1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. AFS

AFS Member

I feel like OKC won't be making any deals with us anytime soon.

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

in excited for the deadline now, whatever we get is an upgrade than what we have got this week out of omer.

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

That argument would have some weight if Rondo was healthy.

4. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I posted this in another thread.

Asik for Afflalo Maybe throw in a pick just to sweeten it. Magic could do it so they can actually have Victor at the 2 and have Asik at the 5 with Nikola at the 4 and they could possibly actually lose more games so they can tank for Wiggins or Parker. I dont see how it could be bad for them. Also Afflalo is a better Shumpert and great perimeter defender. Also he is a Vet the team could use instead of a Young guy like Shump.

Nelson
    Victor
    Harkless
    Nikola
    Asik

Lin/Bev/Brooks
    Harden/Garcia/Brewer
    Afflalo/Casspi/Covington
    Parsons/Jones/DMO
    Howard/Smith

5. Remii

Remii Member

I like the idea... But, I think Orlando can get much more for Affalo then just Asik and a draft pick that will be outside of the lottery. That dude is ballin... And the way Affalo is playing _ they may be more willing to give up Victor or Harkless at this point instead of him...

6. Remii

Remii Member

Lol...

7. basketballholic

ROFL

Asik has far more value than Afflalo. Lets just trade him for Matty Barnes.

C' mon guys.

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Asik
    Parsons (who we probably wont be able to resign)
    and DMo

for Aldridge
    we can call up canaan and covington to fill out our roster.

9. Remii

Remii Member

Afflalo is averaging 21 ppg and 5 assist and shooting 50% from three point range (went 8-11 their last game)... Plus Orlando has a much better center than Asik already. So I disagree with you _ Afflalo is much more valuable to Orlando than Asik is... Asik is a solid defensive rebounding center and that's about it... And now that the Rockets are in a situation where they have to trade him because he is disgruntled and wants to be traded _ That doesn't put Morey in a great position because other GMs will try to low ball him... So C'Mon Guy _ Asik value may not be as great at this point as you think it is...

10. basketballholic

Disagree all you want. Asik is a top ten center. His trade value is much greater than Afflalo. We won't be trading Asik for Afflalo.

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I put this in the thread on the bad espn article, but putting it here too:

One suggestion that I think should get brought up is Bosh. I think he is more obtainable than LMA, and fits as well if not better next to Howard. I am not a huge fan of his, but his fit on this roster as a legitimate 4 who can stretch the floor and fill in some at the 5 is undeniable. The Heat are starting slow anyway, and Asik would really help them against some of the teams in the east, especially the Pacers -- who really gave them a challenge in the playoffs last year, and who look even better this year.

We would probably have to throw something else in, such as Jones or DMo.

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Asik, Lin and Parsons for Rondo and Green.

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Just wondering, Harden is most effective with the ball in his hands and running the pick & roll with Dwight. What would Rondo's role be on this team? We already have a defensive point guard in beverley. Why pay all that money on someone who's a terrible shooter? I say no to Rondo. We need a point guard that can SHOOT and create off the dribble as well. It's a waste of his talents and our cap space.

15. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Also, Rondo is not as good on defense as he gets credit for. He used to really focus on that side of the ball, but in the last couple years he has been more...how you say...hardenesque.

I've always really liked Rondo (I like crazy people who perform at a high level), but he fits on this team next to Harden about as well as Asik fits on it next to Howard.

Lin fits better next to Harden than Rondo would.

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Asik wants out. Denver's trying to trade the Manimal. So, Omer Asik &amp; Donatas Motiejunas for Kenneth Faried and Wilson Chandler. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RedNation&amp;src=hash">#RedNation</a></p>&mdash; Marco M (@ShowMeTheMorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShowMeTheMorey/statuses/401390131031977984">November 15, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kfejwbl

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Sadly Denver would never do that.

18. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I wish Danilo Gallinari wasn't injured.

19. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Really like this idea. Chandler has been shooting 57.1% from 3

20. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I think we need to entice Boston a little more than this, and I am also riding on a nice night for bargs, but:

Boston out: Rondo
    Boston in: Asik, *Felton/Hardaway Jr/???*

Houston out: Asik
    Houston in: Bargnani

New York out: Bargnani, *Felton/Hardaway Jr/???*
    New York in: Rondo

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p5ejqbw

Houston gets rid of grumpy and bring in a 7 ft power forward that can stroke it. Creates spacing for Howard and Harden/Lin obviously. Not much on defense though, supposedly.

New York's board seems to dislike Raymond Felton and claim they want a new PG. Rondo could be a target to please Carmelo.

Why does Boston do this though? I think Asik and Bass would be nice together, but is that what Boston wants? Perhaps New York throws in something extra.