1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. basketballholic

Funny....more guys coming around to Derrick Williams again.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

I like the way you think. Because it pretty much fits my own ideas.

Hawes and Millsap both shoot the 3. And do so very well. And Millsap = beast.

I do wish we could land a real point guard, someone who averages more than 5 apg (sigh), but I ain't gonna hold my breath.

3. basketballholic

Not gonna happen on this team. Because they are letting Harden run all the plays. That's the major problem on this team right now. We have more turnovers than assists. We are the only team in the league besides Utah that is like that (more turnovers than assists). We've got Harden being a scoring point guard and Lin being a small shooting guard. That's the way we play. Lin only plays the point when Harden goes to the bench. And both guys have god-awful A/TO ratios.

Hawes is turning into a beast. Dude is 25 years old, is a double-digit rebounder in 33 mpg, and he's flat out great on the offensive end, perimeter oriented like Vlade, great passer. Spencer Hawes has taken his game to another level this year.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Much to the dismay of Sam Hinkie.

5. basketballholic

Dude...I wished Hinkie would mothball him. He's gonna wind up earning a $50 million deal.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

And this beast of a player will be obtained for Motiejunas and expirings?

7. kmart9419

kmart9419 Member

Turnovers are so overrated. Harden and Lin get turnovers from attacking. I don't thing getting stripped while attacking is as bad as a bad lazy pass. Neither is an offensive foul. Offensive fouls shouldn't count as a turnover and should count as a miss attempt.

8. basketballholic

Since turnovers are so overrated, tell me, which championship-winning team had the lowest A/TO ratio over the last 25 years of championship teams and what was that ratio? And if turnovers are so overrated, tell me, which championship-winning team had the worst TOV% over the last 25 years of championship teams and what was that TOV%?

Overrated my hiney.

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

TOV% is important, but in context. In the context of Harden and Lin, they generally have high turnover rates, but make up for it in other ways. Lin and Harden have been turning it over a lot more than usual this season for their number of assists based on career stats. I'm not worried about them getting the turnovers down to acceptable levels based on all they do for the Rockets offense.

Miami was 24th in TOV% just a couple of years ago. Miami made up for it by lots of FTs and high eFG%, much like Harden and Lin usually do.

10. basketballholic

Go through championship basketball history and tell me what championship team had the lowest A/TO rate and what team had the highest TOV%. Then we can discuss whether turnovers are important or not. That is context.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Blah blah blah. Maybe you should go through championship team history. What Larry Bird did has little affect on how game is played today. I don't see the bearing. In the last two years, a team has shown how to overcome TOV%.

Isolating one factor is not important. Effective shooting and getting to line can overcome a high TOV%. Miami has proven this. Whether the Rockets can be as good at other aspects of game as Miami was is very unlikely with current roster.

No matter how many examples you can find that show a high turnover % among the days of hand checking and no zone defenses is bad, I can show one way to overcome high TOV% that is relevant to the way the game is played today.

TOV% is important, but it isn't a be all end all stat. Turnovers are more acceptable if they happen based on aggressive actions. Harden and Lin's A/T will progress towards the mean.

12. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Greg Monroe?

What do you guys think about a Parsons/Jones/1rd for Greg Monroe deal?

Lin
    Harden
    Garcia
    Monroe
    D12

We can always trade Asik for a sf if Garcia doesn't hold up. Monroe can also play backup center if Dwight gets in foul trouble.;)

13. klutch sidy

klutch sidy Member

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already, but I think Spencer Hawes for Asik would be a good trade. Rockets get a stretch big. Sixers get a solid defender and back up to Nerlins Noel.

14. klutch sidy

klutch sidy Member

Nevermind. I just read this same post. glad to see we are all on the same page.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

I think the backup to Nerlens Noel idea would put Philadelphia in the same boat that we would be getting out of by trading Asik. I think Hawes would be great for the Rockets but his value is a little inflated at the moment. His numbers will come back down to earth.

Morey is probably holding out for higher game with an Asik trade.

16. Remii

Remii Member

Wade had a pretty high turnover rate when he won his first championship and he's averaging 3.9 turnovers this year... And Magic had a career turnover average of 3.9... Turnovers can be unavoidable at times especially on a young new team, but I think it's more important that they make up for those turnovers in other areas... Plus you should track the turnovers of each individual to see if the opposing teams actually score off the turnover...

17. Remii

Remii Member

I think Hawes is a free agent after this year as well which means the Rockets will lose him... So I don't think Morey will even consider it UNLESS Sam throws and that New Orleans 1st round pick which I doubt...

18. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

Rockets:
    In alridge
    Out asik Dmo jones

Nets
    In asik Dmo or jones
    Out Garnett

Portland
    In Garnett Dmo or jones
    Out alridge

19. klutch sidy

klutch sidy Member

Honestly, Noel will never start at center in the NBA. What is he? 205 lbs on a good day? I think they would benefit even with Asik at the 5 and Noel at the 4. that makes the trade make more sense.

I just get tired of seeing these trade propositions where we throw away dead weight for a superstar. We need to be more reasonable on what we give and receive. Not every trade can be like the Harder trade.

20. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

they would probably want a package of Parsons, Casspi, Jones and a pick or something. Monroe is too valuable, his post game is very refined for his age