1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. haydenfisher342

Asik has way more value then Gortat.
    Lin > Dragic
    Marshal is just bad

Asik > Gortat ( 5 best center in the NBA according to our GM )
    Lin > Dragic ( Proven he can play with an athletic Center, brings in $. )
    Smith > Marshal ( Smith can put the ball in the basket )

So I conclude........Nope.

2. haydenfisher342

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nyox6o2

Houston Portland Detroit Pistons Indiana Pacer

L. Aldridge Omer Asik D. Granger Jeremy Lin
    M. Leonard Greg Monroe Greg Smith D. MotieJunas
    Hou 2nd 2017 K. Papanikalaou Houston 2nd 2015

Why Houston Does it, LA and back up
    Why Portland does it - Omer Asik, Upcoming Greg Monroe
    Why Detroit does it - Granger is an Upgrade & expiring. Get legit backup in G. Smith
    Why Indiana does it, JLin and much needed upgrade at the 1 spot. Scoring Center/PF in Motie.

3. haydenfisher342

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nyox6o2

FIXED***********

Houston 2nds can get moved as needed, I know the draft picks are gunna hafta go

Why Houston Does it, LA and back up
    Why Portland does it - Omer Asik, Upcoming Greg Monroe
    Why Detroit does it - Granger is an Upgrade & expiring. Get legit backup in G. Smith
    Why Indiana does it, JLin and much needed upgrade at the 1 spot. Scoring Center/PF in Motie.

4. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Not a bad trade but I don't see Detroit giving up Monroe for Granger and Smith. Also I don't see Portland giving up Leonard when they're already giving LA.

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I feel like Greg Monroe is worth a lot more than that, and that Indiana would not be willing to tie up that much cap space in Lin.

Who knows though, right.

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

7. haydenfisher342

well what I see is Drummond, plus they have him for a couple more years, Greg is gunna get paid. Of course you could add picks and swindle here or there. But for granger whos a good SF, Detroit needs a SF

8. haydenfisher342

they are getting ASIK AND MONROE! BRO!

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I would not be in support of this, but I could see Morey pulling it off, if he had a better than strong hunch that we could flip it in the offseason next year for LMA or Kevin Love.

Rockets trade Omer Asik to a team like Washington or Cleveland (assuming Andrew Bynum goes down) for a 2014 first rounder, top 3 and 15+ protected, projected to be in the 8-12 range.

It's the Kyle Lowry Redux. Definitely hurts our chances in the playoffs this year, but if Morey thinks that a first rounder in a highly deep draft is worth more than one more year of Asik to Portland or Minnesota, then he might pull the trigger. All of a sudden you have a trade centered around this first-rounder next year. We have our own to deal also, probably 25-28 in the range. And then we're also net +3 in the 2nd rounder dept. I highly doubt Portland or Minnesota could find a better deal than two firsts and 1-2 seconds, with one of those first guaranteed to go in the lottery.

Again, Morey does NOT do this unless he is sure about the ability to flip it. Our team is win now; we won't be drafting to develop prospects anymore. And last thing: don't gamble against Morey. Because Morey doesn't gamble, he counts.

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Or, as an even more likely possibility, Houston deals Asik to Sam Hinkie for NEW ORLEANS' UNPROTECTED FIRST ROUNDER PROJECTED TO GO LATE LOTTERY. Ha. That would be ironic, and you could easily see it happening.

Right now Asik would just be worth sooo much more to any team out there as a potential starter than he is to us. Easily worth a first rounder that's not top 5 in my book.

11. nimzoray

nimzoray Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=msswukg

Houston-Portland-New Orleans trade

Pelicans gets rid of Gordon for solid center in Asik + 1st round pick from Houston.
    Rockets gets Aldridge.
    Blazers get SG upgrade in Gordon and gets Papanikolau back. Could add some picks from Houston too.

12. haydenfisher342

if Aldridge comes Lins got to go

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Finding a taker for Asik who could send back young assets to route to Portland for LMA would be the most logical move for us.

