1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Nice try, but find something more realstic.

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Fair enough, but who's going to offer much more for Pau Gasol at 31 on a slightly down year? Maybe a three-way involving the T-wolves and Derrick Williams, but I think this offer would be considered, especially with Lee.

The Nets get a good PG, will have lots of money to spend once again, a pick, and Montie. Maybe not the best haul they could get but how many teams are going to risk it for Deron Williams? Darryl Morey will.

No trade is ever predictable or likely. A lot of things have to take place to set the scene for something like this. But I don't think these are far-fetched offers given the situations both teams are in. I think at the end of the day the Lakers end up holding on to Pau unless Howard is involved, though.

3. allanivan

allanivan Member

I really like this trade... it is very realistic. The only thing is that T-wolves is not ready to let their 2nd overall pick go right now. Their cores are very young with high potential, Klove, RRubio and D-will. They will try really hard to trade Mike beasley to Laker before the trade deadline.
    Someone plz send this idea to Dmorey...
    I just want us to have more PT for CLee and MMorris. With Martin and Scola out of lineup, We will see how much better we can be defensively.
    This trade proposal really makes me excited.

4. allanivan

allanivan Member

Dmorey is not going to dump Scola and martin's salary. Please be realistic.:eek:

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL good trade but I love how getting C-bud and Thabeet for Beasley gives the Wolves 6 wins.

7. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Adelman would say "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" to Tha"bust'beet.

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This is Very realistic. Minny gets bud and an expiring the lakers get depth in all needed positions and we get pau and barnes.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He wouldnt play; he is just an expiring contract. Bud and his cheap contract is what they would get. They don't need beasley and cant afford him.

10. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

If Matt Barnes comes to this team I will boo him relentlessly... My least favorite player in the league..

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I know - they really think highly of Bud. Also Flynn and Dragic have the same effect...another head scratcher on that "win/loss" calculator.

Here's another one:
    [​IMG]

Lose in the back court but really gain in the front court.

Pekovic / Dalembert / Thabeet
    Gasol / Patterson / Hill / Smith
    Parsons / Barnes / Morris
    Lee / TWill
    Lowry / Flynn

Might have to work 1 more trade in with Thabeet, Hill, TWill and a pick to help the back court out some. Or roll with what you got and see if TWill or Flynn pull a Lin.

#1831 ArtV, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  12. victorx91

victorx91 Member

[​IMG]

Can't add in Tyson Chandler to the Magic in the trade machine... but just pretend he's there. That trade should work financially... It's out there, but I think it is a pretty fair trade for all teams.

13. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

For the ether...

[​IMG]

Trades like this don't happen because GMs are afraid of being fired and no one deals a starting lineup to another team for practically another starting lineup, but this would solve many problems for all involved, though at the expense of our cap flexibility.

Lakers lineup:
    Frontcourt: Dwight (5) / Scola (4) / Murphy / McRoberts
    Wings: Hedo (3) / World Peace / T Williams
    Backcourt: Kobe (2) / Dragic (1) / Fisher / Goudelock / Kapono

Rockets lineup:
    Frontcourt: Dalembert (5) / Gasol (4) / P Pat / Hill
    Wings: Parsons (3) / Barnes / Morris
    Backcourt: Lee (2) / Lowry (1) / Redick / Blake / Flynn

Orlando lineup:
    Frontcourt: Bynum (5) / Anderson (4) / Big Baby / Clark / Thabeet
    Wings: Q. Richardson (3) / Walton / Budinger
    Backcourt: K-Mart (2) / Nelson (1) / Duhon / Liggins / Wafer

Orlando does it to get rid of Hedo's contract, get the best possible Dwight replacement in Bynum, upgrade their starting 2 w/ K-Mart, and get some true depth at 3 moving forward. Not much cap flexibility gained, but you can't beat replacing Dwight with Bynum and unloading Hedo's contract will save the owner some amnesty $$.

LA does it to make a run this season at a championship with Dwight & Kobe teamed up with Scola, Dragic, Artest, Hedo & Fisher. Trade allowed them to shed Walton, Blake, Bynum, and Pau's contracts ($45 mil) in exchange for Scola & Dwight's ($30 mil) which actually means a little cap relief if Fisher retires since the only significant contracts they'd have after the season would be Kobe, Dwight, World Peace, & Scola once they amnesty Hedo.

Houston clearly does it because apparently we really want Pau Gasol and don't want to give up Lowry to get him. Leaves us with Gasol/Lowry duo and in desperate need of Lee, P Pat, or Morris to emerge as the other dangerous option offensively.

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Boring day so here's one that will keep you cheering for the Rockets:
    [​IMG]

Actually keeps us more rounded as keeping Dragic gives us a backup for the 1 and 2 positions. Just not sure if that's enough for the Lakers.

Pekovic / Dalembert / Thabeet
    Gasol / Patterson / Hill / Smith
    Parsons / Randolph / Morris
    Lee / TWill
    Lowry / Dragic

15. Miracles Boys33

i don't think adelman would like having thabeet on his team

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Lol. Throw in Morris, Bud, dragic and ny pick and trade them to orlando and we take on a bad contract like reddick or Nelson and it would be a decent move for the magic. They would take shumpert as well.

17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Probably not but picking up Thabeet's expiring contract in order to trade Beasley for Bud (someone who Rick likes and is a much cheaper version of Beasley who may be leaving the TWolves after this season) is why they'd do it.

18. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

So Marvin Williams wants out of ATL...

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219120/Marvin_Williams_Would_Like_Trade_From_Hawks

He is still only 25 years old and he is super athletic (something we need more of)... The few times I have seen him it looks like he plays pretty good defense and he is solid on offense because he can spot up and score in the paint. He would be an upgrade over Parsons and he would bring some consistency to the SF spot.

His gripe with ATL is that he wants a bigger role in the offense. We could solve that by playing him more than 24 minutes a game... Not sure who we could or would trade for him or what his salary is but it's worth a look.

19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd take Marvin.... 3yr deal @7.5 this year... I also wouldnt mind snatching Dampier (who jus signed a second 10 dy contract @ 713K/yr)...

seein as Atlanta is nearly 13M over the cap and 1400 into luxury tax...
    Id give em Bud, JHill, and Thabeets expiring for Marvin, Dampier and a scrub to get get em under the luxury tax threshold...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.