1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the Suns and the Nuggets are in a good situation too, the Suns have their pick which should be pretty good this year, and they have two Miami picks, the latter (which is 2020 i think) is also unprotected. Phoenix is probably just waiting for a star being available to go all in. Personally i don't like their assets, Knight or Bledsoe, Len, Bender, Chriss, Warren...all interesting players but i don't know, maybe Warren is the only guy i'd like to take but yeah, that's it since Booker is probably not available in any scenario. Denver has slightly better prospects to trade maybe (Nurkic, Jokic, Murray, Harris, Gallo), not as good picks (?) but they can make a good package too obviously.

The Celtics have the best picks (aside Phila) but if the team they want to talk with want good players, especially front court players, they have literally zero to trade. And even between their small guys i don't know...i think the best is Bradley but how much money you'll have to pay him after next season? I'd say a lot, maybe too much...Smart is going to expire too and as today i really don't think he's a quality starter. Thomas is doing good numbers but i still think the guy is not what you want as a starting pg, and he's going to get paid next summer. Crowder has a great contract but he's a role player, nothing more...overall, imo, their assets are a bit overrated, but obviously, in the end it's all about what the seller wants (and what the player traded wants if he's expiring).

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We need somebody who is a lot better than him.

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We need one more piece. If Phil makes Melo available, you have to jump on it.

Im prepared to cut ties with anderson to acquire Melo. Its just that they would want harrell and dekker but we cant give up both.

A first rounder, harrell and, anderson would be a steal for melo. We just have to hope DMo can bounce back

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Not a chance in Hell I trade for Melo. He had his shot with the Rockets in free agency, that ship has sailed.

D'Antoni and Melo didn't mix in NY, why would you want to upset team chemistry here?

Jatman20, BigMaloe, Nivos and 6 others like this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I just want to make our team better

6. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I fight with that grudge too but the simple fact is if it makes the team better you have to do it regardless of personal feeling.

However I don't think Melo is the answer. Paul George, who I maintain isn't on the trading block, would be the better get/fit

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We're on pace to set a Rockets' record for regular season wins. I'm not positive that Melo makes a 60 or more win team. Our pace is 59.

We would need to be looking at CJ McCollum or Paul George or Anthony Davis to move the needle. You know, one of these guys that adds quality to both ends and plays a position where they would provide a boost to what we have at that position.

#307 don grahamleone, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Jatman20 likes this.
  8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Should we go after the other Harrison twin at some point?

Andrew made Curry look like a fool last night

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Barring injuries (which is a HUGE qualifier) and if DMo can come back and rightfully earn back his minutes in our rotations, I really think this team is pretty much set this season.

Of course, if you can swing a real 2nd superstar somehow and not tear down this team to get him, you do it but I'm getting pretty comfortable and confident in this group.

At our guard rotation, Harden/Bev/Gordon is as good as it will get for us in the immediate future. It's a solid group and a group that you can definitely compete with going forward. While we might look for an upgrade for Bev in the future, right now things are really good with our guard rotation.

Before I thought Dmo would come back this season, I felt like we were 1 good front court piece away from having a really solid group. So if DMo can come back and get his game going again for us, that should fill in that spot for us pretty well. Ariza/Anderson/Capela with Dekker/Harrell/DMo as the main back ups plus Nene for situational uses is really deep.

Of course, this all depends on health. The only moves I would make would be to get some veteran insurance, like the Prigs trade in 2015. Of course Brewer should be the first on the table but it will be okay if we have to use KJ or a prospect/pick to get some insurance for Gordon, in particular. If DMo regains his game, he could fill in for Anderson for a couple of weeks or so, if need be so I'm not too concerned for him. Primarily for Gordon/Bev since Ennis gives me little hope.

I'm so ready to commit to this roster this season. Unlike previous seasons, I don't feel like we absolutely need to make any type of big trade in order for us to compete. Even in that 2014-2015 season when things were going better than expected, I and many others still wanted Morey to get us a plus rated PG like Dragic, Thomas or Knight. I don't feel that need this season right now. It's a strange and welcomed feeling.

Even if everything goes pretty much right for us, we won't be favorited out West but I feel like this team has a real darkhorse feel to it.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I appreciate that, but for as talented as Melo is, I don't think he fits this system. The ball will become far too sticky.

I think the Rockets will let things play out until the deadline to see who becomes available. Unless someone unexpectedly falls into their laps.

11. valorita

valorita Member

Ryno, Brewer and kj

For

Milsap and Korver

Capella/Nene
    Milsap/Dmo/Harrell/Wiltjer
    Ariza/Dekker/Korver
    Bev/Gordon
    harden/Ennis

That is a super versatile/deep lineup and makes us a dark horse

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Leandro Barbosa is an obvious trade the Rockets need to make right now.

Will pick up the pace, will push Brewer out of the rotation and is hitting the 3 at 45%.

Jatman20 and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  13. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Interesting piece. However he's old and he shoots 2 3's a game so it's like he's adding 3 pts.
    That being said, i'm fine with it. It's a small piece.

Jatman20 likes this.
  14. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

And already know's the offense somewhat. Wanted him off the bench for years.

15. Rockets4Life13

I hope we can get a future lottery pick for guys like ennis,kj and brewer. That would be amazing although i think it will remain a dream.

16. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Barbosa is the same age as Nene. Do not want.

17. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

What's love or age got to do with it? (In my Tina Turner voice)

18. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Ha this team needs more Ike Turner than Tina. Give me PJ Tucker and Gary Harris.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Who says no here?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hbpm96d

Phoenix receive:

DeMarcus Cousins
    KJ McDaniels
    Corey Brewer

Sacramento receive:

Brandon Knight
    Alex Len
    Marquisse Chriss
    Tyler Ennis
    2021 1st Rounder from Phoenix via Miami

Houston receive:

Tyson Chandler
    Darren Collison

Phoenix: They get the biggest fish in the trade. Put him up front and you have a promising nucleus of Cousins, TJ Warren, Booker, and Bledsoe. They give up young prospects but I think they'll get over it because of Cousins and the fact that they moved Chandler's contract off the books.

Sacramento: They get an upgrade at PG with Knight and a very promising young player in Chriss, both being on their current contracts for the next 4 years. Len could be serviceable enough to keep and that 2021 1st Rounder should be pretty nice considering Miami might be a bottom dweller by then.

Houston: They get a legit defensive center that can split minutes with Capela. In addition, they bring in a point guard that can play with the 2nd unit when needed.

20. Rockets4Life13

I
    i doubt that cousins wants to go to phoenix. It's the same old story - a lottery team.
    Since i don't think cousins wants to go to phoenix, i dont think sac will trade him there.