1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

Didn't the bucks signed knight in the offseason

2. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

He was part of the Brandon Jennings trade. He wasn't signed outright.

3. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Rather have Rondo over Ilyasova.

4. basketballholic

I'd rather have both. :eek:

5. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Its happeningggg

6. hahachui

hahachui Member

That's is a better idea than trading Asik..seriouslY!

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'l give you some credit for that, but after so many injuries a player becomes labeled injury prone. And varejao is past that point.
    no im saying varejao's value is perceived less by the league, mostly because of his inability to stay healthy.

you are right about comparing value on trade packages. and while this draft class is TOP heavy and daunted as an epic draft. Top 10-12 protected means that it is either a late lotto or mid-to late 1st. Draft picks are ussually always over hyped and over valued. but people are heralding 2014 draft picks like every player drafted is going to be gold. These picks are on a pedestal. and unless its 5-14, im not thinking that its better than any other future 1st rd pick.

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Look, there was a trade idea based on Cavaliers wanting to make the playoffs. Asik for Varejao+pick. I wondered if that deal really improves the Cavs much or at all.

You are talking about league perceptions and fan labels. Who cares? The only thing that matters is how the Cavs see it.

To me it sounds like you are starting with the assumption that yes, the Cavs are desperate to get Asik, so now lets just decide on the price. Varejao's value can't be very high, so lets ask for more. That's what you seem to be saying.

In my post, I was wondering how much they want Asik. You are telling me how much it will cost them to get Asik. Two different things.

As for injury prone, I have no clue about his long term health but I think we shouldn't rush to conclusions. I think this is one of those situations where fans are mostly misinformed because they look at the number of games missed and go "ok" and don't bother to look in depth.
    This is what I see - a couple years ago, Varejao had an ankle injury. He came back, he didn't injure it again and he kept being as one of the most mobile defensive bigs in the league. Two years ago, he broke his wrist. He came back with an added midrange shot and much improved passing, and he didn't injure it again. Last year, he had a blood clot in his lungs. I don't know if the blood clot in his lungs will have long term effects; maybe, i'm not a doctor. But overall, those injuries seem as unrelated as they can be, so it seems logical not to jump to conclusions.

Now maybe he will get injured again, I don't know. He's not very young for a basketball player anymore, after all. But when you say that you and me both know that healthy Varejao is an oxymoron, I don't agree.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

fair enough.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

[​IMG]

Why the Rockets do it? We need a defensive stopper on the perimeter. Luol Deng can push Parsons to the bench, which should also give Parsons more energy on defense. Chandler says it should be no big deal for Asik to ride the pine? Well Chandler, put your money where your mouth is :) Seriously, I see Parsons still getting 30+ minutes in this scenario because he can play backup to Harden, Deng, and can get significant minutes at power forward against some teams. Seriously this is actually a no-brainer IMO.

Why do the Bulls do it? There is bad blood between Deng and the Bulls front office due to some medical stuff last season. So Luol might not re-sign anyway. Furthermore, the Bulls are DEEP in the luxury tax and they are also repeat offenders. They badly need to lower their payroll. Marion will re-sign for much cheaper in the offseason, and he's at least 80% of what Deng is, at least for now. I think the Bulls would also love to get their hands on D-Mo because they have the best defensive coach in the game and are GREAT at turning big men into defensive monsters. D-Mo has the height and the offensive skills and I'll bet they'd drool over the chance to turn him into a force on both ends. If this isn't a good enough deal for them, we could always make Dallas throw in a pick, or worst comes to worst, offer our own 1st rounder in the deal.

Why do the Mavericks do it? Because their defense both sucks AND blows and Asik gives them a legit defensive stopper next to Dirk. He's a younger and better player than Marion. Another no-brainer aspect of the trade, in fact, they may even need to chip in a draft pick to sweeten the deal.

Win/win/win for all sides. If the Bulls will so much as entertain this trade the Rockets should jump on it.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

^

Rockets rotation after the above proposed trade:

Beverley/Lin
    Harden/Lin/Parsons
    Deng/Parsons
    Jones/Parsons
    Dwight/Greg Smith

12. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

Rockets in bass hardaway shumpert
    Out Dmo asik

Knicks in Dmo rondo sullinger
    Out bargnani Felton hardaway shumpert

Celtics in asik Felton bargnani
    Out ondo sullinger bass

Trade machine says it'll work

13. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

Beverly/Lin
    Harden/shumpert
    Parsons/Garcia
    Jones/casspi
    Howard/bass

Second unit still looks deep

14. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

lin + ask for rondo and a scrub? kelly olyn-something

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Please stop with Rondo to HOU trades

He's a horrible, terrible, godawful, I don't have enough negative adjectives for this idea, fit with this team.

1 person likes this.
  16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Yes, the Mavs would definitely have to add at least one 1st round pick the Bulls way.

However, the Bulls are legit contenders, so it's hard for me to imagine them doing something like this. If they can't keep Deng next year, that's a shame. But now is now and they should go for it.

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Fire Danny Ainge! :p

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Btw, what's the bad blood between Deng and the Bulls?

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Team doctors messed up his surgeries or something. Bill Simmons talked about it on that 30 in 30 thing he did with Jalen Rose.

20. omgTHEpotential

Not sure if you're aware of it, but Bulls have the rights to probably currently the best player in Europe - a PF stud Nikola Mirotic, who's game is pretty similar to D-Mo's. It's speculated that he would replace Boozer after Carlos is gone from Chicago. So it makes little sense for the Bulls to acquire Donatas.