1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Just shed Kevin Martin for a late first imo

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

why would you do a complete makeover by trading your only consistent great character all around All Star. Who's young and underpaid. You aren't going to get anything better for that cap space.

In fact, they would probably be less likely to get that high level free agent to come at all, if they had Terrence Jones and Marcus Morris instead of Al Horford.

They will be rebuilding around Horford, not instead of him. If someone offers Chris Paul for Horford, then sure. But not a deal like that.

Even if you offered all young pieces on rookie contracts on the Rockets roster, it still wouldn't make sense for the Hawks right now.

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

and then we could turn Kanter and the Raptors pick into LeBron, the Heat need frontcourt depth.

1 person likes this.
  4. BayAreaBaller

BayAreaBaller Member

Actually, I don't disagree. You're probably right. I was just trying to look for something realistic that works. It really depends on how much they value Horford, who they haven't used properly, IMO. But if you throw in the Raptors guaranteed lotto pick as part of the deal, I do think Atlanta would be more likely to do the deal.

5. fattz

fattz Member

Alec Burks is a nice player... Do you think he is an all-star in the making? I see him as a young soild rotation player that plays both ends of the court. (as I typed this line I see his value & your point). With Kevin Martin's tour up as a Rocket; maybe Burks is to high of a goal.

Plus, maybe I am to high on Greg Smith and our picks... To me G. Smith has excellent upside and the potential to become a fixture in someone's rotation. Physically, he has all the tools to be an inside force in the future; while on a league minny for the next three years. I just see value here. (but not Burks value)

Thanks for checking my work; and you right.
    -Fattz

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Possible 3 way with the Bobcats, and Grizzlies for more picks that have low protection later on. Getting stuck with Tyrus Thomas' contract sucks, but the picks have potential to be really good later on. Both are unprotected in 2016 and (Detroit's is top-1 protected in 2015).

We trade Martin, Patterson, Morris, future 2nd rders
    Get- Tyrus Thomas, Diop (exp. contract), Portland's pick (Bobcats), Detroit's pick (Bobcats)

Grizzlies trade- Gay
    Get- Martin (exp. contract), Morris, future 2nd ers

Bobcats trade- Thomas, Diop, Detroit and Portland picks
    Get- Gay, Patterson

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i was replying more to that trade overall, not just the Burks part.
    I should've quoted the other guy's post probably, not yours, but your post was more compact. :)

I like Burks, he's worth more than say Dallas pick, but if you give unprotected Rockets lottery pick (or Toronto pick), it would be fair if not too much.
    Greg Smith has no meaningful trade value, obviously.

But Kanter for Rockets scraps is just ridiculous.

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

How can we let the random trade thread fall off the 1st page with our current roster?

[​IMG]

Orlando does it because based on the DH12 trade they like low 1st round picks, want to free up money and love PFs as much as Morey.

Utah does it because they badly need a SG and to unload Bell who refused a buyout making his return a very awkward situation.

Houston does it because they need to move Martin and clean out the roster. Kanter will fit in nicely next to his blue brothers and he and Davis will make a good backups Asik. More importantly to me, it will allow our PFs to play PF. Our rookies are goint to make some mistakes and having a good C on the court allows us to keep moral up which is important in rookie growth. I hope Asik does well but I have a feeling that between the rookies and him getting more minutes, he'll be limited by fouls. It gives the rookies some time to adjust. By the time the trade deadline comes around, we should be ready to adjust the roster if needed.

Asik/Kanter/(Davis)
    Davis/DMo/Jones/Patterson/White
    Parsons/Morris
    Lamb/Bell
    Lin/Douglas/Livingston

9. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

Rockets

Trade Martin, Morris
    Get Evans

Hawks

Trade Devin Harris, 1st Round Pick
    Get Kevin Martin

Kings

Trade Evans
    Get, Devin Harris, Morris, !st Round Pick

We get Tyreke, who I think would gel well with our team and is versatile enough to start at SG or SF depending on how ready Lamb is. Hawks get cap space and Kings get picks, Harris because Tyreke has pretty much burned a lot of bridges over there.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Tyreke has burned bridges in Sacramento? pics or it didn't happen.

How do the Hawks get cap space by doing this deal?

11. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

JSmoove yes(would be a steal to be honest). Monta Ellis no. Monta Ellis is garbage. Overrated offensively and plays no defense.

12. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

martin expires...

13. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

so does Devin Harris, and he's getting even less this year. so why are they giving a 1st?

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

And what would Devin Harris have done?

(hint: expire)

17. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

Its just a suggestion, mixup the picks and contracts however you want...just throwing names, teams out there

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i agree in general, Evans would be a nice (and probably underrated at this point) target. But i don't see any deal that makes sense for both.
    They might consider something like Lin for Tyreke, with them also dropping bad salary like Salmons.

19. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Morris/Martin

for

Ridnour/Williams/Lee

Why do we do this?
    Get a legit back-up point on good deal, plus potential in Williams and throw in Lee isn't bad.

Why they do it?
    Ridnour is redundant there, Aldeman hates Williams/has huge boner for Martin.

Our line-up
    Lin/Ridnour/Douglas
    Lamb/Livingston (can play sg)
    Parsons/Williams
    Patterson/Jones/White
    Asik/D-Mo

BOOM.

Their squad
    Rubio/Barea/Shved
    Martin/Roy
    Kirilenko/Bud/Morris
    Love/Cunningham
    Pekovic/Steisma

BOOM.

20. ejarts

ejarts Member

We should get Tyreke Evans. He's a potential allstar but not with the Kings. I remember his rookie season. Scores on will and overall badass. He could be our SG/PG. while lamb develops more and take off minutes from Lin til Lin gets acclimated for full season. he's been playing sht cause really, kings suck as an organization. he needs a new start. we need big guards to keep up with OKC and Miami.

also, Andre blatche. we need another center to backup Asik. sucks camby had to go.

TYREKE EVANS
    ANDRE BLATCHE