1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. CertifiedTroll

Also, I don't believe that Jrue can be traded at this point due to just being traded for. (Sorry for the double post :grin: )

2. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Simple trade...
    Rockets Receive: Chuck Hayes and Sac's future 1st round pick

Sacramento Receives: Jeremy Lin

4. Dedicatedrocket

lol yea thats fair?

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/nba...-help-Heat-sign-G?blockID=920877&feedID=10140

+

Why do I bring this up?

Well, to me the Aldridge to Houston trades scenarios all seem very unlikely, objectively looking at it.

If Robin Lopez had not become available for cheap, I suppose a package of Asik, T-Rob, D-Mo/Jones and a bunch of future picks would have made some sense, but now that the Blazers already have traded for T-Rob and acquired a serviceable center in Lopez, with Myers Leonard still on the team as well, I don't really see anything I could see the Rockets offering making a great deal of sense for the Blazers.
    Asik is awesome, but he's not really a great rebuilding piece, much less for a team that already has invested in two centers recently.

I think the more realistic (and probably still rather unrealistic) trade partner are the Heat for various reasons.
    For one they are pretty much in cap hell, despite the Mike Miller amnesty.
    LeBron and Bosh will ask for a new max deal next year. Wade probably will, too, if he chooses to opt out.
    Those three guys plus Birdman, Joel Anthony, Haslem and Cole will put them above the luxury tax and close to the apron already, which will leave them with very little flexibility to improve their team.
    From a basketball standpoint, bigger teams obviously give them fits and the Bulls, Nets and Pacers will all be much improved next year. Last year's championship was hardly a cakewalk. Chris Bosh's skill set doesn't get fully utilized. If they don't end up signing Greg Oden, they'll essentially go into next season with the same team minus Mike Miller, with all their old role players a year older. And even if they do sign Oden, how much can you expect him to contribute anyway? Would it really be wise for a team paying the tax to invest their tax MLE on a guy like that?

Wouldn't it make more sense to trade Bosh for a quality, durable/reliable center like Asik, another quality big who can spread the floor (from a third team that could use Lin), while adding picks and shedding dead money (Joel Anthony & James Jones) in the process.
    To me that would be much more logical than the Blazers deciding to trade LMA to the Rockets for a similar package.

So... how about this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kqdqjnh

HOU out: Asik, Lin, T. Jones, 2014 1st, 2016 1st, rights to Papanikolaou, cash
    HOU in: Chris Bosh, Joel Anthony

Howard Camby J.Anthony
    Bosh Motiejunas G.Smith
    Parsons Casspi Covington
    Harden Garcia R.Williams
    Beverley Brooks Canaan

MIA out: Bosh, J. Anthony, J. Jones
    In: Asik, Ilyasova, HOU 2014 1st, HOU 2016 1st

Asik Birdman
    Ilyasova Haslem
    LeBron Battier
    Wade Allen
    Chalmers Cole

MIL out: Ilyasova
    MIL in: Lin, T. Jones, rights to Papanikolaou, J. Jones, cash

Sanders Pachulia
    Henson T.Jones
    Delfino Adetokunbo
    Mayo Ridnour
    Lin Wolters

Rockets or Heat might be able to pry away a second rounder or two from the Bucks since they own about a gazillion of them from recent trades.
    Lin could run the show in Milwaukee, which he obviously wasn't and won't be able to do here. Would fit well next to Mayo. Bucks reportedly had interest in acquiring Kostas. Henson seems ready to contribute and probably should get more minutes than he'll able to get with Ilyasova on the team.

1 person likes this.
  7. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

I would say Miami wins that trade big time.

8. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

Of course ... Miami is trying to get a lot for bosh. If rockets want another super/all star then rockets must do this, same for the bucks.

9. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

for the people who are willing to trade half the team for bosh, were not that desperate

10. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Trading for Chris Bosh is hardly desperate. The guy is without question a top-20 player and top-5 PF and arguably better than Clutchfans darling LaMarcus Aldridge.

Bosh has a little more range on his jumper, is the better spot up shooter, better rolling to the basket, better popping out, better cutting, better facing up/driving, better finishing around the basket, more efficient on offense, better defensively.

Aldridge is the better post player, turns it over slightly less and is a year younger. That's it.

Bosh has a bad rep because he's a weird dude, but the guy is awesome at basketball and would be a great fit on this team.

11. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

No... I saw enough from Bosh in the playoffs to know he's not worth being in a Rockets uniform for a max contract.

But most importantly _ giving Asik to Miami could be committing championship suicide. No way we can give LeBron a beast like Asik. Hell no...!!!!

12. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Just because Bosh is arguably better than LMA doesn't necessarily mean he's better than LMA.

But personally, I don't think we need a star power forward. For the most part history shows us you only need one super star big man to win a championship and we got one. Parsons is the guy who needs to step up and be that third star.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

You are trading T. Jones to Miami and Milwaukee? I mean, I think he's pretty good, but I'm not quite sure if he's that good?

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

This has to be the best trade option I have seen in this thread. The only tweak is Houston needs to get Biyombo somehow. Unless Camby agrees to the vet min.

I prefer Love, Josh Smith or even Bosh to LMA, but this would be too much value to pass up.

Sending Asik to a non-contender is tough but Houston cannot strengthen the Thunder or even an up and comer like the Cavs.

15. photojoe

photojoe Member

Totally far-fetched trade idea, with way too many moving pieces to actually work, but it's fun to think about anyway?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Golden State arguably looked better without David Lee last year. With this trade, they would be saving money and adding another deadly threat to their 3-point arsenal. If we included one of our first round picks, that could help replenish some of the picks they lost in their trade to Utah.

New Orleans has already expressed some interest in Asik, and I think the combination of him and Anthony Davis could be a really formidable frontcourt.

Minnesota would be getting a player back that can rebound at about the same level as Kevin Love. I think David Lee is a better low post-scorer but obviously not as good of a shooter. I highly doubt they would actually do that trade, but I wonder if David Lee would work better with Rubio than Love would?

We obviously would need to send out several of our first, second and Portland's second round picks to get this to work. Even still, I highly doubt there is anyway possible of this working.....but that's the whole point of having fun with the trade machine, right?

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

And of course, I meant to post this link instead:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mbqljhs

17. fattz

fattz Member

I may not understand Bosh's value BUT Asik, Lin, T. Jones, 2014 1st, 2016 1st, rights to Papanikolaou, cash and taking on Joel Anthony for him does not make us a better team, IMO. Asik, Lin, could start for 2/3 of the teams in the league and T. Jones is in the rotation on every team; Papanikolaou (I've never seen play); the picks and no more cap flex --> Parsons walk as a FA.

We are better off not making the trade

18. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I would love to see this trade!

The best player from Raptors last season was not Gay, Lowry, nor Valanciunas; it was Amir Johnson!

Amir led the team in FG%, eFG%, WS, RPG, and BPG. He can make shots from all over; floaters, midrangers, and 3Ps if necessary. He is a bargain at $6M. He is easily worth $10M. With Amir, we won't need backup C b/c he can play the 5.

Taking cap into consideration, Amir is a better choice than LMA. With so many ball dominant players on our team, he might even be a better fit b/c he does all the dirty work, just a solid all around player who doesn't need the ball in his hand.

vs GSW, 10 for 10 from the field, 15 rebounds, w/ 12 offensive!
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fG-nLYg1re0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. fattz

fattz Member

Don't forget Ross, too

20. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Why would Toronto do this to get Asik if they already have Valanciunas? Also, Terrence Ross was just a #8 overall pick last year so it would take more to get him thrown in.