1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. basketballholic

No dude, no. We're not trading Parsons. We're going to attempt to get a 3rd superstar while keeping Parsons.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

What's with all these late games lately? :mad:

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Previous post was obviously meant for a different thread

4. DarylMoreyJr

DarylMoreyJr Member

Doubt Minny would do this trade, but I would love to see an Asik, Lin, Jones, and 2 first round picks for Love and Rubio trade this summer.
    Rubio, Beverley, Canaan
    Harden, Garcia, Daniels
    Parsons, Hamilton, Casspi
    Love, Motiejunas, Covington
    Howard, Smith, mid-level exception/draft pick

5. valorita

valorita Member

Jones, Lin

for

Milsap, L. Williams

We get the tough/hardnosed stretch 4 we want who can also defend and rebound.
    Also, Lou can be our spark off the bench and be more consistent in Lin's current role.

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Bring melo in here please!!

I don't mind what we do with harden... bring someone with heart.
    mcfail hopefully also will be gone.
    I'd like to see a great bench to replace asik and lin.

7. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

trade everything for rondo or conley a pg who play d and can run offense+jimmy butler,and about melo if harden doesn't start play d, a don't expect that he will turn into elite defender I will trade him for melo who is even in offensive part of game a two times better then harden a that's a fact.

8. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Harden for Melo... how obvious.

9. try

try Member

Just a random thought, the "we didn't get Melo and thus decided to get good players with heart and defense that are no obstacles for the 2015 free agency"-route.

Asik, Parsons
    for
    Millsap, Carroll

Might sound bad at first, but Millsap is a really good PF with solid defense and reliable three point range who would be a great third option. Carroll is a fantastic role player who doesn't need the ball, scores very efficiently, can shoot the three and plays good defense. Both are expiring contracts.
    Asik wants out and Parsons will probably get overpaied.

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

If it was Millsap and Antic this would be better - there's simply not that many good backup bigs out there, and the stretch where Asik was out was so painful because we either had to go small or play D-Mo or someone equally out of position at center.

11. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Perfect. ditto.

12. makio9

makio9 Member

John Wall is good friends with Dwight Howard. Just get Wall to demand a trade. I think he would fit in nice!

13. makio9

makio9 Member

There are no ethics as long as it doesn't involve racism. Seriously, lets get in John Walls head. He isn't winning in Washington. He is just too young to know better.

14. kunene

kunene Member

Next year's championship team:

Head Coach: SVG or JVG
    A. Coach: Sam Cassell

D12 / Spencer Hawes
    Paul Millsap / Anderson Varejao / Dmo
    Melo / CP25
    Thabo Sefolosha / Troy Daniels
    Kyrie Irving / Pat Bev

James Harden and T. Jones to Cleveland for Kyrie and Varejao
    Asik and pick to Atlanta for Paul Millsap
    Sign Melo, Hawes, and Thabo

Make it happen Morey

15. cmoney23

cmoney23 Member

RONDO FOR PARSONS ASIK AND A PICK?

This is my 1st thread ever created so bare with me. I know as rockets fans once the season ended and gave ourselves a couple of days to calm down from how the whole series played out with portland, we automatically started thinking about ways to improve the team next year. With that being said, I think this is the trade that needs to be done ASAP. I feel like we can find a decent small foward in free agency to replace parsons. Dont get me wrong, I absolutely think parsons showed his worth to the team this year, but i feel we desperately need to upgrade the pg position and thats where rondo comes in. I feel he would be the missing link to us reaching our full potential. I know rondo's personality might clash with howard or harden or both but its almost worth giving it a shot. This trade benefits both parties in my opinion what do you guys think?

16. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I DO NOT want to BARE with you

17. Moleb

Moleb Member

I'd think it over, but i'd weight in extra options first. It would be better to give up a pg in this trade though.

Also, at least this thread is better than the poll threads talking about the economy collapsing in Houston if Lin left the Rockets.

18. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Thank you for contributing, and congrats on your first thread. But there is a thread for random trade ideas. Otherwise we would have 20,000 threads of people like you floating random ideas. That said, for me anyone who gets Chandler AND Asik AND a Pick would have to take Lin's contract in return.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Seconded

JJ