1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. jogo

jogo Member

That would be a super trade. I have to think that it is highly unlikely, though. Even though I think those players are on 1 year deals, it would probably take a lot more than Asik to get both of them.

2. Nook

Nook Member

The Sixers would want more than Asik/DMO...

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Turner is a RFA after the season so they aren't just going to give him away. Probably looking for picks first and foremost.

4. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Love to HOU
    Rondo, T. Jones, 1st round pick to MIN
    Rubio, Asik, 2nd round pick to BOS

5. SexyButIgnorant

I'm on the Loveboat.

Hou in:
    Kevin Love
    Hou out:
    Donatas Motejiunas
    Omer Asik
    Aaron Brooks
    Terrence Jones

NO in:
    Omer Asik
    Aaron Brooks
    Shabaaz Muhummad
    NO out:
    Eric Gordon

MIN in:
    Terrence Jones
    Eric Gordon
    Donatas Motejiunas
    Rockets 1st rounder
    Min out:
    Kevin Love
    Shabazz Muhummad

We'd be
    Bev/Lin/Canaan
    Harden/Brewer
    Parsons/Garcia/Covington
    Love/Casspi
    Howard/Smith

Our bench would be trash but nothing that can't be upgraded.

6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I love the Rando arugments, but i think he has to be secondary when it comes to Kevin Love. We HAVE to hold out for Kevin Love until its clear that the Rockets do not stand a chance to get him. But I dont think that will be the case, 2 stars, and with adding him that could make us the best team on paper in the NBA, why wouldnt he want to come here and win?!

7. Raven

Raven Member

Minny is 18-20 and going nowhere. Love will be traded, but maybe not until the offseason. What Minny might do is fire sale everyone else and tank. Love would be furious, but the gamble might pay off if they lucked into a top five pick. If their newly minted rookie showed promise next season, maybe the could talk Love into an extension. Probably not, but they have to try something. But if the do trade Love, I think they could do better than anything we offer unless we give up Assik, future picks and Parsons. That's too much for a player who's probably planning to join the Lakers no matter who he's traded to.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

As much as I would Love to have Love, I think this team would benefit from a point that can put Harden in his place, increase ball movement and kill the ISO Ball until the 4th when it seems to be most effective? Anybody have the stats on that?

9. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

[​IMG]

Houston Out: Omer Asik,Donats Motiejunas,2014 2nd Round Pick(via NY)
    Houston In: Thad Young, Bismack Biyombo

Charlotte Out:MKG,Ramon Sessions, 2014 1st Round Pick(via Pistons Top 8 Protected),2014 1st Round Pick(via Blazers Top 12 Protected)
    Charlotte In: Spencer Hawes,Evan Turner,Donatas Motiejunas

Philly Out: Thad Young,Spencer Hawes,Evan Turner
    Philly In:MKG,Ramon Sessions,Omer Asik, 2014 1st Round Pick(via Pistons Top 8 Protected), 2014 2nd Round Pick(via NY),2014 1st Round Pick(via Blazers Top 12 Protected)

Houston Does It to get a starting PF who rebounds and can work in our style of play,we also get a backup C.

Charlotte does it to get better players,win now,push for the playoffs and also have the chance to re-sign there players to keep there team intact.

Philly does it to rebuild for next year, they get a SF Prospect in MKG, they get two first round picks from CHA, and get a defensive center in Asik who they can flip later once Noel gets back, also get a back up PG and expiring contract in Sessions.

New Lineups for each team.

Houston:
    Bev/Lin/Brooks/Canaan
    Harden/Garcia
    Parsons/Casspi/Brewer
    Young/Jones/Smith
    Howard/Biyombo

Are bench will be better with a rebounding C, Jones and Lin will have to run the second unit.

Charlotte:
    Walker/Pargo
    Henderson/CDR/Gordon
    Turner/Tolliver
    Jefferson/McRoberts/Donatas
    Hawes/Zeller/Hayword

Philly:
    MCW/Sessions
    Anderson/Wroten
    MKG/Thompson
    Allen/Moultiere
    Asik/Noel

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Not sure I understand where you're going with this.

Trade everybody except for Love? Who do they have that's good enough to fetch a top five pick?

With Phoenix looking like a playoff team, you have to figure Minnesota in all likelihood won't end up with a first round draft pick this year. Between that and the fact that Love is locked in for another two seasons after this year, I just don't see the urge to hold a firesale and blow it up just yet.

If, however, they decide to blow it up, you have to figure their best bet is going to be selling Love to the highest bidder and then going from there. Given Love's comments lately regarding his teammates, he's obviously not happy in Minnesota (who could blame him). But dumping everybody else around him is going to signal the next big Dwight-mare/MeloDrama poisonous situation.

11. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Any chance Portland considers trading Matthews?

I was thinking of a Matthews/Lopez for Asik/Garcia/Future Pick type of deal. I like it for us, but not sure Portland goes for that.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think that Portland will want to give up Matthews at all.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Portland's playing so well I don't think they'd give up their ball boy at this time.

14. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

I still think Humphries and a first rounder for Asik

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

Celtics won't give us 1st rounder that could be top5 pick in this draft.

16. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Trade Asik & DMO to 76ers for Hawes & Turner
    We need bench players

17. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

They have a couple of Late first rounders though and we know Morey values draft picks
    Boston probably still has Interest in Asik cause they have no interior Defense at all and Humphries is still a decent big

18. NotChandlerParsons

Doubt it. I'm guessing the best we'd get from them is Lopez/McCollum.

19. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I wouldn't mind that either.

20. rogower

rogower Member

The Celtics are a team that is going to make a big move at the trade deadline. They either trade expiring contracts (e.g., Kris Humphries) and picks for guys like Omer Asik, so they can make the playoffs and continue to be competitive, or they trade away as many of their expensive veterans as possible for as many draft picks and first and second year guys as possible.

Either way, the Rockets are a logical trading partner. Either Boston is one of the main players for Omer Asik or Houston is one of the main players for Rajon Rondo.