1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Either one of D-Mo or Jones would need to be involved in the trade as well to make salaries work.

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

The only way that the Blazers would trade Aldridge is if they are not competing for a playoff spot through the first half of this season. If that happens, they might (MIGHT) look to move Aldridge and rebuild their team for the future around Lillard (23 years old), McCollum (21 years old), Batum (24 years old) and trying to develop Thomas Robinson (22 years old). They would look to move Aldridge for draft picks and young assets.

Asik is only one year younger than Aldrigde, so I'm not sure if he would be exciting for Portland to try to rebuild. We have almost all of our draft picks, but really the only good young assets that teams are going to covet would be Parsons and Beverley, but our problem is that both of those guys would be redundant for Portland since they have Lillard and Batum already.

3. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

dude chill, im just kidding. none of these trades are gonna happen anyway

4. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

I just had a thought i know OKC wont do this trade but a person can dream right.

Rockets IN: Durant + Perry Jones
    Rockets out: Lin, Asik, Parsons, Donuts + 2 future 1st rounders (since they like to get draft picks)

Okc IN: Lin, Asik, Parsons, Donuts + 2 future 1st rounders (since they like to get draft picks)
    Okc out: Durant + Perry Jones

or Roc can do trade just for Durant and still give away all of these players + picks. it would be a great line up but our bench would take a hit.

Beverley
    Harden
    Durant
    TJ
    Howard

5. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Yeah, nothing in here will likely ever come close, but this is one I would like:

Rockets OUT: Lin, D-Mo, 2015 1st round pick
    Rockets IN: Ilyasova, CJ McCollum

Bucks OUT: Ilyasova, 2014/15 2nd round pick
    Bucks IN: Jeremy Lin, 2015 1st round pick

Blazers OUT: Allen Crabbe, Min salary player to fit cap swap
    Blazers IN: D-Mo, 2014/15 2nd round pick

Bucks have 3 extra 2nd round picks over 2014 and 2015, so they swap one for a future first. Blazers can go with Lilliard and Mo Williams at PG and Matthews and McCollum at SG. Rockets get a SG who can really stroke to replace Lin, but hold onto Asik, while adding a perfect complimentary PF next to Dwight. Puts a lot on Beverly, but I think it would be fine with how ball dominant Harden is anyway. Crabbe can really stroke it and if he commits to D, he could be a difference maker on that side as well. And he was basically a 1st rounder this year, but with a better contract at 3 years and $885k.

6. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

assuming you could fit it within the cap

Rockets: Trade Asik, Parsons and picks, get Aldridge and Deng

Howard
    Aldridge
    Deng
    Harden
    Lin
    ----best lineup in NBA no doubt, that's 4 allstars + linsanity

Bulls: Trade Noah and Deng, get Parsons and Asik

Blazers: Trade Aldridge, get Noah and picks

7. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

For the last time, PORTLAND IS NOT TRADING CJ MCCOLLUM! If any Blazer is being traded, it is Matthews because they drafted CJ to start (eventually) next to Lillard.

8. BrandonD27

BrandonD27 Member

I believe he meant to have Rockets In: Allen Crabbe instead of CJ McCollum. Looks like a typo. And I like Allen Crabbe's potential, so good deal if Milwaukee and Portland are amenable...

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Bulls say LOL

10. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

Meh, the bulls will be able to rid deng's contract then clear boozer next year to make a run at a max level player. it really makes a lot of sense for them.

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Why would the bulls pull this off? Money, rose sucks after his coming?

I think the only logical reasoning for this trade would be wanting to avoide the tax, but even then it's stupid, for one they would have to pay parsons 8-12mill, and then they would have to pay asik 15mill cash (cap 8.3)

They would have allready amnestied big booz if they were strapped for cash

12. fattz

fattz Member

13. rogower

rogower Member

The Bulls are going for it this year; thus, they are keeping Luol Deng.

You guys need to try to look at proposed deals from both sides, not just from your Rockets fan dream world perspective. Portland is trying to trade for a C (Asik?) so they can make the playoffs; thus, they aren't trading Aldridge. The Timberwolves are trying to make the playoffs and also trying to keep Kevin Love happy, as evidenced by the Nikola Petrovic overpay; thus, they aren't trading Love.

Focus on players on teams that are in rebuilding mode, like Philly. Now Thaddeus Young, THERE'S a player who is obtainable right there. A three-way where Asik goes to Portland, Young goes to Houston, and picks/prospects/expiring contracts go to Philly, that is a logical trade.

14. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

The deal that chicago turned down was noah, jimmy butler, and pick for aldridge.

Aldridge is 100% on the block. The blazers aren't in win now mode. They are looking for "assets".

