1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. allaroundplayer

Boston has the 5th worst record in the NBA. I'm sure they want to try to pick 1-3 & they do have some young players to build upon.

Actually, the Suns front court is pretty good. I don't think they want Asik. It will be hard for them to improve their 3 & 4 positions & they have a vacancy at guard.

2. allaroundplayer

No way will the Suns include Dragic in a trade for Rondo.

3. Play07

Play07 Member

Yeah like you said suns front court is good, If they trade rondo I think it will be

Celtics in: asik,Lin,dmo, 2014 1st pick
    Houston in: rondo, bass

or

Celtics in: asik, Lin, 2014 1st pick
    Houston in: rondo, bass

4. Normalus

Normalus Member

There is 1% of a chance it will be only two-team deal.

5. allaroundplayer

I think it will be:

to PHX: Rondo
    to Boston: Okafor, Pacers 2014 first round pick, Wizards 2014 first round pick (they should make the playoffs so Boston should get it), Lakers 2015 first round pick (1-5 protected)

6. fattz

fattz Member

I like both Lawson and Chandler; and both would look really good in Rocket red. Lawson is their franchise player - don't think he is going to happen for us unless Howard or Harden are involved. Asik and McGee at the 5? Coach Karl lost his job over McGee's playing time. Lin is a nice fit for the Nuggets though - a combo guard and a over all up grade from Foye / Fournier. (Foye / Fournier would fit in here very well - long ball shooter with a high %age.) I like Chandler game more than Parsons and would wind up saving money (cap space) over time. DMo has so much promise - it not going to happen here though.

IF the Nuggets say yes then I do, too. :)

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I say 99% chance it is a 3 team deal.:grin:

8. Play07

Play07 Member

9. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Rockets In: Kyle Lowry (6.2 mil), Chuck Hayes (5.7 mil), Dwight Buycks (0.7 mil), Julyan Stone (0.8 mil)

Raptors In: Jeremy Lin (8.3 mil), D Mo (1.4 mil), Garcia (1.25 mil), Ronnie Brewer (1.2 mil) 2015 2nd

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

Ainge won't want players that can help now if the's dealing Rondo. They'd be going all in tanking for the draft.

Likely Bledsoe & picks with Okafor's expiring contract for Rondo.

11. rogower

rogower Member

Why would Phoenix trade for Rajon Rondo when they already have Eric Bledsoe? And Goran Dragic, for that matter. Meanwhile, Omer Asik is a big upgrade over Miles Plumlee.

Here is my suggestion again:

Omer Asik and filler (Luke Ridnour's expiring contract) to Phoenix;

Jeremy Lin and filler (Dionte Christmas) to Milwaukee;

Donatas Motiejunas, Ekpe Udoh, the rights to Kostas Papanikolaou, and a second round pick (from Houston) to Philadelphia;

Emeka Okafor's expiring contract, two first round picks (one from Phoenix, one from Houston), and a second round pick (from Milwaukee) to Boston;

Rajon Rondo and Spencer Hawes to Houston.

Phoenix gets a big upgrade at C by trading away a lottery-protected first round pick (probably the pick they got for Marvin Gortat) and can now a) really push for a 2014 playoff spot and b) trade one of their two young backup Cs (Plumlee and Alex Lin) in the offseason.

Milwaukee gets a big upgrade at PG and a very marketable player in Lin, and only have to give up their 2014 second round pick (well, and agree to pay Lin's massive 2014-15 salary).

Philly gets some interesting low risk-high reward pieces for a player (Hawes) who they were not even going to try to re-sign this summer, when he will be an unrestricted free agent.

Boston all but cements a spot at the very bottom of the standings, assures themselves of a top five overall pick in this year's draft, and adds three additional draft picks. Look, by the time Boston gets good again, Rondo will be on the wrong side of 30, they need to sell now.

Houston significantly upgrades at PG, acquires an excellent backup PF/C for the stretch run, unload the onerous contracts of Asik and Lin, and give up nothing that is especially valuable. Houston's top seven of Harden-Howard-Rondo-Parsons-Jones-Hawes-Beverley is formidable.

12. Play07

Play07 Member

Bledsoe & okafor

Lin & asik

Will help them win the same really & they already have there eye on asik, Lin is GREAT for the market in Boston, feb.20th won't be enough to turn them around that much if they keep losing now they won't make playoffs everything's going right.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

Bledsoe & Okafor probably won't play again this season.

14. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

Would you trade Giannis Antetokounmpo and a pick for Parsons or would that be a dumb move? The Greek is younger, longer and more athletic. his upside is higher than Chandler but Parsons is such a glue guy would you do it?

15. rogower

rogower Member

Link?

My understanding is that it's not known if/when Bledsoe returns. Re Okafor: who cares?

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Asik, Jones and a pick for Bass and Rondo

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was thinking about a straight up trade between the two, but then I thought the Bucks won't do it.
    I said to myself, let's keep Chandler. Chandler is more than just a glue guy, he will get better with time too.

18. rogower

rogower Member

"The Greek Freak" is easily one of the 15-20 most valuable commodities in the league, and has FAR more value than Chandler Parsons. I don't understand why this isn't common knowledge among NBA fans. I believe that the main reason why NBA fans are so uninformed, so lost in a sea of misinformation, cliches, and conventional wisdom, is lousy mainstream NBA sports journalism.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

And then Lin and DMo for Eric Gordon

20. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

Maybe because he plays in a ****ty/small market team, but the basketballs instincts that he shows at that age are remarkable. I would probably go Parsons and Lin or Parsons and one of our players for "The Greek Freak" but again it could be a collateral move. That Kid will be the 5th option on offense and a top wing defender