Bobcats:
    Asik to Bobcats
    T.Jones, Biyombo, Zeller, Hou 2014 and 2016 to Portland
    LMA to Houston

Cleveland:
    Asik to the Cavs
    T.Jones, Waiters, Zeller, Hou 2014 and 2016 to Portland
    LMA to Houston

Thunder:
    Asik to the Thunder
    T.Jones, Lamb, P.Jones, Hou 2014 and 2016 to Portland
    LMA to Houston

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

took me a while to try my luck in the LMA sweepstakes but i think i have the perfect trade

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=meh3b67

HOU gets - LeMarcas Aldridge, Gustavo Ayon, Will Barton

POR gets- Eric Gordon, Jones/DMo (either or), Darris Miller
    - PICKS, ROX 2014 1st, BUCKS 2015 1st

NOP gets- Omer Asik, Victer Claver, Kostas Papanikolaou HOU 2015 potland 2nd round

BUKS get- Lin HOU 2016 2nd round

I have spent my whole day tweaking this trade and i think i have it pretty much done and workable for all teams involved... i would love to know what you guys think on which teams wins or what teams lose

15. Agrieke

Agrieke Member

Bucks aren't giving a first round pick for Lin in my opinion. As big as the package is for Portland wonder if they are getting enough in return for Aldridge

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No way I make a deal with the Thunder (or any of the other contenders in the West) including Asik. He'd make them really strong inside.

17. Voice of Aus

yeah thats what i keep changing, i dont think morey will trade the 2014 and 2016 1st round picks..

anyways love we are thinking the same

18. Madclownpacasum

Originally Posted by LCAhmed
    Just an idea. I welcome all the hate that would be aimed at me.

PHX trades:

Gortat
    Dragic
    Marshall

to Houston for:

Asik
    Lin
    Greg Smith

salries are only like $400K apart

Dragic is more of an offensive threat than Lin right now (no telling if he'll ever get back to linsanity) Marshall was supposed to be the heir apparent to Nash but obviously that went down the toilet. Gortat is the ying to Asik's yang. Skilled offensive big, suspect on defense, has a jumper. Could easily play with Dwight again.

Phx gets better on the defensive end while also getting young players who can develop with their new core (obviously the big things are lin conflict with Bledsoe) but I feel Asik can help teach Len defense. Let's not forget the sales pitch of Lin+Len, it's a Lin Len situation.

Hou gets better on the offensive end addressing some of the issues that might have been brought up (shooting at the point since Dragic is an awesome 3pt scorer, can Gortat now play with Dwight where as Asik might not be able to). Marshall can scrap with bev for minutes making both players better.

Just my 2 cents, would make both te

-this is a good trade for me because what we need is a legit catch and shoot player who can defend and play off the ball with James Harden. Jlin maybe a better on the ball player but he cant do that with James Harden.

19. Voice of Aus

u need to value asik way more than you currently are

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

So Lin is tied up in this. It would take a 3rd team...no way Portland takes him.

HOU out: Asik, Lin, DMo, 2014 & 2016 1st
    HOU in: LMA

POR out: LMA, Wesley Matthews
    POR in: Greg Monroe, Bogut, HOU 2014 & 2016 1st

GSW out: Harrison Barnes, Bogut
    GSW in: Asik, Wesley Matthews

DET out: Greg Monroe
    DET in: Lin, DMo, Harrison Barnes

Trade machine says this works.

HOU gets it's 3rd star, and can keep Parsons and TJones.

Portland gets a young, proven center that lines up well with their youth movement. Also get Houston's 2014 and 2016 picks (likely #29 or #30). Bogut expires in 2014.

GSW removes their redundancy with Harrison Barnes/Andre Igoudala. Bogut is on his last leg, and they know it. Asik and Iggy give them a good defensive pair to go with Currry and Thompson. Asik is also a great fit next to David Lee. Wesley gives them some bench production.

Detroit gets a semi-solution at PG in Lin, a PF in DMo that goes very well with Drummond/JSmith, and a SF of the future in Harrison Barnes.

Houston
    Beverley / Canaan
    Harden / Williams
    Parsons / Garcia / Casspi
    LMA / TJones
    Dwight / Smith

Portland
    Lillard
    McCollum
    Batum
    Monroe / TRob
    Bogut / Monroe