1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. CallMeTheDream

The very second harden leaves throws out any chances of Durant signing here. If you really think antetokoumpo can win us a title I don't know what to tell you. If he can't even make the playoffs in the east what makes you think he'd do damage over here as the premier option. That trade would set us back 5 years.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Well, you might not, but rumors were the Rockets tried to trade for him at the trade deadline with Dwight Howard. If Howard would have opted in, Monroe would be here.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

There is no guarantee that Durant signs if Rockets stay status quo with Harden either. It may come down to Rockets' new coach and vision for success. And I am of the opinion that Giannis is on the rise, his ability to play every position on the court at high level is a game changer especially in this new era of not being allowed to touch the guards.

Until Harden commits to defense and making his teammates better (not just himself) then I do not see how the Rockets will progress further than where they are now. One and done in the playoffs. 2015 was an amazing run, but was that the outlier or the norm?

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I could see that being true, but i think in this case, Morey was just try to have a tradable asset for this summer instead of losing Howard for nothing. I think Monroe is a nice player but not that good (or better, not that suitable) for TODAY'S nba, he's too much a sort of old school offensive power forward in a center's body...hard to play him as a starter but too good to be a bench player, especially since he makes a lot of money. Maybe the ideal scenario for him is a team that plays with two bigs like the Grizzlies, Pacers of these past years, but how many of those teams are out there?

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree that the intention was to acquire a tradable asset for flexibility.

6. craguin

craguin Member

An outlier; Clutch said it best:

7. R=$

R=$ Member

would you trade Blake Griffin for Harden straight up ?:eek:

8. craguin

craguin Member

1 vote 'maybe':
    1 vote 'no':

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

R u in dream? Why will Durant & Whiteside come here?

10. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

But Morey wanted two first round draft

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But if you routed Greg Monroe to a third team, say, New Orleans, in exchange for whomever they draft for us at (wherever they pick in the draft) and other considerations (Monroe being from Louisiana).....would you do it?

No. Harden is better and Griffin has shown tendency to injury.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A future lottery protected first rounder and Corey Brewer for George Hill. I wish that would work, although it's highly unlikely to happen.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

Is it possible we could poach Tyson Chandler and either Brandon Knight or Eric Bledsoe? Salary wise, it matches with KJ, Capela, Ariza, and Brewer- but I doubt that would be enough. Chandler's getting up there, but he'd be a good fit with Harden.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Heck yes if you get a high pick for Monroe.

Monroe has very limited use in the NBA though - unathletic bigs aren't a sought after commodity... Would he work next to AD? Possible? Davis works well facing the hoop and from distance, Monroe a space eater rebounder who needs a rim protector at the 4.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, I would.

DD

16. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Chandler would be a decent get. I doubt they let us get Bledsoe but man that guy has legit injury concerns doesn't he? Phoenix will never contend with him on that squad and I think that would carry over to us. Brandon Knight, posterboy for getting posterized, is someone who I like because he puts it all out there even though he gets shat upon.At least the boy tries to play defense, something that the Rockets clearly lack.

I do not think either team gets screwed in your proposed trade, I think you have to have another trade in the works though because that trade doesnt take us too much further. Unless you can get Horford.

Bledsoe
    Harden
    X
    Horford
    Chandler

Thats not bad. Can Beasley fill that role? Barnes would be an obvious max scenario. The defense would rate anywhere from 10-20 in the league, maybe closer to that 20 though.

17. fattz

fattz Member

Best return we could ever get, so yes please.

Giffin >Webber
    Sign a wing like Fourier (shooter / all around player)
    Sing DMo (passing / D / post & range - like a Vlade Divac)
    Sing a shooting point

Run Rick Adelman type of offence

The team would have a direction and identity

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

bingo

19. R=$

R=$ Member

Incoming Players
    Blake Griffin
    27 year old, 6-10, 251 lb PF from Oklahoma
    21.4 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 4.9 apg in 33.4 minutes in 2015-2016
    Austin Rivers
    23 year old, 6-4, 200 lb SG from Duke
    8.9 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 21.8 minutes in 2015-2016
    Outgoing Players
    James Harden
    26 year old, 6-5, 220 lb SG from Arizona State
    29.0 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 7.5 apg in 38.1 minutes in 2015-2016
    Corey Brewer
    30 year old, 6-9, 186 lb GF from Florida
    7.2 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.3 apg in 20.4 minutes in 2015-2016

20. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Hou/Ny

Knicks in: Beverly, Ariza, Dekker, Harrell and 2 future 1st
    Rockets In: Melo and 2nd rounder

Rockets: Pick up a scorer to take the load off of Harden

NY: Gets good role players (3-d), young players and 2 future picks and start the rebuild process around Porzingis.

With the remaining cap space, Rockets sign or trade for a 4...maybe even Horford and sign role players.