1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

WTF?????? NO!!!!

2. basketballholic

He's a better shooter than Ryan Anderson. He's got a better handle than Ryan Anderson. Can upfake/dribble/reset/shoot it better. And he's a better rebounder. Defense?? Probably has the edge there too. Ilyasova is a superior player to Ryan Anderson.

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Which is why the Bucks aren't trading him.

4. basketballholic

LOL. You're probably right there.

5. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Most Bucks fans will tell you that Sanders/Henson is their frontcourt of the future.

Well until one of them gets traded for peanuts

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Since Omer is not expected to play alongside Howard (which I was disappointed to hear), I have been thinking a lot about what trades he can be moved in, besides the Smith and Anderson deals, which look like they may not happen. A couple I have thought of so far:

1) Asik to the Bulls for Jimmy Butler and the partially guaranteed contract of Richard Hamilton:
    - The deal would give Houston 6 million in cap space to work with and give them a great young perimeter player in Butler, who can back up Harden and Parsons and play some small ball 4. Also would be a great trade asset in the future. I don't think the cap conscious Bulls would do this, unless we took Taj Gibson off their hands -- but his contract sucks, especially if you consider the Bulls chose to pay him instead of Asik.

2) Asik and DMo to the Raptors for Jonas Valanciunas and Amir Johnson:
    - The Raptors are cleaning house to some extent, so this might be possible. Valanciunas is already a serviceable center at age 20, and might be able to play PF as well, and has a sky high ceiling. Amir Johnson is a great energy guy that can play the 4 now.

3) Asik and TJones to Cleveland for Tristan Thomas and Alonzo Gee:
    -I was wrong about Tristan Thomas. I'll admit it. I was overly critical of him after seeing all his flaws up close in college (I'm a UT alum and live in Austin), but all young players have flaws, and Thomas can play in the NBA. Tristan looks to be a solid NBA 4 in the league for years to come, and would fit well with the Rockets. Gee would be a very solid backup 2 guard with a team friendly contract.

4) Asik and TJones to Charlotte for Bismack Biyombo and future draft consideration.
    - Alright, I'm going to level with you folks. I was huge on Biyombo when he was first drafted. I thought he was going to be a star from day one -- rookie of the year, all defensive team. I still like him more than I should and I still think he can be great. Asik for him would be a salary dump to pursue a free agent PF like JJ Hickson (a double double machine out of Portland last season who is solid in defense, can help a little at the 5 (started there last season for Portland) and has a sweet mid range jumper that killed the Rockets last season. ) But also, Biyombo off the bench, developing, is a great opportunity to buy low on a kid who I still think can be the next Ben Wallace.

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Detroit out: G.Monroe, B.Knight, Jerebko
    Detroit in: Rondo
    - The Pistons just signed Josh Smith, and still have a huge hole at PG. Monroe is more expendable than most would think (Drummond is their guy), and the head-scratching signing of Josh Smith only verifies that. Rondo gives them a floor leader.

Portland out: Aldridge
    Portland in: G.Monroe, Motiejunas, Jerebko
    - To avoid dealing with a disgruntled star, Portland doesn't downgrade much by getting younger, comparable player in Monroe, and a high potential big in D-Mo.

Boston out: Rondo
    Boston in: Asik, B.Knight, 2014 HOU 1st, cash considerations
    - Boston gets their C, a young guard, and another pick as they prepare to tank.

Houston out: Asik, Motiejunas, 2014 1st, cash considerations
    Houston in: Aldridge

Dwight - G.Smith
    Aldridge - T.Jones
    Parsons - Garcia - Casspi
    Harden - ?? - Anderson
    Beverley - Lin

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I've been preaching trading for ilyasova because he's the better player than Anderson imo.

But, if we could trade Lin/asik/1st/2nd for jrue/Anderson id be ecstatic...

9. Boombai

Boombai New Member

AK47 + another player maybe for Asik? he had a solid. He can improve our defense and can shoot 3's

10. tefunk

tefunk Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Wow</p>&mdash; Jason Thompson (@jtthekid) <a href="https://twitter.com/jtthekid/statuses/353625333435613184">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Swishh

Swishh Member

^ Sounds great, would love Jrue/Anderson, but I don't think we can afford them, could we?

Also,

Bucks may need a PG if Jennings doesn't resign, which I'm assuming he will.

Sign/trade Lin + pieces for.....Monta Ellis IF AND ONLY IF he agrees to be a 6th man, and doesn't ask for much money. I'm sure he wants to win a ring before his career is over.

But knowing Monta's ego, this won't happen.

12. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

Alexey Shved wouldn't be a bad trade to make.

13. JD88

JD88 Member

I want Kevin Love. Somebody make up a trade with Love in it... quick!

14. Boombai

Boombai New Member

What about trading for Andrei Kirilenko? hes a good defender, gets rebounds, and can shoot 3's! he would be good for another couple years

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

asik/lin for dragic/gortat.

*drops the mic*

16. JD88

JD88 Member

What about Sullinger?

I love his game, and he has range.

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Asik/Motie/Jones/1st for Horford.

18. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Omer Asik for Ryan Anderson, Jason Smith.

Get our stretch 4 and a 7ft big body.

If you need to throw in somebody to make the contracts work, throw in Olbrecht or Andersen.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

he wants a multitear deal
    no thanks

20. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

If Minny lets Pek walk as a RFA they are going to need a Center.

Asik/Lin/T Jones or D-Mo for Love + filler