The Bulls, you are correct, are in win now mode. But win now as in, if Rose comes back to form, however swapping deng for parsons is almost a scratch as parsons is younger, better contract, and essentially a higher ceiling than deng (which is saying a lot). After they shed boozer, they would have Asik (noah's contract minus asik is another 4 mil in cap savings), Taj Gibson possibly (or they could also swap him), parsons, jimmy butler, and rose with cap space to work considering deng and boozer make up 29 million. Essentially the bulls are lacking a difference-making PF and this trade could open the door for love or hell they might win the aldridge sweepstakes anyway.

for the rockets, obviously asik is out of the picture. deng's contract is done after next year so you have room to keep aldridge and fill in the 3 or trade lin to fill in the point. either way, it still gives the rockets the flexability they had with/without parsons.

...morey, i know you see this

15. Voice of Aus

Here's a unqiue question.

What do you think other nba fan team forums are proposing for asik?

by guess would be that teams like the blazers would be acquiring asik for someone like wes matthews and we would have to throw in picks

its a fun argument because it shows that supporters overrate their own players..

16. Voice of Aus

heres the blazers faithful debating on their take on Asik
    http://www.clubblazers.com/blazers-discussion/omer-asik-t4741.html

17. rogower

rogower Member

Well, considering that Joakim Noah alone is a better all around basketball player than Lamarcus Aldridge, of course the Bulls turned that down, if it was even offered. Just because a team is willing to accept the moon and the stars for a guy doesn't mean the team is especially motivated to trade him. Everything is available for the right price.

I don't get Rockets fans' obsession with Aldridge. Advanced stats don't love the guy and Portland overvalues him. Daryl Morey likes to exploit inefficiencies, which is a pleasant way of saying that he likes to rip people off. Portland's asking price for Aldridge is going to be outrageous.

I continue to believe that Portland's preference is to package Robin Lopez's expiring contract with a first round pick and, if necessary, some filler in exchange for a good starting C. And I continue to look at Omer Asik as the most obvious C that they're targeting. And I continue to believe that the package that Houston can extract from Portland for Asik can and will be easily flipped for a huge upgrade at PF. Presumably either Ersan Ilyasova, Thaddeus Young, or Ryan Anderson. Probably either Ilyasova or Young.

What I'd love to see is a three-way that ships out Asik, Jeremy Lin, and Terrence Jones and sends back (to Houston) Ilyasova, Henson, and a first round pick. Ilyasova renders Jones expendable, Henson gives you a cost-controlled replacement backup C, and you maybe use the draft pick to upgrade at PG at the trade deadline (Steve Nash?).

18. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

I hope people realize by now that Evan Turner is terrible. if there's a guy you'd want from the Sixers it's Thaddeus Young.

Here's a trade that the other team actually strongly consider, instead of the many random Lin + Asik for Lebron pipe dreams here.

Asik + Jones for

Jason Thompson , Chuck Hayes, top 10 protected first.

Why the Rockets should do it : because Jason Thompson is a very underrated PF who fits into what they want to do, and is already mature enough that there's little worry of adjustment / development time. and you get Hayes to fill in the backup C role while a future asset that's probably a solid mid first round pick.

Why the Kings should do it : because Omer Asik gives them an actual defender, so they can slide Cousins to the 4. and you can concievably get away with playing Jones at the 3 which they desperately need any living body to do let alone one that might actually be good.

19. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Post December 15th (?)

DEN out: McGee, W.Chandler, Randolph, 2014 1st, 2015 1st
    DEN in: Horford
    - Horford is a great PF in a half-court system, or a great C in an uptempo squad. He gives DEN a legit all-star big to play next to Faried, and a great fit.

NO out: Gordon, 2015 1st
    NO in: Asik, W.Chandler
    - NO makes out well here, as Gordon is such an injury risk that I'm not sure how much he's worth anymore. Their roster becomes much more balanced, with a Holiday-Evans-Chandler-Davis-Asik lineup.

ATL out: Horford, Millsap, L.Williams
    ATL in: Gordon, McGee, Motiejunas, 4 future 1sts
    - ATL realizes midway that they're not going anywhere with this group and guts the team. In return they get a ton of picks, talent up front, and Gordon (who's a risk but could be a 20ppg guy which they've missed on the perimeter since JJ left).

HOU out: Asik, Motiejunas, 2014 1st
    HOU in: Millsap, L.Williams
    - This would be a big-time move for us, giving us the needed 6th man and a legit PF.

Dwight - G.Smith - Camby
    Millsap - T.Jones
    Parsons - Garcia - Casspi
    Harden - L.Williams - Williams
    Lin - Beverley - Brooks - Canaan

20. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

I'm willing to bet money that, barring injury, Atlanta will easily be back in the playoffs again. and it would be NO and Denver that's looking for the blowing up moves. granted, with Eric Gordon Nola basically has no such options,