1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Keeeep

2. CertifiedTroll

Does anyone want to be playing for the Kings? I have never seen a team that needs to be gutted from the highest level all the way to the bottom, more than the Kings. They are toxic.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Good idea.

4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

You think we can get lebron if we throw in Beverly or Ennis on top of Brewer and ariza?

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why?? Curious minds would like to know.

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

No doubt. Arabrocket for GM. Morey, hit the road!

7. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

8. malakas

malakas Member

according to what the announcers were saying the reason was Cousins blew out the coverage in the PNR. Matt Barnes intervened to calm both down. lol.

D-rock likes this.
  9. fattz

fattz Member

Big Val is always in the Raptor's doghouse --> their coach wants a Capela type center. We NEED rebounding and his stats show he is one of the best finishers. Plus he has good hands and nice touch on little jumps, too. He is COACH's dream.

Capela & DMo (sign and trade)
    For
    Val

JamalP. likes this.
  10. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

I second the motion for Val

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'd give up a lot for Rodney Hood

Deuce likes this.
  12. finsraider

finsraider Member

Let's say we're at the trade deadline, and Utah has underperformed expectations.

Would you trade Ariza and Dekker for him?

It's kind of like the Harden trade minus the picks. Ariza comes in as the immediate veteran presence, similar to Kevin Martin, and Dekker offers the potential of a long term replacement (lamb)........

Never mind. I just looked at our cap numbers for next year. All we would need to do is trade Brewer, KJ and a first to get close to the cap space we need to sign Gordon outright next summer. Brewer would be on a one year deal at that point...somebody would take him for a first. We can probably get a 2nd for McDaniels, who could either be made a RFA this coming summer or the team can pick up his team option for 2017-18.

Harden / Gordon
    Beverley / Gordon
    Heyward / Ariza
    Anderson / Dekker / Wiltjer
    Capela /

The only hole is backup center, and they've got Onuaku, Harrell, the room exception and other options to address this.

13. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

I really like harrel but some matchups would be tough for him but I belive onaku can develop into a tenacious rebounder

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

That's a fair point, but remember that Harrell would be going against bench bigs.

I think Harrell is Capela's equal on offense, and perhaps has a higher upside on that end of the court. He's a fantastic finisher around the basket, and he has a jumper that could develop into a weapon at some point.

He doesn't have Capela's potential on defense, but I could easily see him fit into the "switch everything" defense used versus small ball lineups.

Back to Heyward....would Utah take Ariza, McDaniels and a first for Heyward at the deadline?

15. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

I mean that's only if they know hayward is leaving in free agency and houston is one of his preferred destinations kind of like when dragic wanted out of phoniex and Miami was one of his preferred destinations and the heat gave up a first round pick and scrubs

16. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

oo they gave up two first round picks

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. . . I'm banking on Dekker long term
    Harden, Dekker and Capela
    KJ Gordan and Anderson

I want to see more development of Dekker, Capela and Kj
    They are young and seem to have skills. They cheap too.

Rocket River

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

In that case maybe yes, but i guess they would still call Ainge to know if he wants to be in the mix, and i think he would easily trade a package like Crowder, Brown and filler/s (maybe even a pick) for Hayward if they need to take him away from another team (assuming the Celtics are interested in Hayward obviously).

19. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Tyler E. and Corey Brewer along with future first round pick for Ilyasova

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

At first I thought you were asking if you'd trade Ariza/Dekker for Rodney Hood. In which case the answer is clearly yes, but no way the Jazz would do that.

Gordon Hayward instead... well to your point the Jazz might consider getting assets in return, though I suspect unless Hayward explicitly says I'm not signing here they'd probably risk him leaving than taking back that package. Not that Ariza/Dekker aren't serviceable players, but don't seem to move the needle a bunch.

If they would do it, then yes, I'd make that trade. FA is a crapshoot. The player is usually mostly motivated to stay, and if they do want to leave, they can go anywhere. Alternatively, getting Hayward mid-season, putting him on a playoff team and letting him get a taste, and theoretically he should still be just as good (if not better) offensively in the Rockets system, then I suspect he'd buy in quickly and be likely to stay.

But again, all that said, I think a scenario such as Hayward saying to the Jazz "I'm not 100%, I'd like to come back but will explore other options". And the Jazz might say "any specific teams you'd like to land on, we'd love to keep you but also need to be cognizant of our future as well. If you were to be open to a trade, which teams would top your list?"... and Hayward might give them a list... this all being behind closed doors.