1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Thabo is no where near as athletic as Roberson. He's still a little raw, but the talent is there.

He's got big upside IF his jumper continues to develop.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dump Brewer

Sign Jr Smith

Try to package Dmo(s&t) and Ariza + assets (picks, KJ/Dekker/Harrell/draft rights) for a starting PG and backup C.

Knight and Chandler would be ideal, but a third team would probably have to be involed.

Sign a wing player for depth with out room exception, perhaps Gentile.

Final product

Knight / Beverley
    Harden / Gordon
    Smith / Gentile
    Anderson / Beasley
    Chandler / Capela

3. j@amc

j@amc Member

Capela?

I think one the hardest decisions for us now is whether to keep Capela.

Looking out to the future, we could acquire some more tradeable commodities and package him for someone on a shorter contract. Here are three examples of young centers that can be had if we're willing to roll the dice.

Noel - 1-year remaining
    Okafor - 3-years remaining
    Monroe - 1-year remaining

I recognize that all these players have serious limitations, but unless Capela has some sort of revelation, I'd say he's seriously limited as well.

If someone really wanted Ariza or Brewer (or maybe even Beverely), would you add Capela (and picks) to sweeten the deal and give us more options down the road?

We could certainly sell high with Capela right now, but if he regresses anymore he might not even pitch a 2nd round pick at the trade deadline.

I really would like Capela to succeed, and I hate to give up early. But I think we need more than he can give us right now.

The alternative is to sign a Dedmon and hope he or Capela really take off under D'Antoni. I just don't see that.

Monroe, however, would be a great system fit. Yes, we might be worse at the rim, but at least Monroe has a good head on his shoulders and some experience in the league (and size).

Noel would be a fascinating fit for our "running" team, and he would cover for Anderson in good ways.

Okafor has elite talent, and lots of question marks. He's so young that having him would be a steal (and a future trade chip). I'm beginning to seriously doubt the Philly can get what he's worth.

What do you think? Roll the dice?

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The time to sell him high was after his rookie year. This season he became a better rebounder, and developed a semi-reliable jump hook, but regressed in other areas. Your point about not being able to fetch a second rounder if he gets
    worse, is a good one.

I feel Philly won't trade either Okafor or Noel for him, but obtaining Monroe along
    with a lottery protected first should get the job done. If Monroe's defense wasn't
    so bad, I would go for him. I think Capela will remain at his current level in the upcoming season, and the Rockets should look to trade him at the February deadline for a role player who can play on both ends of the floor.

5. craguin

craguin Member

Taken from the 'Snapshot of the Current Roster. Where we are now & what's next...' thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Phoenix Suns reportedly talked with the Atlanta Hawks about Paul Millsap, and they come armed with prospects galore, extra point guards and two future Miami picks.
    [ESPN] Shooting for the stars
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are Tyson Chandler and PJ Tucker available in Codman's firesale comment (see above)? Beverley sounds like a better backup option to Schröder than Bledsoe or Knight.

What else (picks/draft rights) would need to be added here?

3-way trade
    Atlanta in: Trevor Ariza, Patrick Beverley, Archie Goodwin, Alan Williams
    Suns in: Paul Millsap, KJ McDaniels, Sam Dekker
    Rockets in: Tyson Chandler, PJ Tucker, Kyle Korver
    [​IMG]

6. Chamillionaire

I do like all 3 players of you listed us getting but who's gonna play point for us? GPII?

7. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Just saw a tweet saying the Cavs are interested in Ariza...

https://twitter.com/CLEsportsTalk/status/750719700204740608

Not sure how creditable this account is (good amount of followers) but... most of the players we would want would be out a reach. Is there a 3-team trade possible where we can get some good assets back?

8. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

Ariza, Bev, Dmoe or Capela, Brewer, for Westbrook and fillers.

Then sign Zeller and sullinger just read boston not resigning them.

Lineup:

Westbrook /
    Harden / Gordon
    KJ /
    Ryan / Sullinger
    Zeller / Sullinger

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

The best proposal I've seen so far is moving several guys to Cleveland, Love to Sac, and Cousins to Houston. obviously doubtful, but not a bad attempt

10. craguin

craguin Member

You may as well start Eric Gordon since Harden will have the ball in his hands.
    I still like the idea of bidding for Tim Frazier from the Pelicans as a backup PG.

11. craguin

craguin Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets Cap Minutaie (2/2): HOU can sign Anderson/Gordon &amp; still keep all non-Dwight cap holds on books. Could S&amp;T Jones, Terry in trades.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/750699538634067968">July 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

Chris Bussard reported on his Twitter account. Cabs interested in Triza but Rockets not wanting to move him.
    This would be a perfect time to bring Klove .

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

I doubt we would be trading FOR Love. Perhaps he'd be moved to another team, but it really doesn't make sense with Anderson already committed.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If Cleveland is looking for a wing, the Rockets could trade Brewer right into Cleveland's 9.6M trade exception. Brewer doesn't solve their "shooting wing" want, but they get a serviceable wing.

Remember, before the Rockets acquired Brewer from Minnesota, the other team that was hot for Brewer was Cleveland.

1 person likes this.
  15. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

Wondering if love could play some 5 for us? Move him around outside and inside with DAntoni system. Just a thought

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

That would be an insanely equitable trade for all teams. Sac gets not only a "star" that would complement their surplus of bigs in a trade for Cousins but Houston would receive an upgrade to Dwight (talent wise anyway), forming a Big 2. And Cleveland/Lebron has coveted Ariza for a while now.

Lebron would have to log minutes at the 4 if Wade is signed but a starting 5 of

Lebron
    Kyrie
    Wade
    Ariza
    Tristan

That is some crazy scoring, rebounding and defense. Even Golden State's Big 4 plus Zaza would be hard pressed against that starting 5.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

How about a double SnT? DMo for Allen Crabbe.

18. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I guess the basis being Ariza and Capela to Cleveland? Probably a 1st from us to Sacramento? Maybe a recent draftee like Labissiere or Richardson from Sac to Cleveland?

So...

Houston OUT: Trevor Ariza, Clint Capela, future 1st round pick, 2017 2nd
    Houston IN: Demarcus Cousins

Sacramento OUT: Demarcus Cousins, Labissiere/Richardson
    Sacramento IN: Kevin Love, future 1st from Houston, 2017 2nd

Cleveland OUT: Kevin Love
    Cleveland IN: Trevor Ariza, Capela, Labissiere/Richardson

Not sure either Sacramento or Cleveland do those deals unless they really want changes or to avoid risk for Sacramento. However, Sacramento gets a more stable top player who is signed for multiple years and Cleveland eliminates the Love drama while getting a very useful Ariza, a young rotation 5 with potential in Capela and another young lottery ticket prospect in Labissiere/Richardson, all while saving the Cavs about $12M in salary and an enormous amount (something like $30M) in luxury tax.

So would Ariza, Capela, Labissiere/Richardson and $40M+ be enough for Cleveland to trade Love? Would Love, future 1st, 2017 2nd be enough for the Kings to give up on Cousins?

19. tc0330

tc0330 Member

I wouldn't mind this if we got Willie Cauley-Stein as well.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Is Miami really desperate to keep Wade? Trade for Dragic.

Dragic for Beverly + Brewer.