1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I like the trade proposal and the starting line-up for the Rockets a lot. We know that the Hawks made Marvin Williams available and he would be nice as our starting SF, IMO. He brings 'a little bit' more offense than Parsons anyway. BTW, T-Will and T-Mac on the same team ... :rolleyes:

The Lakers need help at the PG spot, so adding Harris and Hinrich is 'a little bit' better than the PG's they have at the moment.

The Jazz add their starting SG, but are giving up their starting PG. Replacing Harris with Flynn makes it actually worse for them at the PG spot, IMO. BTW, Ron Artest playing in a Jazz uniform would be hilarious ... :grin:

2. jocar

jocar Member

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Oh they'll take far less... They already know they're gonna suffocate under the contracts of Kobe/Pau/Bynum... plus paying for non production of MWP and Walton... they have no depth and glaring holes (PG/SF)... they know they gotta clear some room....

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

1 person likes this.
  5. OremLK

OremLK Member

1 person likes this.
  6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Lmao at that idiotic trade! Besides, wasn't it posted in another thread that the Lakers would do Pau for Lowry straight up???

And please enlighten me, what young talent/a$$ets would we have left after a trade like that?? Don't even try to tell me Memphis would take Patterson, Hill, etc for Marc Gasol. They WOULD NOT!!!!!

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Looking onward to next offseason. Let's say that Morey strikes out, can't make any big time trades at the deadline and winds up doing something very small like renting Kaman.

Do we have enough of a combination of assets to move up and snag Andre Drummond? What combination of assets would it take to do so, if it's possible at all? Do you think the Bobcats or whatever team gets him would do it for a huge package of youngs to rebuild their roster, like Llull + Motiejunas + Morris + the Knicks pick + a future first?

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I don't think we have the assets to move up to a top 3 pick. Even if we gave a team a choice of combining any 3 or 4 assets they wanted.

Lowry+Motie+Patterson+NY pick still probably would not do it IMO.

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

The only way you get a top 3 pick anymore is to trade some assets with a slightly higher (5) pick. You can count this method out since we won't have a top 5 pick. Dumpy teams that have a top 3 pick need drastic help and aren't going to trade their home run swing for a couple of known singles (mid-round picks). They are going to stand there in the box until they get one that they can jack. And with a Drummond heading towards them, they aren't going to bail and bunt.

Now there are exceptions like unloading a bloated contract (Davis) or trading a stud (DWill) but we don't have a stud and we can't take on that big of contract not to mention that the current dumpy teams don't have a Davis on thier roster.

ie. Not going to happen.

11. body slam

body slam Member

I agree and part of me says let them suffer. At the same time the other part of me says make us a offer we can not refuse.

12. Miracles Boys33

13. MarcusMorris20

Opinion: Trade Kyle Lowry to Clippers

HOU gets
    Randy Foye
    2012 1st Round Pick
    2013 1st Round Pick

LAC gets
    Kyle Lowry

Why am I proposing this? Simple.

The Clippers have been looking high and low for a PG to replace Chauncey Billups. Since losing the JR Smith battle with the Knicks, this would be the perfect time to offer Lowry to LAC.

The Clippers consider themselves legitimate contenders for the Western Conference this season, and rightfully so. They'd be willing to give up quite a bit to solidify the spot Billups left vacant after his Achilles injury.

And let's be real...the Rockets are no better than the 7th or 8th best team in the Western Conference, on their best day. Keeping Lowry simply because he's our best player makes absolutely zero sense. Our 2012 1st Rounder is Lottery-protected, so the fact that we'd be left only with Dragic and Flynn at PG makes no difference. If we end up in the Lottery, which is likely with those two at PG, we'd be able to put together a pretty nice package (including LAC's 1st Round pick) to move from the bottom of the Lottery and target a real difference-maker.

Look, Morey has failed to hit on a mid-1st Round pick since his reign in Houston began. If we don't do something to position ourselves to land a difference-maker (somehow, someway), we run the risk of being a fringe playoff team for another couple of years.

Sorry Daryl, but this philosophy you have of drafting talented players and shipping them either overseas or to the D League isn't going to get you any closer to winning the West than you are now.

14. kjayp

If I thought no one would make a deal with 'em - i'd love jus to watch them collapse... but for some reason, teams always gets enamored with LA players and do something stupid... I dont want anything to do with their stupid contracts (Pau, MWP, Walton, etc..) - but I'd love to play the third wheel! ;)

15. King901

King901 Member

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would love to see this team add a legit two way guy at the 4. Scola may recover a bit from his early season struggles.

Al Jefferson or Pau Gasol would really be great.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

This trade is awful and makes no sense at all.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Holy ****...

Holy ****...

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

20. kjayp

This is jus turrible - jus turrible.... (in my best Charles Barkley voice)
    I'm sorry, man, I know you're new and I dont wanna be a douche, but Dude... much like your thread about giving Morris a chance, you jus have no clue what yer talking about...
    A) you cant trade first round picks in two consecutive years
    B) We haven't drafted anyone and "shipped them overseas" - we've drafted the right to players who presently play overseas...
    C) look I know yer all butt hurt about Morris going to the D League - get over it - it's the best move for him at this early point in his career.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.