1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Do you see any deals we could put together to snag Middleton? I already know the answer but just want to get your perspective

2. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Malakas is also a bucks fan, so remember that. I was thinking about Dwight package for Monroe package last night when I was in deep thought about this whole situation. I'm gonna miss dwight and everything he brought to the city and me as a fan. I've met the man a few times and hes a super nice guy as everyone knows. I hope he wins a ring

3. malakas

malakas Member

I am a Bucks fan but that doesn't mean I am not fair or trying to.
    I am also even more of a Bulls hater but I try to be as objective as possible. (in trades not when I trashtalk them in other threads :p ).

I can tell you with complete confidence, as much as someone who doesn't have insider info can be, that the Bucks are not interested in Dwight because his 30 year per will make it extremely hard to pay GA 25 and JP 23 per that will be their max in 2 years. (plus whatever crap MCW gets if he's not traded). Monroe costs 17 and is expiring the year after this so his contract is great for the teams financials.
    The team had the opportunity to go and overpay Chandler this summer if they wanted an overpaid old defensive center. They didn't. And Chandler costs 13 per which is less than half of what Dwight will cost.
    The team already made a hard financial decision last year not to pay Knight his max to save money for the forwards' max contracts.

Now if it happens it happens but I don't see it happening. I will be shocked.
    However in a 3 team trade that sends Dwight somewhere Monroe+ smth to the Rockets and a third team's assets to the Bucks that's more feasible.

Sure. Harden for Middleton + Monroe + a top 10 2016 first. :grin:
    He's a franchise cornerstone by the organisation and better not give me the opportunity to talk about his further growth this year in playmaking in ballhandling in posting up and in even using more his athleticism because I'm a huge Midds fan and I can go on and on and on.
    It's too bad he's not recognised more by the media because he should have been an all star over Pau and IT.

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Believe me, I know all this. That's why I want him :p

5. Asian Sensation

In: Horford, Millsap, Teague, Korver

Out: Dwight, Lawson, Brewer and Harrell or Jones

Scoring, rebounding, defense in paint all covered. We get another playmaker in Teague and a shooter in Korver.

Hawks can have chance to rebuild and see how Dwight is as the #1 option and decide whether they wanna resign him or not. Worst case scenario they have a bunch of cap space and it's not like Horford/Millsap will push them over the hump. I think Dwight can get back to 18/13 in ATL and Lawson will probably return to prime Denver form.

A lot of underperforming talent for the most part on both sides that helps both teams IMO.

6. chasingu

chasingu Member

let's trade ClutchtheBear straight up for Harry eagle

7. malakas

malakas Member

*friend request sent*

:grin:

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I mean for real: how good would Harden and Middleton be? It makes my mouth water..

9. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

Lol. Bud from the Hawks would laugh you off the phone.

10. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

lol come on bro. That's a quick way to get Morey's number blocked. It's basically Morey calling and saying "Give us all your stars and we'll give you a broken down Dwight and scrubs".

11. malakas

malakas Member

They would have been a perfect match. Put Middleton in the better wing, and have him play off the ball as a deadly shooter from 3 or playmake when Harden is on the bench and when you want to go small ball you can put Midds at 4. You can also go bill ball and put Harden at 1 and Midds at 2 with Ariza at 3 and shut down the passing lanes with all that length.

But on the other hand if Middleton was drafted by the Rockets he wouldn't have developed in some areas as he has, like playmaking and Morrey would take the midrange and the posting up off his game and not let him develop it, even though he's one of the best in the league in that.

But it won't happen.

12. basketballholic

I don't care if you have four guys out there with 8 foot arms, Harden defending the point is a layup drill for the opponent. Posters should be banned for coming up with such hairball ideas like Harden defending the point. That's how bad it would be.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah ok. Because proposing a situational lineup that one single person happens to disagree with is a bannable offence while pretending to be an insider and carrying a personal agenda against a member of the team and trolling is not. Oh and multiple accounts.
    Lets see who is banned first buddy.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Malakas. I know your gonna say no because you think Milwaukee doesn't want Dwight and your so favorable for Middleton. But value wise what you think about this.

Dwight, Ariza, Beverley, Capela to Milwaukee (maybe add picks and Thornton for sg depth)
    Monroe, Middleton, Bayless, ob3 to Houston.

15. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Dwight and Brew

for

Asik/Anderson/Eric Gordon
    Pelicans 1st rounder

Pelicans pick is a top ten pick

Asik and Anderson are perfect for our Harden ran offense... If Eric Gordon could ever get healthy his shooting is also what we need around Harden

The Pelicans pick will be a valuable asset and Anderson and Gordon expire at the end of the year

thoughts

16. basketballholic

LOL.

There ain't one, single situation where it makes sense to have Harden defend the point.

Posters should be banned for suggesting such garbage. :p

(In case you haven't figured it out I'm trolling you with the banned comment. Do you need a medic to get the hook out your jaw? Prolly time to get those blonde roots dyed again. ;))

#3256 basketballholic, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  17. malakas

malakas Member

value wise as in a vacuum only taking into account contracts?

Ariza is a little more value than Monroe, but Monroe has much less potential destinations to be sent to so Ariza can get a much bigger haul.
    Dwight who expires + Capela + Bev are a little less value than Middleton but about the same. (positionals need around the league).

However Milwaukee and Houston are not viable trading partners because they are in very different places and don't fit. One is rebuilding and has only 3 core players who are very young and the other is selling to probably retool fast.
    Charlotte or Boston or Atlanta or Indiana or Chicago..teams who want to make the playoffs or want to go a step further are the feasible trading partners.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ish hitting the fan now</p>&mdash; Ty Lawson (@TyLawson3) <a href="https://twitter.com/TyLawson3/status/698112176385445888">February 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

_holic has multiple accounts here?

Damn, that's sad.

20. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Someone in another thread gave me this idea
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hrmwv2z
    HOU in: Antetokounmpo, Middleton, Henson, picks etc.
    MIL in: Harden, Jones, KJ

This is in a scenario in which we decide to blow it up and start over (duh).
    Greek Freak and Middleton are nice foundational pieces, along with an athletic big in Henson. You can also add a nice free agent to the team before Giannis' next contract and start moving into #ANewAge again.

Milwaukee gets one of the most talented guys in the league.