1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. colts_1994

colts_1994 Member

Houston receives:
    Horford
    Teague
    Korver

Hawks receive:
    Howard
    Beverly
    Dekker
    Picks

Teague/Lawson
    Harden/Korver
    Ariza/Brewer
    Horford/Smith
    Capela/Motiejunas/Smith/Jones

2. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I wish! I finally moved back to Houston after living in Atlanta for the past 2 years. I was able to watch the hawk play constantly and they are all the real deal. A guy like Korver would have a field day with Jamea creating open shots for him. We could have a legit PF/C that can spread the floor and a point guard that can play with and without the ball. Dream scenario but will never happen.

3. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Goodness no. Capela has been absolute trash. Cant finish at the rim, stone hands. I'd run Horford at Center over Capela for at least another year until Capela can mature. Lots of small ball, which I hate, until things even out. Tegue/Harden/Korver/Ariza/Horford? Yuck.

We have to get a center back for whoever we trade Howard for if that's the case. Horford is serviceable.

Again, if im trading Howard for anyone, it's Boogie. Give them a pick, Ty and take back some bad contracts. Harden/Boogie going forward both around the same age- im all about that life. Is Gay a bad contract? I really don't know. I dont watch Kings bb. Howard/Ariza/Ty/Pick for Cousins/Gay/filler (probably Bellineli, they had him on the block?)

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Capela is basically a rookie and is much further along than anyone would have expected last summer. He finishes about 66% of his shots at the rim - not great but not terrible either.

If we are going to try and win now, I agree - trade him. If we are going to blow this up, he's worth holding on to.

5. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Opposing wings would both get career highs against us every game.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Fire sale Ariza trade idea's

Ariza for Casspi and McLemore

Ariza, Terry, Thornton for Novak, Robertson, Morrow, McGary, Kings and Hornets 2nd's (2016&2017)

7. malakas

malakas Member

I'm sorry but if you honestly believe we can trade Dwight for Boogie ...I won't say delusional but I will say extremely homeristic idea of Dwight's trade value.
    It doesn't matter if we add our crap firsts or DMO or Ariza or any other. We don't have the assets to get Boogie.

No.
    Mclemore is just..undeveloping right now after so many games can be called a bust. He is probably extremely low bball iq player because with all the chances in the world he has gotten he is still almost the same player who player very bad defence no handles no good concept of team basketball..And he needs extension this year and quess who is his agent? Rich Paul. :rolleyes:

The other deal is also dealing for many parts who are worse players. McGary is a pf who can't play any defence. He's really bad in that.

Not trading Ariza for any of those packages.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

What makes you guys think Jeff Teague playing next to Harden would work any better than Ty Lawson?

9. malakas

malakas Member

as long as Harden doesn't decide or want to play off the ball it won't work well.

it will be better than with Lawson because Teague is much better defender and doesn't have motivational issues or addiction issues. But it will be very bad still because Teague is not a 3+D pg and needs the ball in his hands.

10. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

To Rockets: Rudy Gay, Lou Williams, Brandon Bass, Ryan Kelly.
    To Kings: Corey Brewer, Terrence Jones, Rockets 2017 1st, rights to some overseas guys.
    To Lakers: Ty Lawson and KJ McDaniels.

Why it works for Kings: They get Brew on a decent deal and could even send him to another contender for some picks. T-Jones could fit well next to Cousins.

Why it works for Lakers: They get out of Lou's multi year deal to get some cap space this summer and a nice potential role player in KJ McDaniels.

11. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

Teague is shooting 41% from 3 this year. 0% chance Hawks would ever do that trade though.

12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

If you mix that with the Horford deal shown above the rockets roster would look like this:

Teague/Williams/Terry
    Harden/Korver
    Gay/Ariza/Kelly
    Horford/Smith/Bass
    Capela/DMo/

13. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

.... Hawks are 31-24 and the Rockets are 27-28 yet the Hawks blow it up and give the Rockets 3 starters? Teague is worth more than Ariza and I doubt the Hawks wont give up Horford just to give him up.

14. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Not going to get much for Howard. Best I can see the Rockets getting is maybe David Lee expiring, RJ Hunter, Jordan Mickey and 2017 Brooklyn pick. Even that seems like far too much for the Celtics to send, if they still see a lot of upside in Hunter and/or Mickey. Maybe the Rockets would also take back Jerebko. He has an extra year on his contract, so that would not be ideal. Might be able to attach him to a team like Portland to take him in exchange for them getting to keep Mickey and send back a foreign rights player (Diez would be the only one with a chance at any value) to the Rockets.

15. SRR21

SRR21 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j6j3e6z

HOU out Howard - Harrel
    HOU in Bradley - Crowder - Jerebko

BOS Out Bradley - Crowder - Jerebko
    BOS in Howard - Harrel

then try to complete a smaller trade for 1 of these
    C Steve Adams OKC
    C Nikola Jokic Denver
    C Alex Len Suns
    C Timofey Mozgov CLE
    C Tiago Splitter ATL

16. malakas

malakas Member

What do you think of this ?
    Dwight + Beverly for George Hill + a filler? and a first.

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Indy pick would be a low 1st rounder at best. I think we get fleeced unless they take Brewer off our hands too.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Dallas and Boston 2016 firsts are about the same if not worst. And Hill is worth a lottery pick maybe more because it's just one of him in the league. (and just recently even became available).

19. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

The contracts don't work well in terms of flexibility, no to Indy.

20. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Yeah, I thought about Bradley and Hill but didn't think they'd be on the move. Delly isn't going anywhere and I don't think Oladipo is a good fit. Conley would be nice though.