread. Keep up the good work, and I would take a Korver/Brewer swap all day and twice on a tuesday.

Cashmoney and RobKsports like this.
  19. kevtse

kevtse Member

"Yes! I want more assists!" - Harden

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

KJ and a top-10 protected 1st rounder for McBuckets. Bulls have gone all-in on crappy 3pt shooting for some reason.