1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Get rid of Garcia if you can.

2. munco

munco Member

Harden/Lin backcourt is not working. One of them has to go and it's not going to be Harden. Asik, Lin, D-Mo have all been discussed in trades and two of those guys have even asked to be traded. Those three guys should land us someone or several good players

3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

IF we cant get Hawes, Turner, Dunlevy, or Milsap.

I would consider

Houston In:Marion,Harris, 1st round pick (top 8 protected)

Dallas In: Asik,Gracia,and Brewer

Dallas does it because they have wanted Asik for a long time, and it gets rid of their horrible interior Defense, also while adding a some what similar player to Marion in Garcia.

The Rockets do it because, they gain Marion, who is a good wing and perimeter defender and rebounder, and can hit the 3 for you as well. And this years 1st round pick, which im sure will be out the top 8, but still within the lottery or just outside of it + Marion, and Harris expire after this year anyways, so thats a plus as well, Almost $10million off the books.

A down side would be that you are trading one of the best defensive centers in the NBA within your division, and to a team whom you hate oh so very much lol

4. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I like getting the pick, but there is no way Morey would ever deal asik to Dallas, unless he would somehow get Dirk back.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Asik and Dirk front court would be beastly. No way Morey does that.

6. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Trade Harden for Eric Gordon who does not command the ball as much, and he is a very good, if not the best, current catch and shooter. Throwing in Ryan Anderson at 4, Houston will have Howard, Lin, Parsons, Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon as starting line up. A dominate center and a very good distributor, plus 3 very good shooters. That would be a Championship line up.

Don't get me wrong, Harden is a very good guard, but he marginalizes the PG position. In my view, Lin + Eric Gordon > Harden + just another PG.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Just curious. Looking back now that our record is decent, and asik has contributed nothing, and lee has been playing alright; would you guys have reconsidered the lee + bass for asik trade had lee not been traded?
    I hated the trade when I first heard about it but I think I was wrong. Asik isn't gonna net us much now, lord knows how serious his injury is, and I know we'd be surrendering cap space but I think it would be worth it.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lee would have struggled here with limited minutes as a backup SG.
    I wasn't all that keen on Bass either, even though he is a pretty good PF.
    Let's hope for continued progress from TJ and D-Mo.

I believe we need a 2/3 who can back up Parsons and Harden more than anyone else right now. Another backup C would be helpful too.
    Unfortunately none of this is likely with Asik's situation.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

With Garcia out I think lee would have gotten decent minutes.

10. saleem

Harden would still get at least 30 minutes at the 2, and Lee might have struggled at the 3 because of his height.

11. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I think the most likely thing is us getting Jeff Green for Asik right now. I would much rather have Hawes and Turner from the 76ers though! Just cause we do need that backup center when we play teams like the Clippers, the Grizzlies, and the Thunder.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.

13. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Toronto out: Kyle Lowry, Steve Novak, Grievus Vazquez, Tyler Hansbrough
    Toronto in: Jeremy Lin, Harrison Barnes, Donatas Motiejunas, 2 second round picks

Golden State out: David Lee, Harrison Barnes, Ezeli
    Golden State in: Omer Asik, Vazquez, Steve Novak, Tyler Hansbrough

Houston out: Jeremy lin, Omer Asik, Donatas Motienunas, 2 2nd round picks
    Houston in: David Lee, Kyle Lowry, Ezeli

14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

If im GS i not trading Lee unless I get Jones and Asik

15. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Why not. You need defense. Bogut rarely plays more Than 30 minutes a night.
    You'll have a top 5 defense with a rotation of asik and bogut and Hansbrough. You have two very, VERY elite shooters in curry and Thompson.

Not only that but you finally get a player to take the ball away from turnover Curry in Vazquez. They have better situational lineups now. The only problem now will be interior scoring.

When playing small:
    Vasquez,Curry,Thompson,Igoudala,Hansbrough

Playing to get a shot off:
    Curry, Thompson, Igoudala, Novak, Bogut

yeah I know golden state gets a bit of the short stick on this one. Maybe a pick out something

16. Play07

Play07 Member

He could start next to harden to me honest or take Garcia mins either one. He's an upgrade on D over never because of his size on switches, he can handle the ball just as good as bev if not better and is better shooter.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

^^ he would also be a better post entry passer because of his height. Harden is the pg so with how they want to use Lin off the bench a solid SG like lee would be great to play next to him

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just saw the report that Bosh will probably leave Miami this offseason. I wonder if Morey will try to sign & trade for him? It seems that Asik would be a nice consolation prize for Miami, and that Bosh could play a bigger role in the offense here than he does with the Heat, while still contending for championships.

19. saleem

What you say makes sense. I do feel that Harden should not be the PG, he should share the ball handling alongside Lin. This will take extra pressure from Harden, and make him more effective.

20. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

GS would never do that. DLee is an all star and their best low post scorer. You can't play Bogut and Asik together so they would be left with a hole at the 4.