1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The Gamble

Two trades:
    Brewer, McDaniels, 1st round pick for Goran Dragic
    SnT Motiejunas to any contract, any length (must be atleast 18.7m) for Bosh

Dragic / Beverley
    Harden / Gordon
    Ariza / Dekker
    Anderson / Bosh / Harrell / Beasely
    Capella / Nene / Onuaku

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the gamble for who, miami? hahaha

riley "first we lose wade, deng and jj. then i replace them with luke babbit. now im trading bosh and dragic for piss and sht! oh no my time with the heat is over. i gotta resign""

3. jogo

jogo Member

Some ideas (some of these players may not be available):

If we sign DMo then I don't think we need a backup C. Capela, Nene, and DMo (Harrell/Onu as emergency) and we're fine. Trading DMo or Capela and I'd take a shot at Kyle O'Quinn from NYK. Defensive Big. (Sure I'd like Cousins but that's not happening. I'm ready to give Capela big minutes, though if he gets traded I'm not sure who to start.)

I'm not very concerned about PG but I have decided that Rubio would be a good get if he is cheap. He's a great defender and is a top 5 PG according to RPM and Win Shares. I know his offense is horrible but he does everything else well (even gets and makes FTs). Sure Bledsoe et al. are better all around players but I'm not sure we have a shot at a PG that's better than Rubio. We may not have a shot at Rubio, either. Picking up a backup PG as a free agent I think Cole and Chalmers might be okay. There are some injury concerns of course.

Thinking about SF and willing to let Ariza and Brewer go (obvi on Brewer) if we get back value. Players I think could start at SF I like are Aminu and Stephenson. I like Harkless and Snell as possible backup SFs. All these players are defensive minded and I think that's what we need to focus on from the SF. Some of them can shoot the 3, others not so much.

4. dmoneybangbang

3 Team Trade:

Roxs get: Lou Williams, Tyson Chandler, and filler
    Suns get: DMo, Brewer, and Beasley
    LAL get: Bev and Ariza

Our lineup:

Lou Williams/Dleaguer/KJ
    Gordon/Harden/KJ
    Harden/KJ/Dekker
    Anderson/Harrell/Dekker
    Chandler/Capela

or keep DMo if you can.

5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I wouldn't mind signing Larry Sanders. He was a defensive force a few years ago and apparently he's looking to return to the NBA.

6. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Yall think we'll be making any blockbuster trades before the season starts? Just read a rumor that Clippers and Celtics talking about a Blake Griffin trade...

7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

8. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

We probably did.
    "Hey Sam, this is Daryl"
    *disconnect*

9. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Cuzzzzzzz we would have to include harden.

Or a package of Ariza, Beverly, Capela, 2017-2020 first round picks and rights to all players over seas, and also give them 5 million dollars under the table

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Tom Haberstroh's ESPN Insider article suggesting that the Heat tank this year. And part of the process would be trading away Dragic.

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/16985873/wade-miami-exit-blessing-disguise

11. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Gallo. Big hit. Why wouldn't they stick with him?
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gallida01.html

He has never once had his dtg pass his ortg. He has great stats, great size. Last season he put up 20 a game damn-near. Why wouldn't they?

If they didn't I'm super on board with grabbing him. He's familiar with MDA and they have that Italian connection. Make it happen Morley.

12. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Eh, interesting proposal but I think I'll pass on the idea.

His comments about not wanting to share the ball are still fresh in my memory, plus he's 30 now and seems to be declining.

In the land of PG trade gambles, I'd actually prefer Rubio in this case.

14. valorita

valorita Member

Not so subtle race implication?
    Nash and Dragic are nothing alike on the basketball court.

15. Ratman

Ratman Member

Who westbrook wants to go to has the leverage, nobody will give up much for a 1 year or half a year rental of westbrook, as good as he is. Wherever he wants to go is where presti is going to have to look for decent assets most likely picks and expirings with maybe some young talent. Okc isnt going to get alot for westbrook is my guess, like i said before too much leverage for a team and i think okc wont let me go for nothing, and plus westbrook could always sign their the following year if he likes them that much. Lets hope he comes to play with harden to get at durant :)

16. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Uh, yeah they are. They both have high basketball IQ, deceptively athletic, and bring a whole lot of hustle and intangibles.

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Wouldn't trade Ariza for Gay. Would give up any combo of Brewer, Sam, Trez, Draft rights, KJ 2nd rounders for him though

20. jch1911

jch1911 Member

A combo of
    Brewer + McDaniels + rights to Llull & Gentile + Denver 2017 2nd + POR 2017 2nd

I think if DMo were included in an S&T along with Dekker, Kings may include McLemore and Casspi (bring Casspi home!)

Kings get some guys under contract who won't be running at the first hint of FA (because they can't).

Houston acquires some talent (most of whom have expiring contracts or player options next year). That would allow Houston to cobble together enough $$$ to make a run at another star (CP3, DRose, Ibaka, Gallinari, Lowry, Griffin, Westbrook, James, Durant.... even Curry ;) ) while potentially having option to bring players back.