1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

The Grizzlies would laugh for 10 minutes and hang up.

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Mo Williams is not a bad contract.
    I doubt they'd even trade him for Kevin Martin straight up.

Derrick Favors is good. You aren't going to get him for bench guys/maybies and a low pick.
    I don't know that the Rockets have what it takes to get him. They don't really need mid round projects at this point, especially bigs.
    Lamb+Toronto pick+Parsons? Probably still no.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Ha ha ha ha.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I wouldn't even trade Lamb for Favors.... Much less that package.

At this point, we just need to sit tight and wait for the next cluster of stars to break free and get one on the cheap.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

If you want a 30 cents / dollar trade, focus on Dwight. Other teams won't donate you their best assets.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

But yes, I wouldn't do that trade either (from either team's perspective).

7. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Philly would swap Iggy for Martin in a heartbeat.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

People under value KMart immensely out here. He still has a plenty of value for several teams. Not too long ago, he was a top 5 SG in this league. It is just unfortunate that we have a coach who cannot run plays to utilize our best scorer effectively.

9. Rockets_4_life

Well to be fair, I didn't say that trade package would get him, I just said that it would take a trade package like that for the Jazz to even consider it.

But yeah, I don't think truthfully the Rockets can land Favors. I think he's pretty close to untouchable in Utah.

10. rocketseagles07

K-mart is a scorer and thats it and now that the rules have changed he's really only effective as a jump shooter. How does the league undervalue him? He's one dimensional.....

11. rocketseagles07

^^^ I forgot to mention he's getting paid 12 mil, not bad for a player who only does one thing well I don't care if it is scoring....

12. larsv8

larsv8 Member

He is an elite scorer and is worth 12 million dollars.

The idiotic roller coaster of Rocket fans player valuations is just that...idiotic.

Superstar or scrub are the only two stops on that roller coaster apparently.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

it's 13 mil really. if Gerald Wallace can get 4/40, then Martin at 13 mil expiring is nice.
    You get Bird rights and can resign him for less next year, presumably.
    If he was a 13 mil per / multi-year deal, it would be yuck. Especially considering health.

Idk what you can get for him. The Blazers got #6 for Wallace's expiring. But that's a robbery.
    depends on who's desperate.
    but if you use him in a Howard trade, he's just an expiring, like Chris Kaman in the CP3s trade. The Magic won't value him.

14. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

No they wouldn't. Doug Collins would never allow it.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Member

They have offered him straight up last offseason and were declined by the Rockets, in lieu of the Gasol/Nene path.

Collins is a coach. GM's make personnel decisions.

16. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

I'm saying that Collins would rather resign than have the Sixers trade Iguodala on his watch.

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

Martin's value hasn't dropped since then? He had arguably his worst season as a starter 17 on a meager 41% shooting while Iggy appeared in his first all star game.

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

firstly, are we sure that offer happened and in that exact shape.

second, i think Collins wouldn't be THAT upset about an Iggy trade.
    they've clashed plenty.
    and he has similar weapons, or at least on their way to be similar.
    it's all about what they get. Martin makes some sense in terms of fit, but you'd have an older, less reliable (health wise) player.
    now if you add a young quality project big or two, it makes a lot of sense for them to bite.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Member

GMs, unlike fans don't make decisions based the players numbers the prior year. They make it based on a players skillset and how that would fit in thier system.

Martin was due a bad year based on moving away from a motion system, which philly still uses. They are also sitting on turner who is being hindered by iggy. They are also looking for outside shooting.

Trading iggy for Martin is a slam dunk for them.

This whole value dropping thing is fan driven nonsense.

20. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

Plus it is just an internet message board rumor that should be taken with a big grain of salt...

I'm pretty sure posters here would say someone like Gasol's value has dropped off quite a bit, so we should probably be fair and assume the same for Martin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.