1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If we strike out on Melo/Love/Lebron...

Trade Asik for cap space and a future draft pick. Then cut Powell and have Garcia opt out.

Sign Kyle Lowry to 3 years for 30 million, with a 4th year team option. Then re-sign Parsons to the exact same contract.

Trade Lin, Jones and future draft picks to the Pistons for Josh Smith.

Lowry/Beverley/Canaan
    Harden/Daniels
    Parsons/Casspi
    Smith/Motiejunas/Covington
    Howard/

Add in our 2 draft picks and vet minimum free agents.

2. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I really like this. Smith at the 4 is really good. Great defensive player, passer and on the fast break. Won't really stretch the floor but defense is of our greatest concern, especially at the 4.

You probably won't need to attach draft picks to that trade as Josh Smiths contract is probably something they want to get out of.

3. Asian Sensation

For a damn good reason too. I'm pretty sure Morey is counting his blessings that the run for Smith fell apart last off season.

His man defense is overrated. He's coming off a season where he shot less than 42% from the field, 26% from 3 pt land, 53% from the FT line, in addition to that he's an average rebounder that turns the ball over way too much, has a low basketball IQ, plays a game that heavily relies on athleticism and although he's only 28 he's already played 10 seasons and has a lot of miles on those tires. Furthermore, he comes with a questionable attitude/character to boot in addition to his atrocious contract. I can keep going ....

Between Harden, Howard and Smith we'd average nearly 9 TO's just between the 3 of them.

On the bright side Howard and Smith could set the record for worst FT% between a PF/C in the history of the NBA. Smith actually shot WORSE than Howard from the line last season.

It's not a bad idea.... it's a Charles Barkley Turrrriiibbbleee idea.

4. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Assume Melo, LeBron, Bosh, Love fall through...

Houston Rockets Receive: #8 overall pick in 2014 draft via Kings, Ersan Ilyasova, & Miroslav Raduljica.

Sacramento Kings Receive: Omer Asik, Terrence Jones, #25 over pick in 2014 draft via Rockets.

Milwaukee Bucks Receive: Jeremy Lin, Donatas Motiejunas, & Travis Outlaw.

5. lr22

lr22 Member

Asik+#25 for Sims+#32 of Philly.
    Draft K.J.McDaniels and Dwight Powell.
    Sign with Mills for around $8M.
    Re-sign with Parsons, and sign with rookies.

Mills/Bev/Lin/Canaan
    Harden/Troy
    Parsons/McDaniels
    Jones/D-Mo/Powell
    Dwight/Sims

Still can use some ecxeptions, or can even trade Bev to bulk up lienup.

6. wadero

wadero Member

Am I the only one who remebers that Lowery and Mchale hate each other?

7. joesr

joesr Member

No but you might be the only one who didn't see Lowry saying he handled that situation poorly and he wouldn't mind trying again.

8. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I posted this in one of the LOVE threads, but I also wanted to throw it in here in case anyone wants to elaborate or expand upon the idea/possibility, since it is kind of a random trade idea. I apologize in advance if the double post offends anyone.

9. TheRealJames

TheRealJames Member

10. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

1. Riley doesn't seem like he would facilitate a Lebron S&T. He would make Lebron sacrifice some money for leaving Miami

2. If we could somehow pull all of this off, we'd have to do the Lebron trade first. We first need the leverage of cap space to even get Riley to the table. If you do the Love trade first and add his max salary to our cap figure, even if you get rid of Asik and Lin, you wouldn't have anything near max cap space left for Lebron.

I think my F5 button is going to break this summer.

11. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

Your really think Miami would trade the best player in the world for Asik, Lin, DMO and a low first round pick :confused:

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What did Cleveland get for LeBron?

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

like 25 draft picks lol

14. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Mike and Mike are talking about what Broussard wrote on espn insider this morning: basically Lebron and Melo coming to Houston and them shipping out asik, lin, and........Harden?! I dont know what to think about something like that.

15. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Don't think about it.......it is highly doubtful something like that happens.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

sign and trade lowry - 4years/40 million with ETO after 3rd year

lowry for Lin + future 1st

Then

Asik to Atlanta
    D'Mo to the Raptors

Korver and Chuck Hayes to the Rockets

Draft Jordan Adams with 25th pick

final lineup:

Lowry/Bev/Canaan
    Harden/Daniels/Adams
    Parsons (resigned after deals)/Korver
    TJones/Hayes
    Dwight/Hayes

17. Melkart

Melkart Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" lang="en"><p>Yahoo Sources: Zach Randolph, Memphis extension talks hit snag, All-Star forward considering free agency. <a href="http://t.co/vqMNCCqiLb">http://t.co/vqMNCCqiLb</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/481805971287977984">June 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In case Lebron / Melo / Bosh / Lowry are not available:

sign Randolph + wing defender with mle?

I know he's not a stretch 4 but he is still a big offensive threat, being able to contribute on that side even with Gasol clogging the paint in the Memphis offense.
    It means we would have 3 players with the ability to draw double team.

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I would say draft a big. There wouldn't be too much time at the 2 with Harden and a very capable Daniels. Add another big body via draft to help with depth in the front court.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Houston receives: Kevin Love and Kyle Lowry

Toronto receives: Jeremy Lin Terrence Jones and future 2nd

Minnesota receives: Asik, DMo, Parsons, #25, and future 1st

Rockets sign Ariza to MLE for 4 years

Howard
    Love
    Ariza
    Harden
    Lowry

championship parades every year :)

1 person likes this.
  20. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

This would be my dream lineup as well. Everything fits together perfectly.

Surround Dwight with 3 point shooters at all positions. Surround Harden with defenders at the wing while Dwight anchors the defense in the post.

Lebron and Melo are nice but as far as team chemistry and having players compliment one another, this is the lineup to go! Just thinking about it makes me wet. Repped