1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2010-11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 22, 2010.

?

Do you think Josh Smith could fit with the Rockets and fill our defensive void?

1. Yes

460 vote(s)
    70.9%
  2. No

95 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. No Way we need someone else

94 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. joesr

joesr Member

They want the midget. Take away scrub, add Lee which Minny isnt strong at the 2 and Hill. That might work.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

If morey decides to start blowing up the roster to try and rebuild.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=45l8sly

We get Alrdich and Harden, two awesome pieces to try and rebuild around and a cheerleader for a year in scalabrini ha And Bulls and Thunder get the pieces they need to contend.

Asik would be the type of defensive center they need and Scola as a third option would make them incredible.

Bulls get Lee who they want and a backup point to rest Rose a little more. Some picks could also make things even for people.

4. joesr

joesr Member

chicago already said no for lee to asik.....

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

A journalist said no :)

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Is it me or does it really hold true that Morey isn't going to try to make the playoffs this season. He should know that with a new CBA he isn't going to take on big contracts, and there is really no point in trying to make the playoffs when you are so many games behind the 8th seed.

Morey will do the sensible thing and build for the future this off-season.

I'm guessing he'll bring in a few 2012 expirings and a few picks/young players. thats all.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Carl Landry and Samuel Dalembert ...

We all know that one of the few teams that would pay a pretty penny for Aaron Brooks is Sacramento, our old friend.

I couldn't help but notice that in Samuel Dalembert's rare start tonight with Sac, he put up a huge 18 & 15 double-double and effectively defended the paint with 3 blocks. Could he be our own Tyson Chandler? He is expiring, and we could probably sign him on the cheap in the offseason. We would have the first bid, at the least.

We all know that Carl Landry is a 6th man of the year candidate when used properly. He would fix our bench production immediately, without question.

Sacramento would love to grab Brooks (I don't know why) for this package + expirings. You could probably milk even more out of them Morey style.

1. Kyle Lowry
    2. Kevin Martin
    3. Shane Battier
    4. Luis Scola
    5. Samuel Dalembert
    ----------------------------------
    6. Carl Landry

If we can score a Nene or Granger to go with this group, we might be in the mix...

I feel like this deal is in Morey's pocket already, just in case all goes to hell...

8. RocketMania1991

Neither of those players make us a contender or playoff caliber team in the Western Conference.

Landry is undersized and can be easily exploited on the defensive end.

Dalembet is "eh".

I'd rather continue then downfall then try and raise up to mediocrity like we have in previous years.

9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Carl is a proven commodity in our system. A solid 15 to 20 points off the bench. 6th man of the year candidate for a bench that is plain awful, sound pretty intriguing. We could use Chuck as a backup C in that second group, which would help us out a TON.

Are we sure that Tyson Chandler is a better player than Samuel Dalembert?
    Or better yet, Can Samuel Dalembert bring to us, what Tyson brings to the Mavs? Dalembert has always been the better rim protector out of the two.

I understand what you are saying about rebuiling though, I could roll with that as well.

10. AggieRocketsFan

11. Rockets_4_life

Hell to the ****ing NO, on Carl Landry..

Dalembert on the other hand, isn't a bad option..

I'd still prefer Hassan Whiteside(7'0/ 7'7 wingspan), from the kings, I can see him developing into a Deandre Jordan type of player within the next couple of years..

12. Prince

Prince Member

Get 'er done Morey!

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Goodbye Chuck Hayes :(

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Meet the best backup Center in the league, Chuck Hayes...

He would be perfect with Carl in an uptempo line-up, I think.

I feel like Sam Dale and Landry are both better trade assets compared to Brooks at this point...

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Say what? I'm one of the bigger Landry fans around, but you don't give up Hayes to get him and Dalembert. You try to work it out so your front-court depth becomes Dalembert-Hayes-Miller at C and Scola-Landry-Patterson at 4.

It's an interesting idea. I don't think it will fly, because I think we can do better.

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Exactly, but maybe we can do both.

Dalembert and Landry would be a hell of a nice bench to go to.

(Especially if we are starting say Nene and Luis, or Nene and Chuck)

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sign me up for that, but I'm still too cynical to hope for anything.

Also 7 solid frontcourt guys is almost too much, and I don't think you can deal Miller.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Why would the kings give anything for brooks when they can just sign him in the offseason? You dont think they can get more than brooks for Dalembert?

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's been talked about already...lately it doesn't appear brooks is going anywhere and not sure why'd we'd want landry without giving up some of our pfs...too many already and it's keeping the young ones from growing.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

For one, they are the high bidder (according to you).

Trading for him cuts Houston's matching capability out potentially getting him for cheaper in the long term.

If they want Brooks in the offseason, they have no idea what Houston will and will not match. They have to potentially overpay to prevent Houston from matching.

If they trade for him, they can lowball him and wait and see if he gets another offer from another team and either match or let him go. Since teams dont really have much money to spend this offseason, the league is stacked with PGs and Brooks value is low, its unlikely he gets a very good offer.