1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjr

rjr Member

There is no way the Lakers get that much value for Gasol(from any team in this league).The only reason I can see the Rockets having any interest in Gasol would be to help mold D-Mo,and maybe play with Lull(if he is in their future plans).Gasol foesn't make the Rox contenders(espesialy if they give up so much),and by the time a team is built around him he will have nothing left.If the Rox do trade Lowry it will be for much more value than just Gasol's old,and soft ass.

2. rjr

rjr Member

Billups plays the 2 guard for them.They have Cp3 at the point.

3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Those Clipper picks would be late first rounders anyway... How the **** does that improve our team???

COMPLETE FAIL.

4. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

Probably so by 2 players, and I already said why GMs don't historically make moves like that.... but if people can propose trades that would hurt 2 teams to help the Rockets that wouldn't happen, I like my impossible proposal that helps all 3 teams! :cool:

[​IMG]

5. MarcusMorris20

By stockpiling picks, we have more ammunition to move UP into the mid-Lottery to actually get a difference maker.

Responding to an earlier reply to this...yes, teams CAN trade back to back 1st Round picks.

For all of you who think this is an idiotic trade (and there seems to be a lot of you), I can guarantee you that the Clippers would listen if Morey called and offered Kyle Lowry. I GUARANTEE you.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They have CP3, Billups was their SG, do you not f.#*in get that?
    Why the F would any team want Lowry when they have CP3? You want 6'0 Lowry to play SG???

Do you even watch any team besides Rockets?

1 person likes this.
  7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Duh cause we'd be giving them our best player for more than likely a late 20s pick next year, a backup shooting guard, and another late 20s pick in 2013.... WHY WOULDN'T THE CLIPPERS MAKE THAT DEAL!?!?! :rolleyes:

Stock piling picks in the late first does you no help in getting to the mid lottery when you're probably already in the mid lottery with the Knicks picks.

8. MarcusMorris20

Of course I do. I...do...get...that.

If Morey were to call, the Clips would listen. I...really...do...believe....that.

I don't have to be agreed with. It's just my opinion. Are we not allowed to have those on these boards?

9. MarcusMorris20

The way the Knicks are playing now, I'm afraid we'd end up picking between 20 and 25. That's what I'm worried about.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Again...why would the Clips trade their only reliable SG...for an undersized PG...to play him at SG? Or to play...Brian Cook at SG...and Lowry as backup PG....? You thought that they played Chauncey as PG and then say how they missed on JR Smith..., how does that lead to them trading for a PG?
    I...really...do...believe...that...you...believe...that...because...you...don't...know...what...you're...talking...bout.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They're in the East, trust me, it won't fall THAT low.

Lin is good, but melo is back to ruin the best thing that's happened to NY since Earl the Pearl.

Things are looking up for that Knicks pick.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Heck yeh they'd do it - 2 late first rd picks for a pg on a cheap contract who is on the cusp of allstar level.... they' do it and it would SCREW us!

and unless the new CBA changed it...
    "NBA rules prohibit teams from trading first-round picks in consecutive years"

and, Yes, this trade is idiotic!

13. kjayp

and if u wanna trade Lowry for a couple late first round picks, then you'd do it to the Lakers.... they have a hole a pg, want Lowry and have 2 or 3 first rd picks this year (theis, Dallas, and i think another...) and it's still idiotic...

14. kjayp

Yes, you can have an opinion, but so far you've had 10 posts - including starting two new threads...
    in those posts, you've run down DM and the organization, labeled the team as 8th seed at best, and put forth trading our best player for Randy Foye and a couple late 1st rd picks.... oh and wanting to trade for a 35 yr old KG or Pierce....not a stellar start...

#1894 kjayp, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. arjun

arjun Member

man...some of you guys are RIDICULOUS

18. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Simple one... (although Clips would probably have to send a filler like Brian Cook our way to get salaries a little closer)...

Rockets get Gasol, without giving up Lowry and the Lakers get a replacement/starter for Gasol and upgrade their PG position...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7e3eug8

19. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Forgot to mention Clips get their two guard and also that Mo Williams reunites with Mike Brown...

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thats a pretty good deal for all teams involved, probably a couple of picks to the lakers though if that would happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.