1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

but what happens if they get crowder and bradley

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zlodz8l

Boston out: amir/ jaylen/ crowder/ bkn1st/ bkn1st/ bos1st
    Boston in: klay/ kj/ hou2nd

Gsw out: klay/ javele
    Gsw in: crowder/ ariza/ montrezl/ bkn1st/ bkn1st/ bos1st/ hou1st

Houston out: ariza/ kj/ montrezl/ hou1st/ hou2nd
    Houston in: jaylen/ javele/ amir

Its a complete haul for gsw and I think they would still say no, but in order for klay to move its gotta be something like this that's totally enticing. But no way do I even see boston offering up this much.

But gsw needs to start thinking about depth and their tax bill coming up in the future. Steph is due for his megamax this off season. Iggy is a free agent along with Livingston. Also zaza west varejao clark, practically the entire bench is expiring.

Sure iggy may take a discount, and vets will sign for the minimum there but they could use a deal like this which improves depth and puts some savy valuable contracts on the books.

#182 BigMaloe, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

For Cousins? I don't think that would get it done. Doubt those picks will be high enough to entice them. But if nobody else is interested because of his attitude problems, maybe.

I think I could live with that trade though.

The question is, does Cousins make our team that much better? Is he good enough defensively and will he be cool with playing second fiddle to Harden.

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

That's pretty close to the Rox best offer... and I still don't think it's enough.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

The Closest I Can Get to DeMarcus Cousins trade proposal:

HOU In: Cousins

SAC In: Anderson, Kidd-Gilchrist, Rights to Llull, Rights to Gentile, HOU 2017 1st (unprotected), CHA 2017 1st (top 10 protected)

CHA In: Capela, McDaniels, Gay

Houston - The obvious goal is to get Cousins. Personally, I think both the decision to sign Anderson and not to sign Gentile were in part Sacramento related. We know they had/have interest in both players. The secondary goals should be to keep Dekker if at all possible.

Sacramento - They have a perception problem around the league that makes it difficult for them to sign free agents. They lost out on Monte Ellis and Wesley Matthews due to it last offseason, and perhaps Anderson this offseason. For this and other reasons, I think established players like Anderson and Kidd-Gilchrist would hold more value to them than others. It also doesn't hurt that Anderson and Gilchrist are perfect fits for one another. I think they would sign both Llull and Gentile next offseason, giving them 4 quality players in exchange for one star.

Charlotte - I read something about how Batum's defense has fallen off a cliff. Without having watched Charlotte, my best guess is that he's playing out of position as a SG. Capela can step into the hole vacated by Biyombo a year ago, and KJ slides in nicely as a defensive compliment to Batum. Gay is a short term filler, but he also seems like the type of guy Charlotte could want to resign for the long term.

Harden
    Beverley / Gordon
    Ariza / Dekker
    DMo
    Cousins / Nene

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

There is no way we can compete with Boston or Philly in any Cousin's scenarios. Unless Cousins demands a trade to here and only here, its not gonna happen.

7. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'd like to move Ariza and Brewer and acquire Paul George.

Von Rafer likes this.
  9. awc713

awc713 Member

I'd like to win the next 20 championships

J.R. and Drogba like this.
  10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Of course we can't, but I don't see Philly as a trade partner. Doesn't fit the long term structure of their team. Let's say they do make the trade for Cousins. They aren't in a position to win now, so they have to convince Cousins to resign with them after another losing season. Tough sell unless one of their other guys has developed into a star.

Boston is different, though I'm not sure why the deal hasn't been done yet.

11. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

corey brewer for pj tucker

12. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

In an hypotetical Cousins trade, Houston offer has to incluid Capela, Dekker, and 2 first minimun.
    of course there are a lot of team that can made a better offer, but if Cousins wants here.....

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Any realistic bigs we can obtain?

14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

we should also demand a 1st round pick. we are being robbed by giving away those 2 just Paul George.

J.R., Drogba and malakas like this.
  15. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

The Wizards look like a fish out of water, flailing, dying. I know there is heat between Beal and Wall, that's been reported before.
    So I think one of those 2 has got to go. Wall is the better player but they recently signed Beal, are they ready to cut bait so soon?

I just feel like there is something there, that they will be a trading team.
    I see no reason to pursue Beal, but wouldn't mind Wall. Though character speaks a lot so perhaps this is one of those deals you stay away from because of chemistry.

First and foremost I'd like a strong center to complete the roster. I definitely believe in the need for a Guard+Big combo. I still believe Whiteside was the best match for Harden, but I don't believe that to be possible anymore. Cousins would be nice, but I'm losing my belief that he's a complimentary piece to Harden.

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Casspi wants out of Sacramento

Brewer and the rights to Llull!!!

17. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Casspi would be a major upgrade over Brewer. Guy can create a bit off the dribble and cant shoot the three.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Ennis and Brewer

Get it done Morey

19. malakas

malakas Member

I read yesterday that Casspi himself said it wasn't true.

In a Sac game I watched last week Casspi and Cousins were exchanging very bad words during FTs.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Never, ever, ever look at the hngn website. Hell, I don't even need to click on them; when I search "NBA trade rumors", and hngn's stuff shows up, I see the headline (such as the one above) and know how the bad the site must be.

Haven't seen yibada pop up anymore. Someone must have taken it out back of the barn and mercy-killed it. It was pretty rancid, too.

malakas and K mf G like this.