1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why not Dmo + KJ for Morris. LOL like I said before all you guys want to get rid of Jones so badly it's crazy. Morey and Co. seems to think otherwise.

2. fattz

fattz Member

Is a Morey just to let players walk? Or is it to let both go into FA and keep the cheaper of the two while sign and trading the other for a prize behind curtain number 3.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Since there will be a bump in the salary cap, both Jones and Dmo might be over priced. So why would Morey keep Dmo when it's a good chance a team might offer him 15-18 million a year. Therefore, wouldn't Morey let Dmo walk or will he try to trade him this season and get something for him?

If there is a major bump in the salary cap, why couldn't we afford Jones?

4. battousai

battousai Member

I dont think the issue is whether how much this player worth or how much would DM pay him. Its all depends on how replacable can this player be? Can we find a replacement for jones or Dmo? The window is closing on Howard to win a championship. Will Dm be concern of the asking price on Jones or Dmo, if we cant find a replacement at the 4?

We lost on Bosh, we lost on Aldrige (sort of), Can we get Love?

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

TJones for Ben McLemore

I don't get the sense that the Kings properly value McLemore. They signed Belinelli, Seth Curry, and Rondo this summer while retaining Darren Collison.

Ben hit 56% in the paint and 36% from 3. He's signed for 2 more years, or a year longer than TJones.

I could actually see Sacramento really liking TJones, especially if he looks like a gangbuster in November.

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

We've already discussed this on twitter bro. Not falling for that trap.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Posted this in another thread (made a few changes)...

I don't want to trade for him (Markieff), but I'd be happy to facilitate a trade to Toronto. I believe Cyberx mentioned something like PHX regretting not trading for TJones at the deadline.

TOR In: Markieff Morris, Rights to Gentile, Portland 2017 2nd Round Pick (via Houston)
    PHX In: Terrence Ross, Terrence Jones
    HOU In: James Johnson, Delon Wright (into the Shved TPE)

Lowry / Joseph
    Derozen /
    Carroll / Caboclo
    Morris / Patterson / Scola
    Jonas / Biyombo / Nigueira

Bledsoe / Price
    Knight / Booker / Goodwin
    Tucker / Warren / Weems
    TJones / Teletovic / Leuer
    Chandler / Len

Lawson / Beverley / Wright
    Harden / Thornton / McDaniels
    Ariza / Brewer / Dekker
    DMo / Johnson / Harrell
    Howard / Capela / Hayes

8. basketballholic

Dude, I love your creativity and a lot of your ideas. But I don't like this trade. I'm not a believer in Delon Wright at this stage.

Perhaps if you took away the second rounder it may be closer to true value but I'm still not a believer in Delon. So in my opinion, that trade doesn't do anything for me. I trade one player I don't believe in for another player I don't believe in. And I'm trading the bigger, more talented player. And then giving up a pick besides.

I realize opinions vary on Delon. And I'm open to change my opinion on him since he hasn't played a minutes in the NBA. Of course, if he looks decent then the trade probably wouldn't be there.

The basis of your trade, Markieff to PHX and Terrence to PHX has merit though. I can see PHX being a possible destination for Terrence as well as Atlanta, and possibly Detroit, Boston, or Philly (with Harrell). But I really think Markieff is most likely headed to Detroit or possibly Portland.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't get it for us, or Raptors.

We have Lawson, Beverley, Harden, Thornton and McDaniels in the back court, why do we need Wright? JJ is also expiring just like Jones which leaves us in the same predicament, except with a much worse player. Johnson has never averaged 10 points, or 5 rebounds in his whole carer.

So it's basically Jones, and 2 seconds for a 20th overall pick, who is 23, at a position of no need. Terrible for us.

Then from Raptors perspective, they're giving up Ross, Johnson, 20th overall pick in Wright, which is a lot of depth and a hefty price for Morris.

