1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Agreed. We still have Greg Smith who can kind of play C. So if Camby gets hurt we'd be okay.. I agree with your assessment of "is it really worth paying Z-Bo to have that kind of role?" I think that is a very good point...

2. Sanity2disChaos

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I think Ilyasova could get Milwaukee more. Legit stretch 4s who don't suck at everything else have high trade value.

Overall, an interesting idea, but someone has to give more to Milwaukee. Maybe Memphis, or maybe all 3 teams chip in.

4. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Picks from Memphis and New Orleans?

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

6. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

They'd have 3 centers being paid quality money. Pek wants over $12M.. Spencer Hawes gets paid about $6M... Nerlens will get paid $3M to $4M.. sooooo not sure this works out all that well.. interesting idea nonetheless.. mainly because it lands us K-Love lol

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

8. Sanity2disChaos

Houston:

Beverley
    Harden
    Parsons
    Love
    Howard

No need to explain....!

Minnesota:

Rubio
    Martin
    Evans
    Williams
    Asik

This is a very you, athletic , run and gun unit that will be held down by defensive monster. Rubio can't run with love like he could with Williams, add point forward Evans and sharp shooting Martin comming off down screens.....smh....!!They would be the new lob city, fun to watch, could score easily in transition and sets ran for Martin, could sneak into the playoffs!

Philly:

Lin/Carter-Williams
    Richardson/Carter-Williams
    Young
    Noels/Young
    Pek

This team needs a anchor in the middle and Noel is not ready nor is he offensively skilled enough to play a significant role at that position. I think Pek is the perfect compliment to Noel game. He is a offensive big that plays serviceable defense. Lin is insurance and to help bring along CW, who I think will eventually be a combo guard. CW has skil but needs a season or two under his belt before taking over.Young is quietly one of the best forwards in the game.

But good trade for all IMO

9. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

10. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Toronto isn't going to trade away Val. He's the guy they're pinning their future hopes on developing.

And Fields was signed after the new CBA went into effect. That means they're not allowed to amnesty him. You're only allowed to amnesty contracts acquired prior to the new CBA.

11. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

We would have to throw in a pick and tjo/dmo/smith at the very least to Minnesota but I love that core for a trade.

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

I was replying to a poster who posted a JV for Asik trade a few pages ago. And I forgot that Fields was under the new CBA.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

To be completed on or after December 15th 2013.

To the Atlanta Hawks:

Omer Asik
    T. "Homeless Stomper" Jones

To the Rockets:

Paul Millsap
    Lucas Nogueira

I don't know if we really need a third All Star, if we have the perfect compliment power forward. Nogueira is probably still overseas; maybe he could be brought over to backup Dwight and Camby, and take more minutes in 2014-5. Or Greg Smith can get those 7 mpg until Nogueira is ready..

Horford can play more minutes at the 4, as he would like. Atlanta was hot over adding Omer, but we turned down (rightfully) an Omer-Parsons for Josh Smith deal at the trade deadline.

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Since people want a stretch four....

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l7kh79n

We trade Lin, Asik, and T Jones

for....

Dragic, Beasley, and Frye.

Frye has surprisingly not been mentioned at all (that I have seen anyway) and was a beast a couple years ago with Nash from 3 pt land. Beasley has crazy potential if he would stop smoking weed (atleast he doesnt stomp on homeless people) and Dragic shoots better than Lin (for now). You give Phoenix a jump start on their rebuild since they'll have Gortat, Asik, and Len. They can trade one or two of those guys for picks or a position of need. we get better overall.

15. basketballholic

Frye has an injury that is potentially career-ending.

16. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I think you'd have to take Noguera out of the deal to make this work. Omer is about at it less value than Millsap, an then I probably wouldn't equate Jones and Noguera at this point just because of the potential that comes along with a young foreigner like Noguera. It'd take more to push this through, but I love the idea. Millsap was my first choice at PF to put with Dwight if we got him. He and Thad Young would be awesome fits imo.

17. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

No, good trade for Houston and bad for everyone else... Minnesota is not going to give away their franchise player for two okay starters..

and you do realize the Sixers are tanking?

18. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

this is a terrible trade.. you are giving away 3 serviceable assets for one who is arguably not even better than the PG he's replacing.

19. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

Now this is more like it. Millsap is a guy I think the Rockets could target in 2015 FA but a trade here would just speed up the process

and even though he's more valuable than Asik, it has to be tempting for ATL to finally get a true C to play along Horford as you mentioned.

20. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

Millsap is one of the most reasonable target. but i think it'll be Asik+DMo for Misssap.

another possible target is Spancer Hawes from Philly. who can back up DH12 or even play some twin towers. Hawes has range out to 3pt. line and passes the ball extremely well.