1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Rockets Receive: Kevin Love & Corey Brewer

Warriors Receive: Carmelo Anthony & Kevin Martin

Knicks Receive:
    Omer Asik, Harrison Barnes, Jeremy Lin, Terrence Jones, 2014 1st round pick via Rockets

Timberwolves Receive:
    David Lee, Clay Thompson, & Donatas Motiejunas

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kqndoy7

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

lol why?

3. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

So essentially the Twolves just get Klay Thompson for Kevin Love. That would be a disaster of a trade for them.

4. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

That's a trade that has been floating out there:

Love/Martin for Thompson/Lee

5. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Didn't see them also getting rid of Kevin Martin. Still, really crazy to me, but I guess they do seem to love Thompson. Looks like they are going to make a terrible trade with GSW. Khan must be pulling the strings again.

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In 1 corner...In the other corner...&amp; in the other corner.... DING DING! I think <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">@dmorey</a> might be Ricky Bobby's daddy! Ah, the good life!</p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/statuses/479822614286712832">June 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Someone tell me it's happening.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mao89er

Bobcats get an awesome frontcourt and replace MKG with a better shoot and equal defender in Brewer. I considered them getting Martin too- I'm unsure if they'd be interested.

We get Love and (possibly Martin to back up the 2).

Pacers get a backup point guard for Minnesota gets some young players and we'd send picks their way. (Indiana could also get Lin instead of Rubio- again this would necessitate more tinkering of the trade).

Another possibility is this (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=numklf) - where Indiana gets Kevin Martin. Minnesota would have to be interested in running a dual point guard system though.

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Ricky Bobby's dad was Reese Bobby played by Gary Cole.

Never saw Talledega Nights so I got nothin..

1 person likes this.
  10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

hmm...still trying to decipher the "in this corner" references

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Pretty sure he's talking about the three stars. Harden first corner, Howard second, ? in the third...

12. CertifiedTroll

Ricky Bobby, Rick Adelman?

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

Haven't seen and not on my to watch list... but checked out the quotes on imdb.

I'm guessing he meant Morey has so many options (trade or free agent targets) to choose from that he's on a high like the movie character being referenced.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

dude I'm going to try really hard not to be mean when analyzing your trade.
    So Minnesota replaces Love and Rubio with Lin, biyombo, zeller and mkg. And Indiana gets Rubio and gives up nothing.....literally no one from the pacers was moved.

I can't.

15. Sanity2disChaos

Sounds like a general reference stating that the rockets will have a big 3...with the boxing 3 corners reference....or just maybe the fight and marriage of the big 3 in Miami may be in jeopardy leading to a break up...the "in 1 corner" may have something to do with Bosh#1....

16. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

The corners refers to getting a third star to Houston

Ricky Bobby's dad said "If you don't finish first you finish last."
    Maybe his mention means the Rockets are getting their #1 free agent option (aka Lebron/Melo if Lebron opts in)

Either way, wow. In less than two years, we went from Kevin Martin to Harden and Howard, and still have the capability of adding a third star. Just amazing

17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Mavs will, but would agree Rockets are better (although you could make a case that the Mavs were the only team that gave the Spurs any trouble).

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

How would Hardin fit with Rondo? Hardin dominates the ball, and often brings it up the court. Bringing in any PG would require a change in offense, and Hardin playing without the ball, something I didn't see a lot of.

19. Oracle

Oracle Member

Well, Harden should not be the one bringing up the ball. If Rondo would change that, the Rockets would be in a much better shape.

20. kofkof99

kofkof99 Member

Trade Harden,Bev,Parsons,TJ for KLove & Rubio

PG:Rubio
    SG:Sefolosha
    SF:Melo
    PF:Love
    C:Howard