1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I just realized that as of now we own 2 picks in the '12 draft.
    Currently #9 from NY & #44 from MIN.
    Our 1st to NJ top 14 protected & our 2nd to DET top 40 protected.
    I think we should make trades to not only improve our team ending up with a solid 9-10 man rotation to compete in the playoffs but also acquire some late 1st/2nd rd picks to package picks/players to try and move up to draft a stud. IMHO as I've stated many times should be MKG but regardless someone that is NBA ready to go from day one.

http://www.mynbadraft.com/2012-NBA-Mock-Draft

2. joesr

joesr Member

In order for Ny pick to become lottery they have to not be in the playoff picture. sorry but for East, they are in the playoff picture

3. Garner

Garner Member

When the NBA decides or is able to sell the Hornets, we can revisit a stern'less scenario- until then, deal with it.

4. Garner

Garner Member

As currently ranked:
    1. Chicago
    2. Philly
    3. Orlando
    4. Indiana
    5. Atlanta
    6. Miami

Are all legit playoff teams. That leaves Cleveland, Boston, new York, and Milwaukee battling for two spots.

The Knicks are an amare or melo injury away from being on that outside looking in.

5. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I'm glad the trade was vetoed because I didn't want soft Gasol on this team anyway with his big contract I still don't like Stern and think what he did was dirty especially during the lockout. The team still hasn't been sold and Paul's gone so what did he accomplish? oh yeah helping the Clippers be relevant finally. I'm just saying that you can't rule out the possibility of a trade (just because Stern vetoed one trade) for Gordon with his injury and the team rebuilding especially with them getting 2 lottery picks in '12.

6. darmor90

darmor90 Member

Well first off, Martin does have value to the Hornets obviously since they were willing to trade for him. Eric Gordon is definitely better than Martin, but the deal isn't straight up. The NYK pick comes into play as an asset, as of right now that would be pick #9. So the Hornets would rebuild with 3 lottery picks in a strong draft and Kevin Martin, rather than Gordon and two lottery picks. 09' flyers and Kaman are not really big in this deal other than to balance out contracts. They are all expirings.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

I hope Gordon decides he wants out of New Orleans and isn't willing to re-sign there. Just to make Stern look like an idiot.

8. forty4487

forty4487 Member

saw this on Five trades for Paul Pierce just now. Martin & Hill for Pierce?

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

and I hope we offer him some money and ship martin out

10. Red&BlackPudman

If we could do it with Jordy that would be money. Our defense would improve drastically starting Clee.

11. forty4487

forty4487 Member

For starters, I think you pull the trigger on the deal, no question, but who do you stick behind Clee in the depth charts? We've been trying this Lowry-Dragic adaptation. We have TWill, but he's fairly inconsistent. He hasn't gotten much playing time lately, but he's also never proven himself. With Bud, Parsons, and Morris in the d-league, would we have too many SFs with the addition of Pierce? Do you pull the trigger on another trade with Bud/Twill/Flynn to try and grab a backup SG?

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

So the Celtics would play Ray Allen and Kevin Martin at the same time? Lol

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

They would probably trade away Ray if Pierces gets traded.

14. forty4487

forty4487 Member

The group of articles was basically talking about blowing up the Celtrics. What I posted was just about Pierce. I think they'd be dropping several other veterans in the process.

15. senter

senter Member

I don't know what that source is but its hard to take that trade suggestion seriously when they state that Martin was going to the Lakers in the rejected trade, seemingly call Scola and Delembert "youngsters", and first claim that Kevin Martin is regressing which is why we should get rid of him, but then say that he is showing signs that he is returning to form, which is why the Celtics should want him... :confused:

In any case, it is an interesting idea, especially if Hill is the piece we send out. Don't know how much Pierce has left in the tank though. Also, we don't have future hall of famers surrounding him like he has in Boston. Remember how bad they were before the big trade? I think I'd rather hang on to Martin...

Also, I was reading Michael Wallace's ESPN chat and saw this Q&A;

I thought this was interesting. Made me revisit some AI scenarios that were tossed around earlier.

Not sure Philly would do this upon first glance but if you think about it a bit it makes some sense.

Houston Sends:
    Chase Bundinger
    Marcus Morris
    Hasheem Thabeet
    Terrence Williams
    NY Pick

Philly Sends:
    Andre Iguodala

Houston gets AI, an established star SF who would be a GREAT tandem with Kmart (to make up for his D)

Philly gets their knock down shooter (Bud), promising lotto pick Marcus Morris, a center to alleviate Hawes' injury, T-Will...uh... (filler), and that NY pick, which we would be selling high on now (the sooner we trade it the higher its value will be. I don't see the Knicks realistically dropping below NJ, Charlotte, Washington, Toronto, New Orleans, Sacremento...etc. so the value will either remain the same or go down). As well as the opportunity to develop Turner more.

What do you all think? Philly says no? Don't like the inclusion of the pick for us?

16. forty4487

forty4487 Member

John Carroll on ESPN Insider. I'm fairly certain it is only talked about in the hypothetical and we're the 5th best fit in the article.

17. forty4487

forty4487 Member

I think Parsons and Lowry are our only attractive trade pieces right now in terms of talent. I don't see a winning team trading away for that little in return.

18. joesr

joesr Member

I have no doubts in my mind those 6 will in the race, but not in that order and not neesarrily in the top 6 of that bracket either.

But as for Knicks, they arent arent making it

19. fattz

fattz Member

PLAYERS:
    SammyD - not that bad of a contract 7M with a team option for next season
    Budinger - off year but makes less than 1M a year with a team option for next season

PLAYERS/CONTRACTS:
    Lee- last year of contract 2.2M
    Dragic- last year of contract 2.1M

CONTRACTS:
    all the 2009'ers expiring contracts

PLUS the rights to:
    Donatas Motiejunas
    Sergio Llull

I think there is a lot of attractive trade pieces right now in terms of talent on really nice contracts, too.

20. leebigez

leebigez Member

I'm down wity any trade as long as scola and martin are part of it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.