1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

It was more that I figured they would want another big man to help fill the minutes left behind from Dwight. I figure we could offer Hill instead of Smith if they preferred.

2. Sen89

Sen89 Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=74wzybj

NY out: Amare
    NY in: Favors, Scola, Miles
    - NY gets deeper up front, gets more balanced. Favors is a great prospect, and Scola can score with less touches, which is necessary considering NY's situation.

HOU out: Scola, Martin, Dragic
    HOU in: Amare, Bell, UTA 2013 1st
    - Didn't want to give up Dragic, but it's the only way Utah would agree. Amare was putting up 26/9 before Melo last year, and has more potential as "the man" than say, Pau. He would be surrounded by defenders after this deal.

Dalembert/Hill/Smith
    Stoudemire/Patterson
    Parsons/Budinger/Morris
    Lee/Bell/Williams
    Lowry/Flynn/Williams

UTA out: Favors, 2013 1st, Miles, Bell
    UTA in: Martin, Dragic
    - Martin immediately improves their young perimeter, and Dragic immediately improves their poor PG play (and finally gets a chance to be the starter). Favors' loss isn't huge as they still have Al, Millsap and Kanter.

3. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

Don't quit your day job, Chief. Whatever that is.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Don't be an idiot. Smith isn't even the important part of the trade. The trade for Howard would center on Martin/Scola/Dalembert (Orlando reportedly wants veterans) and salary relief for Turkoglu. Smith and Budinger are just sweeteners.

5. valorita

valorita Member

Laker really need to trade Pau. The truth is that Gasol has a very limited market right now beacuse of his poor play and gigantuous $19million contract.
    LA almost has to dump him for lesser parts because in the new CBA, you just can't keep Gasol + Kobe + Bynum's salaries together.

His true value, I would imagine is somewhere along the lines of:

Gasol

for

Scola + Dragic + Chase + Thabeet.

Lakers get 3 good players on good contracts. Scola is not as good as Gasol, but he fits better with Bynum and Kobe. Bud and Dragic would start for LA and infuse some youth and athletisicm in to that old squad.

Rockets would do this because they are able to get a clear upgrade and consolidate some assets.

Dally/Hill/Smith
    Gasol/Patterson
    Parsons/Morris
    Martin/Lee
    Lowry/TWil/Flynn

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Houston receives:
    Dwight Howard
    Stephen Jackson

Orlando receives:
    Andrew Bogut
    Goran Dragic
    Terrence Williams
    Rights to Donatis Motiejunas

Milwaukee receives:
    Kevin Martin
    Samuel Dalembert
    Knicks 2012 1st round pick

7. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

This worked in trade machine --

Knicks get -- Pau, Martin, Blake, T-Will
    Rox get -- Melo, Goudelock
    Lakers get -- Amar'e, Dragic, Shumpert

BLOCK.
    BUSTER.

8. jocar

jocar Member

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

WAY too much imo... Lakers recieve an absolute haul for just gasol... people dont realize that gasols value is at an all-time low... he is in decline at 31 on an outrageous 19mil a year contract... the lakers cant continue to stay damn near 30million under the cap, the tax is much more stiffer under the new CBA... the lakers are getting desperate, especially with horrible play at both PG and SF...
    Minnesota is also getting way too much imo... kmart(while value is down this year) is worth more about pekovic and beasley himself, adding solid role players in bud and hill is over paying.... not to mention we're dishing out 6 players for only 2 in return...what i find more realistic in this situation is something like this...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=79ant3b

Lakers out: Gasol,Goudelock
    Lakers in: Scola,Beasley,Dragic
    Lakers outlook: they replace gasol with a competent starter in scola who can score in the post just as goood as anyone(imagine being next to bynum how good offensively he'll be)... they upgrade at SF with Beasley who i think will become the starter rather quikly... they get the PG they desperatley in Dragic... They end up getting 3 starters for one former all-star and a bench player...Best offer they are likely to get...