If anything, because the Suns owner is rumored to be cheap (unlikely to want to re-sign Jones), I could see something like

Patterson, Hayes to Suns
    Markieff, Leuer to Rockets
    Jones + KJ to Raptors

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't have a strong opinion on Wright one way or the other. We know from Morey's post draft comments that if Dekker wasn't available, the Rocket's would've taken a PG, but my strong suspicion is he was talking about Jerian Grant. Could've been Wright.......I doubt it was Tyus.

From my POV, Wright is a prospect locked up on a 4 year deal at a dirt cheap salary. Given the looming cap spike, he will have value unless he's simply not an NBA player.

Some may think this is too bold, but I think there's a reasonable argument to be made for James Johnson over TJones right now as a player. They have similar strengths on offense, but I like Johnson's defense better. TJones has the higher upside, but the reality is you shouldn't pay both TJones and DMo next summer.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

It's not a question of "needing" Wright. If you're making trades strictly out of "need" in this league, then you're doing it wrong.

The good teams think ahead. They plan 2-3 years in advance of where they are today, but keep flexibility for other opportunities that may pop up. The bad teams, like Sacramento, think only about how to fill their current holes.

The good teams also have contingencies. For example, let's say Lawson gets another DUI, is suspended for the season and cut by the Rockets. Thornton signed a 1 year deal.....if he exceeds expectations, then he's signing a new deal with a different team next offseason. Beverley has a history of injuries....you see where I'm going with this.

By trading for Wright, you could have all of Wright, McDaniels, Dekker, Harrell and Capela locked up for 3+ years. All are under age 23, have a wide variety of skillsets, and are paid pennies in the new mega cap NBA.

For the Raptors, they're filling the biggest hole on their roster and are paying only 2nd and 3rd teamers for it. That's a pretty normal and favorable trade. And Morris is signed for 4 more years at a bargain $8 million per. It's not a bad deal for them.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Ross is very likely to get traded for a pf. It will all become very clear in the upcoming two months. If he gets extended in a nice cheap contract ( 10 per ) then they may keep him. The Craptors also have to pay (or trade?) Derozan so there's no way they pay both Ross and him.

13. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

Mclemore wouldn't get playing time on this team nor is even anywhere as close as good as TJones

14. Down19

Raptors only having to trade Patterson for TJones and KJ makes no sense at all. They'd be getting 2 players who are better and have more potential than Patterson

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Patterson is a solid player that would shine in a system like the Suns. Jones is expiring and rumored to be looking for big bucks, Patterson has 2 more years at 6 mill. When Patterson expires he'l be 28 and likely re-sign for a reasonable contract, Jones will only be 23 when he expires, a lot of teams will have cap space, chances are he gets overpaid.

I'd honestly take Patterson over Tjones at this point for those reasons, but especially with the Suns since they have a frugal owner and still need to add a couple of more big pieces before looking to contend, they should be looking to stay flexible with their cap.

But anyways, Raptors could send a 2nd or maybe a young player like Nogueira or something either to the Rockets or the Suns in that type of deal.

16. Down19

TJones is most likely going to get something like 5 years 70 million or 4 years 68 million because he's a RFA and they get paid more than UFAs. I'd still take Jones over Patterson cuz he's a lot better and is still improving a lot. If we're trading Jones I don't see us trading KJ another guy who will be getting a good amount of minutes this year.

17. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

I don't see why the rockets would trade Jones. There isn't an upgrade that is available at his current salary. Morris makes way too much for the rockets to trade for bc of salary matching requirements and I'm not too sure how much of an upgrade he actually is over Jones. I'm more than happy with how the roster is constructed as of today and I am 100% confident in saying that after they sign terry that this is the roster on opening night.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

A million times over, KJ can't be traded until December.
    From what you know, do you see the Suns holding onto markieff until then?

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

welcome to Carl Herrera's ignore list.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

I doubt it. Even if Morris was worth KJ + Jones (and I don't believe he is), Morris will be gone by then.