1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. H-townRedOx

H-townRedOx Member

eww no. Nelson is pretty bad now, Afflalo fell off a cliff 3pt shooting wise last season and there is no reason to believe he will bounce back. And I think Jones is gonna be better than Davis this season anyways.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

[​IMG]

#602 CXbby, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Lin is paid about right, maybe slightly overpaid. But Nelson makes the same as Lin, and is on the downside and is worse now. Lin has upside - last three months shooting 40% 3-point, average somewhere like 15-16 pts/6-7 assists while playing second fiddle to Harden. Look at what happened to Nash when he was on the floor playing second fiddle to Kobe.

Asik is not overpaid, even as a backup center. He is underpaid and extremely valuable. Given the dropoff in defense when he left the floor last year, I'd rather have another 15-20 minutes of top 5-10 defense after Dwight leaves the floor, thank you. That's the difference between winning games and losing games.

Afflalo is decent (best of the three) but also gets paid $8M a year and hasn't seem to get much more than a very good role player.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

No thanks to the Big Baby. I'm trying to convince my wife to watch Rockets games with me (The only way that I can consistently use the 50 inch in the living room). And everytime she sees him, she talks about how disgusting he looks and that he looks like he stinks. She would say the same thing about Lowry when he played here.

So please, just say no to Glen Davis.

5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Afflalo is good but overpaid
    Nelson is declining
    you don't trade young rising star for declined one without draft pick involve
    we are young and need to give more playing time to Jones/Motiejunas not Davis

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I dislike Nelson's contract alot. He's declining and is getting paid a lot of money, lins overpaid but has upside. Asik will still be playing 27 min or so per game at least so it's not a horrible overpayment and he will be more useful to our team than afflalo. Glen Davis could be a decent piece, but I want to see what jones and motiejunas do before going for him

7. rocketblood713

8. kcd

kcd Member

It probably would be better for Lin and Asik, but because it doesn't look like a good trade for the Rockets, they probably won't make that trade.

9. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

This is laughable

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Please no, and I think Lin's contract is just about right.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL.... they've been available since Dwight was traded. Even Afflalo who was brought in as part of the trade has always been viewed as more of a trade asset than a future rebuilding piece.

FYI- we have a dedicated thread for crackpot trade ideas like this-

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=242346

12. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

asik and vucevic on one team? that's like asik and howard on one team - not going to work

13. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

14. DuDDleyDawsonII

Afflalo percentages might've droped due to lack of talent, he can't create his own shot playing for the rox could do wonders for his game

15. bongman

bongman Member

If we are getting them, might as well change our uniforms that says Orlando Magic. :grin:

16. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

[​IMG]

17. basketballholic

^ This.

Now, if you take out Davis and you can figure out how to get Nelson's contract and possibly ship Afflalo to a 3rd team along with Asik for a superstar 4 man...then I'm good. Glen Davis is a huge no-no. Cap space killer.

18. basketballholic

Suns just drafted a young big man with a lottery pick. Don't think they're too interested in Asik.

19. Ultimate6thMan

Why is this thread here?

I signed in just to rate it a 0 Star thread, but Clutch's policy requires that I give it at least a 1. :mad:

20. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

can we include one of our PFs and get some draft picks included?

i think from a W/L standpoint, we will be ok

orlando will be alot more exciting to watch and may even snag a playoff spot

i actually think that our roster is fine and at this point, adding someone etc. wont make much of a difference to W/L but the bigger issue is coaching. i think if we had a good coach like Doc Rivers, we could get 6-7 more wins this yr versus Mchale