1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I see where you're coming from. I just look at it as, having 2 1st round picks in a loaded 2014 draft, which you could flip. Also, you clear cap room next year to sign Parsons to a deal.

2. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Yeah I like his game as well, but I just wanted to make sure you knew his stats. Even in the Summer League he shot 25% from 3. (http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2013/players/sl_reggie_jackson/index.html)

It seems like he's a much better shooter (or should be) based off of what he did against us in the playoffs, and maybe he is. I could definitely see massive improvement, but who knows. That's a good comparison with Lowry in terms of seeing the potential, and then giving them a chance to show it. The only thing is that Reggie seems like Westbrook-lite, which might not mesh with this team to have him taking a ton of shots.

3. rogower

rogower Member

The Bucks now have Brandon Knight. A super obvious trade would be Jeremy Lin for Knight, straight up. Knight is a pretty good three point shooter, is only 21 years old, and is a great kid with a good work ethic.

4. Sanity2disChaos

Random thought.....anyone remember Cynthia Cooper? She was like the mj of womens basketball.

5. rogower

rogower Member

I think Thaddeus Young would be a great guy to get, as well. This works:

Jeremy Lin to Milwaukee
    Thaddeus Young to Houston
    Donatas Motiejunas and Brandon Knight to Philly

Houston upgrades significantly at PF and rolls with Patrick Beverly and Aaron Brooks at PG until this winter, when they're likely to trade Omer Asik to the highest bidder. C.J. McCollom and Robin Lopez for Asik and filler (either Brooks, Omri Casspi, or Reggie Williams?) works. I really like McCullom, and Lopez is a good backup C.

6. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Houston Out: Lin In:Dragic
    Denver Out: Chandler In: Thad Young
    Philly Out: Thad Young Philly In: Lin
    Phoenix Out: Dragic Phoenix In: Chandler

7. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I wouldn't say MJ, but she was AWESOME (love me some Comets!)

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Lin+Motiejunas+Smith for Ilyasova and Brandon Knight.

Howard/Asik
    Ilyasova/Jones
    Parsons/Casspi
    Harden/Garcia
    Knight/Beverly

9. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

id be seriously pissed and confused at Morey's stupidity if we facilitate a Gortat to that OKC team. He would counter Howard down low to enough of a degree that we wouldn't have a chance in beating them for the next few years. That's a HORRIBLE trade idea.

10. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

Lowry is a top 10 PG in this league ... When Healthy ... the problem is that he is rarely healthy. With that said, I wouldn't mind reacquiring him .

11. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

Illyasova would play 4 not 3 for us and i think we are giving up too much for too little in return. I dont value Allen or the 2nd round pick ... The only picks that should matter to us in the next 5 years will be lottery picks.

12. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Ilyasova or Ryan Anderson would be ideal. Definitely more obtainable than Love or Aldridge.

13. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Lin > Knight
    Asik > Ilyasova

Sure we need a 4 but that isn't a favourable trade package for us, Asik alone should be able to get more than just Ilyasova.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Have you checked his TS% and ORtg or watched him play lately? He is not a PG and not that good. Detroit gave him up to pay Jennings $8M/yr for a reason.
    Besides, the team is looking for guys who can play right now, not one who may or may not be useful 2 years from now.

15. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

16. verysimplejason

Actually, Lin and Chalmers got almost the same 3pt percentage especially in the 2nd half of the season. Heat needs a center like Asik. They had lots of fun last time with Duncan. :grin: What they don't need is somebody like Bosh who can't mix it up inside. They've got enough weapons with Wade and LBJ. Lin can easily take over of some PG duties imposed on LBJ and Wade from time-to-time. Lin's also bigger than Chalmers which is better due to the position-less concept of Heat.

Rockets on the other hand will greatly benefit on the defensive side by acquiring the faster-on-defense Chalmers. Bosh with somebody like Howard is a great upgrade for the 4. He can shoot 3s and long 2s and can defend the lesser frontcourts in NBA. He's the perfect 3rd wheel for the Rockets. Chalmers is also a well-experienced veterans who knows how to play with superstars. What's not to like?

17. verysimplejason

It'll be fun to see Harden and Nash on the defensive side of things. :grin:

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

They've finally fixed the trade machine.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i take it for Houston, but i don't consider it for Milwaukee. Ilyasova is a very valuable role player in the modern game. Motiejunas and Smith are dime a dozen until they improve a lot.

20. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

76ers IN: Omer Asik, D-Mo.

Bucks IN: Lin, Turner.

Rockets IN: Ilyasova, S. Hawes, Lottery protected 1st round Pick from Bucks.