1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2010-11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 22, 2010.

?

Do you think Josh Smith could fit with the Rockets and fill our defensive void?

1. Yes

460 vote(s)
    70.9%
  2. No

95 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. No Way we need someone else

94 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I don't think the Jazz will pull the trigger if you replace Bell with Miles ... otherwise I would do this trade in a heartbeat! But I think Utah will ask the 14th pick instead of the 23rd, if they are giving us the 3rd pick.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Would you trade Martin for Iguodala?

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

If his knee checks out, then sure. His contract is way higher than Kevin's, but he is great at everything but shooting, which is Kevin's specialty. I would prefer Turner, but I know Philly won't give up on him after 1 year.

If the Rockets traded up in the draft for, say, a pick between #4 and #7, would you try to offer the pick plus filler for Evan Turner? Or would you keep the pick?

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

How about something centered around

Scola

for

Moute

5. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Mbah a Moute is a free agent, so he can't be traded, though I probably wouldn't do it anyway.

I'm open to trading Scola, but he's beening undervalued here lately. He's worth more than the #10 pick in this years draft.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I want to see AI and Kmart together!

Scola+Budinger+Miller+#23 for AI.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Love it!!!:cool:

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Throw in Hill or T-Will for #16.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Here are a couple of trades that may( or may not ) interest some of you.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3tdgdzz

Trade 1 sends Martin, Hill and #23 to the Wolves for Milicic, Flynn, Randolph and #2 (possibly a future pick as well).???

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3wbmzf9

These i will call 2a and 2b: 2a sends Lowry, Bud, TE(5 MIL.) and #38 to the Raps for Linas Kleiza and #5. 2b sends Scola to the Pacers for James Posey and #15.

#2 Enes Kanter
    #5 Bismack Biyombo/ Vesely( or best PG available )
    #14 Chris Singleton( or best two way SF available )
    #15 Marshon Brooks

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

11. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I'd do that.

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

In light of the comments from this morning's press conference about the Rockets looking to make the playoffs next season--something I think is absolutely NOT just company spin doctoring--I am trying to move away from too many trades involving Kevin Martin or Luis Scola and looking to "smaller" deals that may still accomplish the purposes for which the Rockets would look to make a deal in the first place.

Here's one of them (draft-related):

Phoenix gets: Jordan Hill, #23 pick
    Charlotte gets: #13 pick, #14 pick
    Houston gets: #9 pick, $2.67M TPE

The Suns get a local product in Hill, who is still developing and could be a nice PF/C in an up-tempo style like Phoenix runs, all for moving back 10 spots in the draft, where they could likely get a comparable player, anyway.

Charlotte gets multiple late lottery picks in exchange for their mid-lotto pick. That team needs all the help it can get, as their depth isn't very good.

Houston moves up into the top 10, can perhaps get a mid- to long-term impact player in the draft, while clearing their logjam at the PF/C spots (hopefully paving the way for re-signing Chuck Hayes) and reducing the roster glut that having three draft picks would have caused. They also generate another Traded Player Exception.

NOTE: This trade would be conditioned on a player falling to #9 who the Rockets liked enough to want to move up. (Possibly Interesting Note: Morey tried to move up from #14 to #9 in last year's draft in order to draft Patrick Patterson but couldn't get the deal done. Fortunately, after also failing to move up to #10 and #12, Patterson fell into the Rockets' laps at #14, anyway.)

Just a thought. I'm bored.

13. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Sounds good, fair. I like it. :)

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Not a bad proposal, Bima. I think a deal like that would hinge on the Suns -- they are rebuilding. Would they want to move down 9 spots just to pick up Jordan Hill? I'm not sure... Hill is a role player at best, it might be better for them to swing for the fences @13 instead of picking up a role player + #23.

Interesting, nonetheless.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3qrwkt5

To Rockets: Al Jefferson, Raja Bell
    To Utah: 14th Pick, 23rd Pick, Brad Miller, Thabeet, T. Williams.

The Rockets get a guy who had success under McHale. Utah save money and/or get some draft picks and young players to work with.

16. BimaThug

Supporting Member

Yeah, I was thinking about the Rockets potentially looking at Al Jefferson. My general concern, however, is that getting Al Jefferson may basically foreclose the Rockets' ability to sign a major free agent in 2012 and/or accomplish a sign-and-trade deal.

Sure, I know it's a long-shot to be able to sign a superstar as a free agent, but the current salary cap flexibility the Rockets have come 2012 would be completely lost.

Also, not so sure what Utah will do with FOUR first round picks in this year's draft.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I am confused at the contradiction?

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Doubt they would trade Hill without seeing what McHale could do with him firts.

19. BimaThug

Supporting Member

There are players who could be available at #9 (if they "slip") but who won't be on the board by #13.

On the other hand, there are comparable talents available anywhere from, say, #11 to the mid- to late 20s.

Again, so much depends on what the Rockets' (and the Suns') draft board looks like.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A few thoughts:

1. I don't think Morey is really concerned about "cap room" per se. Afterall, he didn't create cap room to go after Bosh (as it turns out, it wasn't lack of cap room that killed their chances at Bosh, either).

2. As for S&T: First of course everything depends on the next CBA. However, assuming the changes are not too crazy, wouldn't Al Jefferson, if he plays well as a Rocket, be a very good trade chip in a S&T for a "major free agent"-- that is, unless Al does so well that you's rather keep him? His contract, after all, lasts for only 1 year after the next and is big enough for salary matching purposes in a trade for an expensive player.

3. Utah may not want 4 picks, but they can package 2 or more of them to move up olr trade them for players or future draft picks. Otherwise, I'm OK with giving them NYC's 2012 pick instead of one or both of the 2011 picks (I think you can do it under the Stepien Rule as long as a 1st round draft pick is made by HOU first before the trade).

Anyhow, I have some big concerns about Jefferson, particularly his D and his salary, but he might be our best bet to gamble on getting a top shelf player right now. Guys who are better (Dwight Howard, etc.) or cheaper (DeMarcus Cousins, etc.) are not being shopped. He's certainly more of a sure thing, and probably has higher ceiling, than even some of the rookies you can draft with a pick at/near the top of the draft.