Minnesota out: Beasley, Williams
    Minnesota in: kmart, cbud,2nd rd pick
    Minnesota outlook: They lose beasley(who likely wont be brought back next season anyways) and replace him with cbud(who can score just as well, knows adelmans system, and isnt a headcase)...They recieve the SG they desperatley need in kmart(who thrives in adelmans system which he also knows)...they gain a 2nd rd pick in a year in which they have no 1st rd pick...they are in win now mode seeing as thier in the hunt with no draft pick... kmart and bud in thier lineup would be a seamless transition propelling them into the playoffs... rubio/kmart/bud/love/pekovic is solid, especially with ridnour/wesjohnson/webster/barea/ all coming off the bench, thats a potentially dangerous team...

Houston out: scola, kmart, dragic, bud, 2nd rd pick
    Houston in: Gasol, dwill, goudelock
    Houston outlook: we lose alot of scoring in scola,kmart,dragic and bud but i dont think it kills our offense dramatically while our defense increases tremendously... we get rid of scolas contract(although we gain scolas)... we get rid of both defenseive liabilities on our starting five in martin and scola... we gain a blue chip prospect for Morey(which you know he loves his assets)... we get depth behind clee and lowry in goudelock...

Lowry/goudelock/flynn
    CLee/goudelock/twill
    Parsons/dwill/morris
    Gasol/ppat/hill
    Dally/gasol/gsmith

Looks like a solid starting five while still having decent depth and flexibility with moving players to different positions considering all of our 'tweeners'...

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

scola and martin for jamison and a 2nd.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Eh not that the trade is bad, its just that it doesn't fill any of our needs (besides clearing up cap) and we give up so much. If we trade martin and scola we should try to focus on somebody who would fix a problem, with defense and or rebounding. Somebody like gortat, jefferson or pekovic.

13. Houston_Rockets

Wait, what???

14. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

You don't have any depth on this roster ... BTW you don't trade for Turkoglu (and his contract) so he can sit on the bench.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

I imagine Turk would get plenty of time at the 3 and 4.

I know there's not much depth on that roster, but it can be addressed in the offseason. In Morey I Trust. It's worth it for the D-Will/Howard combo. They'd sign extensions if we had them both.

16. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I like this trade a lot and we could still package T-Will and Flynn for a better (back-up) PG ... nice thinking! It's a Win-Win-Win proposal for every team, IMO.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

No way in hell would I take Amare's contract with his injury problems and down season. He is worse than Gasol, more likely to break down, and is paid $65M over the next three seasons :eek:

Stupid, lucky Knicks to have found Lin. They would be 100% committed to suckitude if they didn't strike gold like that.

18. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I don't mind trading for Amare, he's still better than any frontcourt player we have at the moment. He's worth taking the risk and a guy you could build around. A Lowry-Amare combo would be very nice. Plug-in defensive minded players like Lee, Dalembert and Parsons in the starting line-up and we have a chance to get (very) far in the playoffs.

Other big guys I would take a look at are Al Jefferson and Gortat. The Jazz are loaded with bigs and could use a SG like Kevin Martin. Gortat is playing for a crappy team and the Suns could blow up the team by trading him and Nash for young talent en draft picks ...

The other big guy is D12 ... but I don't think we have a chance.

McHale is a big guy coach and he will get the best out of his frontcourt players. But we need an All-Star caliber PF/C to build around ... ASAP!

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I don't think you realize how bad Amare has been with out his athleticism. All he does is shoot contested 17ft jumpers and can't even make those consistently. He's an average rebounder, and a bad defender with a terrible contract. He's only name recognition at this point because he's not playing like an all-star anymore. Plus he's damaged goods.

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Rockets get: Pau Gasol
    Lakers get: Scola, Dragic, Lee, Thabeet

Rockets get: Deron Williams
    Nets get: Lowry, Hill, Flynn, T.Williams, Montiejunas (rights), NYK 1st rounder (and any other picks we can offer)

I only do these if I have them both worked out before going through with them, especially the Gasol trade. Normally I wouldn't give up Lee in the deal for Gasol, but I don't think Martin has any trade value left (especially to the Lakers or Nets). Pau and D-will would be worth it together, and I think Morey is ready to go all in and this is remotely possible IMO. Hopefully getting Deron and Pau together would make them both happy, and D-Will would want to re-sign.

D-Will/Free agent (Llull next year?)
    Martin/Budinger
    Parsons/(Budinger)/Morris
    Gasol/Patterson
    Dalembert/(Gasol)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.