1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

This has probably been discussed in this thread already, but what about a guy like Mike Conley? He's a young player that can grow with Harden, Dwight and Parsons and is on a very friendly contract. Yes, he gets paid 9million a year until the 2015-2016 season, but he is exceptionally well at play making and scoring. Oh, and he can defend^^^ He can really handle the ball and make it easier for Harden and Dwight. Our core would be Conley/Harden/Parsons/Dwight.

We have to realize, we can't have a home run at every position. The power forward position will remain the weak spot, and will probably change a lot. But that is a sacrifice I am willing to take to solidify our backcourt.

So, what would it take to nab Conley from Memphis? Lin would have to be included in the deal obviously, but would he got to Memphis or maybe a 3rd(possibly 4th??) team would want Lin. Maybe Memphis would want to rebuild in a different way by taking young players on good contracts(Dmo/Jones/Smith) and then draft picks and cap space.

I could see a three team trade like this happening(although it won't)

Houston Trades: Jeremy Lin, Dmo, Two 2nd round draft picks
    Houston Gets: Mike Conley

Memphis Trades: Mike Conley
    Memphis gets: Dmo, Kyle Lowry (expiring) Two 2nd round draft picks via Rockets, protected 2015 draft pick from Toronto

Toronto trades: Kyle Lowry, protected 2015 draft pick
    Toronto gets: Jeremy Lin

If each player keeps up their playing this could be a trade deadline trade so it won't effect toronto's tanking.

-----
    this trade also has nothing to do with Asik so that could be a good thing! Asik could be traded for a starting caliber power forward to put Jones back on the bench. Haha, Idk. I'm just having fun with this :)

2. SirKen

SirKen Member

You know that Raptors with Lin might accidentally make it to the playoffs, right?

I mean I love Lowry and I think he is better than Lin in some things but I think Raptors would benefit more from Lin than Lowry because of the style of basketball they play.

Also, I am not entirely confident about Conley making us better. Sure he is a proven guard but we have other fundamental issues that need addressing.

3. basketballholic

Memphis is not interested in trading Mike Conley right now.

4. htown1984

htown1984 Member

We need more scoring threats. How about
    Jason terry? Think he's hurt but he can probably
    Be had on the cheap

5. yummyhawtsauce

Brook Lopez out for season with broken foot. Maybe they willl be interested in Asik now?

6. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Yes we need to get Jason terry from them
    This guy can shoot lights out

7. yummyhawtsauce

The raptors now have a nice team without rudy gay clogging up the shots. the ball is shared more. lol kind of funny that their team improved. what does this say about gay? didnt memphis also improve without gay too when he was traded...

8. davestrate

davestrate Member

No former Mavs for me...Not even Dirk

9. SirKen

SirKen Member

Him and Bargnani.

I might actually start watching Raptors' games now.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Asik for KG+Terry.

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

Trade Lin+Asik+DMo for star PG and sign Nowitzki. Will rock next year!

12. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

With brook Lopez out for the season, the nets need a center

Asik, Dmo, Canaan, and Covington for AK47, Plumlee, tyshawn Taylor, and teletovic

Nets get a starting caliber center and the rockets get a wing defender in AK47 and some young big men

13. Normalus

Normalus Member

you must be Nets fan, and AK47 is not goin anywhere since owner is russian (the only reason AK47 signed with team)

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha, some folks just looking at the names. (For those also in the Lopez thread)

Kevin Garnett, yeah, he's good! (Never mind that he's nearly averaging career lows across the board).

Jason Terry! (Never mind he's hurt and has only played in 11 games. See (above): Garnett, Kevin & career lows)

Andre Kirilenko! He's good, right?! (Nevermind he's also hurt and has only played in 4 games.)

There is nothing on the Nets that you want.

15. monk92

monk92 Member

Honestly, with the nets season going the way it is we might be able to get Deron Williams. Asik, Lin, and D-Mo for D-will and Blatche would work and then we would have our third star. It doesn't sound like a morey move though, because D-will is on 18 mil a year for 4 years, but we'd prob be able to get the same package offered by Sacramento for Rondo around the draft if we wanted.

16. conquistador#11

unprotected picks for the next three years, of course we will make them an offer worth their while like covington and brooks. :p

17. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I think they traded away all their picks for the next (century)...

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Blatche plumlee or Evans any one or any two of those three I would be ok with no pierce no kg no Johnson for sure maybe d-will but don't know

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Deron Williams, not worth that contract.

You worry about those ankles like you do Steph Curry's. (Maybe only slightly exaggerated but not by much.)

#2319 J.R., Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  20. torocan

torocan Member

There may be some 3-team trade options from the Nets. They do have their 2020 pick, though that's obviously really, really far out.

I think it depends on whether Prokhorov decides he wants to blow it up or not.