1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pfyjqy7

HOU:DMO+TJones+KPap+Prigioni+Brewer+2015 #18 pick+2017 1st round pick(HOU)+2015 2nd round pick(NYK)

POR:L.Aldridge+A.Crabbe

BKY:T.Young

=======================================================

HOU:L.Aldridge+A.Crabbe

POR:DMO+T.Young+Brewer+2015 #18 pick+2017 1st round pick(HOU)+2015 2nd round pick(NYK)

BKY:TJones+KPap+Prigioni

2. theprof

theprof Member

How about DJ Augustine? S

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

I could see that if Portland has accepted that Aldrige is leaving. Maybe they agree to have Young opt out and make a play for David Lee as well.

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

we could have drafted him. oh but we gave up that first round pick for Terrence Williams. doh

5. Chamillionaire

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Anyway we can get Milsap?

7. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Why do people suggest trading players that are free agents this offseason? Trading Brewer would require his consent for a sign and trade, one that might be awfully difficult to get. Also, during the process of trying to get his consent might turn him off the Rockets and hurt us further in resigning him if things don't happen.

I do like the idea of getting Aldridge though. I like it a lot.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ratman

Ratman Member

Yes itd be nice to have a point guard that can score but with this trade we are left with an aging dwight a free agent pf in smith and capela who got most of his minutes in the playoffs last year. We then need major help at the 4 and we get rid of Ariza who i think is a pretty big glue guy.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

With it looking more and like the Rockets will indeed get Llull with the MLE (I assume leaving just enough to lock in the #32 pick), this is the kind of offseason I would love to see:

-Sign Llull for about $5M of the MLE on a 2 year w/option or 3 year deal
    -Re-sign Beverley for 3 years and about $7M per
    -Re-sign Brewer for just higher than MLE for a 2 or 3 year deal
    -Re-sign Smith on wink-wink 1 year with player option max rights raise deal = $2.6M
    -Sign Scola for Vet Min = $1.2M

Now the stretch...With Miami in position of needing to dump salary to resign Wade and Dragic:
    -Trade #18, Papa, and TJones for #10 and Chris Anderson/Josh McRoberts
    -Draft Devin Booker at #10

This would give the Rockets a boost at PG, even if it is not a top flight player, but just a much better 2 man rotation. Keeps Brewer around as a top 6th man. Adds a desperately needed young sniper in Booker. Keeps DMo and Smith, while adding a solid vet #3 PF backup, who is reliable and hardworking as insurance. At #32 we could go a number of ways with BPA and a stash if available. It also would allow us to stay under the luxury tax line of $81.5M.

PG - Beverley ($7M)
    Llull ($5.3M)
    Johnson ($0.85M)

SG - Harden ($15.72M)
    Booker ($2M)

SF - Ariza ($8.2M)
    Brewer ($5.9M)

PF - DMo ($2.9M)
    Smith ($2.6M)
    Scola ($1.2M)

C - Howard ($22.36M)
    Capela ($1.25M)
    Dorsey ($1M)

McRoberts ($5.55M) or Anderson ($5M)

Total Salary is about $80.4M and $1.2M under the tax line of $81.6M.

1 person likes this.
  10. OpenLayup-Why3?

I keep trying to prove people Scola will not come here. He's not american, he won't stay to live in US when his career is over. That means he won't play for minimum in the NBA. He can get same/more outside NBA

11. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

If we were to trade with Denver, I'd much rather have Gallo than Lawson imo. Gallo's contract is expiring and likely won't go for a big pay day either. I think we could pull of a trade that doesn't give up Ariza so we could possibly use him for a bigger deal. If we were to trade Ariza for Gallo however, we'd probably need to get more pieces back. If it were a 3-team with Sacramento where Lawson goes to Sac for the #6 pick and we send T.Jones and filler along there, I'd gladly take Ben McLemore or Darren Collison. I'd also be open to bringing back Carl Landry.

Another player I'd really want is Norris Cole. If we sign Llull, he'd be a quality backup. Prigs, Johnson, Papa, #32 for Cole, Babbitt, and #56, should do the trick in my opinion.

If both happened and we signed Llull, and brought Back Smith, Terry and McDaniels (assuming we get McLemore, Gallo, and Landry for Ariza, Dorsey, #18 and Jones), we'd be looking at a roster of:

Llull/Cole/Harrison Twin (#56)
    Harden/McLemore/Terry
    Gallo/McDaniels/Babbitt
    DMo/Smith/Landry
    Howard/Capela

12. The Glide

The Glide Member

Seems like a Morey-esque move. Something not obvious and doesn't clearly improve the team to the fan's eye, but could actually give us two nice bench players for cheap.

13. Devious

Devious Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sacramento has been clear in trade talks: Kings more than willing to move back into the teens if a team includes a proven player in a deal.</p>&mdash; Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixSI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/612964297967292416">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Very interesting actually. I wonder if 18/32/jones is enough for them. Most likely isn't. They are likely looking at Lawson for 6 (which is over pay imo) but we could enter a 3way for Collison.

15. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Maybe if we take Jones out and put in Dmo?

16. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">&quot;Me voy a preparar para ser un piloto abridor. He escuchado que Minnesota me quiere, Houston me quiere&quot;, Vásquez sobre su destino en la <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBA?src=hash">#NBA</a></p>&mdash; Basket Vinotinto (@basketvinotinto) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketvinotinto/status/613015991828746240">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

17. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

Sorry, wrong tweet..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Greivis Vasquez in a press conference in Venezuela said the Rockets and the Timberwolves are interested in him, as per <a href="https://twitter.com/basketvinotinto">@basketvinotinto</a></p>&mdash; Sportando (@sportando) <a href="https://twitter.com/sportando/status/613018711918821376">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

18. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/06/chalmers-anderson-latest.html

If the right player is there at #10, Trading #18, TJones, & Papa's contract for #10 and Anderson makes a lot of sense for us to add a potentially much better talent (like Payne or Booker) and still gives us Anderson as a potential big man and an expiring contract to trade at the deadline.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kings are making guard <a href="https://twitter.com/NStauskas11">@NStauskas11</a> available via trade, reports <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS">@KBergCBS</a>.</p>&mdash; NBA Legion (@MySportsLegion) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsLegion/status/613096958421504000">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

20. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

God, I want Sauce. It doesn't make rational sense, but I just like his game/personality. Mostly just the nickname though, honestly.