1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

More importantly i don't really want Rondo around, in fact he's the worst kind of pg you want for this team. He's a good defender and playmaker, but honestly we don't need any of his skills except defense, and I don't want to pay a star pg his salary just because of D. If we want D then play Harden at pg, put Parsons at SG, Garcia at SF, Howard and Asik at C and PF. We'd win 46-32 every time.

Green's a tweener, why should we get him when Francisco Garcia and Parsons can already play both forward spots? He's yet another guy who won't improve the squad.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Carrying this to over here.

You were really doing that trade to reacquire James Anderson, weren't you? That was the real reason for doing it, wasn't it? :p

In all seriousness,

Starting PG, starting SF, (previously-)starting C, PF prospect 1, PF prospect 2, for LaMarcus Aldridge (with all due respect to Crabbe and Anderson. Richardson is out after undergoing surgery.)

Blazers get an okay haul for Aldridge with Omer Asik, Chandler Parsons, Thaddeus Young and Spencer Hawes.

Sixers get Jeremy Lin, Wes Matthews and two power forward prospects for Thaddeus Young and Spencer Hawes. Not sure the Sixers have a need or want for Lin but that aside, it's not terrible for them.

3. jahunter2013

jahunter2013 Member

Guess I just really want Aldridge bad

4. fattz

fattz Member

Asik and Lin will BOTH play over their pay for the next couple of season so keep them both...

-Let Asik and Howard play together 5 to 10 minutes a game. (just let the hottest line up finish the game)
    -so we need to move a power forward Jones, Smith or D-Mo
    Jones best over all
    Smith best contract
    D-Mo most potential
    - 2 out of the 3 are odd man out
    -Harden needs a back up or player that can play off of him while he runs the point
    -Denver just took someone from our front office personal so there is a tie
    -Denver has a lot of wings player now

SO

Donatas Motiejunas
    ..for...
    Evan Fournier
    (their pay is the same)

5. rockets018

rockets018 Member

If Lin is moved, would anybody be in favor of signing Delonte West for the min? I am leaning towards no, but would like to get CF opinion on it.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

HELL NO.

7. rockets018

rockets018 Member

LOL. vote YES 0 NO 2. Polls closed.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Parsons/Motiejunas/Lin/Greek Guy

for

Greg Monroe/Charlie V

Buy out Villanueva.

Asik/Smith/2nd Rounders

for

Wes Mathews/Meyers Leonard.

Sign Camby/Miller

Beverley/Brooks/Canaan

Harden/Williams/Miller

Mathews/Miller/Williams

Monroe/Jones/Camby

Dwight/Leonard/Monroe/Camby

Benchwarmer/depth: Covington/Casspi/Young

Reap championships.

9. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Parsons, Lin & Asik will have greater win impact on the existing roster than that line-up.

10. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

That's a lot of maneuvering to basically just upgrade our 4 spot to Monroe.. A guy who would arguably clog the lane with Dwight.

I'd also rather have Parsons at the SF than paying 7mil to We Mathews playing out of position.

Plus they say Monroe is about to want a max extension... I'm not sure if he's our answer for that money. I'm still in favor of finding a 4 with a bit more range. If we can't do that, then keep what we've got and see how we are at the trade deadline.

11. basketballholic

You shouldn't put Parsons in your trade proposals. That's an automatic no-go right now. He won't be traded this coming season.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He's good but he isn't the end-all be-all. He has the All Star tag but why does everyone want to flush Chandler Parsons along with Asik along with Lin to get him and a bunch of dreck?

Chandler Parsons isn't going anywhere.

13. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

It's all Morey's fault. After a few years of wheeling and dealing, he turned averyone into an trade-aholic in the offseason.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't see the Jeff Green love. I don't see the Celtics that much, but I've never thought of Green as a very good starter or a good starter. He is vastly overpaid and has a player's option that he will most likely exercise. I don't think of Lin as a very good starter (he still has potential but each year even that gets smaller) and I think of Lin as a much better player than Green. Green has to be considered a bad contract Boston is trying to get off the books.

I expect Motiejunas will be a much better player than Green this year as well. I have a very low opinion of Green. I think his three years at about 9 million each year is way too toxic for the Rockets. This move would destroy Rockets max cap space in 2015.

I'm not a big fan of Rondo either as I don't think he fits the Rockets. If Rockets did do a trade involving Rondo, I think it would be to send him somewhere else.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I feels you.

I think people are so accustomed to Morey's wheeling and dealing that they've turned off the common sense thing.

Morey got what he want. Two All Stars. Except for some roster balance, perhaps, we're okay.

Parsons is integral to the team now. He's only gonna be a third year player. If he takes another step forward, he'll be really good, kind of our "Manu" 3rd-player.

Now, if some opt-out All Stars look Houston's way next summer (LeBron), then of course I could see Parsons in another uniform.

But if Morey wants, say, LMA, then let's find a way to get him with Asik and one of Jones or Dmo. Maybe Lin.

But Parsons? I can think of an instance where Morey was gonna include him in a trade, supposedly, in order to draft Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. (Thank God THAT didn't happen.)

Since then, Morey has rebuffed trade overtures involving our own Justin Timberlake.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I do think this is going to slow down a lot. I think Rockets are very close to having their nucleus for the next 4 years. Once that happens, Morey will most likely only be making small moves with the end of the roster.

17. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mw9age9

Rockets in: Lamarcus Aldridge & Chuck Hayes

Blazers in: Ryan Anderson, Jimmer Fredette, D-Mo, 1st round pick via Houston, 2nd round pick via Houston

Hornet in: Omer Asik, Terrance Jones

Kings in: Jeremy Lin

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Posted this in another thread but wanted to carry it over here since I haven't seen it suggested yet-

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jw43edr

Portland Out- Aldridge
    Portland In- E. Gordon

Pelicans Out- Gordon
    Pelicans In- Asik

Houston In- Aldridge
    Houston Out- Asik

*might need some other smaller pieces to be thrown in as well. Maybe Will Barton going back to the Pelicans as well.

*Of course, draft pick considerations need to be taken into account here as well. Since Portland is probably taking the most risk here, I'd assume they would want at least one really good 1st rounder probably coming from Houston.

19. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

1. Blazers have Mathew already. They need a center more than a SG.
    2. After the nighmarish experience with Roy, Blazers will be reluctant trading LMA for an injury prone Gordon.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Totally agree.

It's not that Parsons "in theory" is untouchable, but its obvious he is pretty entrenched with the new "Howard-centric" Rockets and that Parsons won't be moved any time soon.

Howard/Harden/Parsons are clearly the core. Everyone else is up for grabs depending on the asset returns.