1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2010-11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 22, 2010.

?

Do you think Josh Smith could fit with the Rockets and fill our defensive void?

1. Yes

460 vote(s)
    70.9%
  2. No

95 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. No Way we need someone else

94 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. delta69er

delta69er Member

I really don't think we need more guards, and O'Neal is WAYYY past his prime. We need a center whos at least fairly young

2. Sanity2disChaos

I was thinking the same thing earlier......!!! I know Battier doesnt want to leave but I dont think he would object going to Boston to help them win another championship....better Celts then the Fakers I say!! Although I would want that young Center they have sitting behind all those old bigs. Forgot his name but he is from another country #86 I think.......IT IS WRITTEN.

3. worzel gummidge

[​IMG]
    Rockets get their starting C of the next few years.

[​IMG]
    An each way bet. A vet in Dunleavy to make a playoff push but mostly to get dump Miller's for expiring contracts.

Sign Magnum Rolle

Lowry, Ridnour, Smith
    Martin, Dunleavy, Williams
    Battier, Budinger,
    Scola, 2Pat, (Rolle), Jones
    Ibaka, Hayes, Rolle, Yao

2011-12
    Lowry, Ridnour, Smith
    Martin, Williams
    Budinger
    Scola, 2Pat, (Rolle)
    Ibaka, Rolle

4. joesr

joesr Member

If our rosters stay the same after trade deadline.

Offer a fronting contract to either Perkins or Gasol (where the other team might not match).

With the probability that Carmelo ends up in NYK, do a SnT for Chandler. Offer Scola. Big 3 of Melo, Scola and Amare.

Brooks and Lee for OJ Mayo.

Make Martin a 6th man with starter minutes. OJ Mayo's defense will help in starting line up.

Lowry
    Mayo
    Chandler
    Patersen
    Perkins or Gasol

6th Man - Martin

Maybe, just maybe we can offer Lowry for rights to Rubio.

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

With Brooks' cap hold/Mayo's salary, and with Chandler's salary likely to be somewhat in the vicinity of Scola's, and with the salary cap likely to decline under the new CBA, I seriously doubt that the Rockets would have the cap room necessary to structure a front-loaded contract for Gasol or Perkins that Memphis/Boston wouldn't be willing to match.

Now, if you're willing to kiss goodbye to Yao, Brooks and Battier (maybe also Hayes), THEN you could take that approach. But then you couldn't make your Mayo trade.

Just saying, is all.

6. joesr

joesr Member

Thank you for the info BT. Curious, but I know Yao has said he is willing to sign for less with the rockets, did less come with a price range? I'm not willing to part with Hayes. And Yao depending on that 'less' signing.

7. Stilldream'n34

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4pebse8

I think Milwaukee considers Bogut untouchable but would probably entertain offers for a hefty price. The question for Houston is, is this deal too hefty?

With this deal the Bucks turn their franchise over to Jennings as the focal point and the Rockets give up young talent to help them build around him. The combined expiring contracts of Yao and Redd would give them a ton of cap space! Maybe even add some picks or draft considerations

The Rockets would give up some young talent but would acquire their hard sought franchise Center and some servicable players.

C-Bogut/Hayes/Miller
    PF-Scola/Gooden
    SF-Maggette/Williams/Brockman
    SG-Martin/Lee
    PG-Lowry/Brooks/Smith

Hayes/Brooks resign

Jeffries/Battier trade or let expire

Not a real splash move but allows the Rockets to keep most of their core while adding a quality Center and giving this team a chance to compete without rebuilding

8. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

- Trade Yao Ming, Chase Budinger, & Jordan Hill to the Indiana Pacers for Danny Granger & Jeff Foster.

- Trade Kyle Lowry, Shane Battier, Jared Jeffries, & a future second round draft pick to the LA Clippers for Baron Davis & Chris Kaman.

Houston Rockets: Depth Chart
    PG Baron Davis / Aaron Brooks / Ish Smith
    SG Kevin Martin / Courtney Lee
    SF Danny Granger / Terrence Williams
    PF Luis Scola / Chuck Hayes / Patrick Patterson
    IC Chris Kaman / Brad Miller / Jeff Foster

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6793gyu

LAKERS Receive : Wallace and Hill
    Lakers Send : Bynum

Rockets Receive : Bynum
    Rockets Send : Brooks, Hill and Jeffries

Bobcats Receive : Brooks and Jeffries
    Bobcats send : Wallace

After this trade
    Rockets send Ariza Exception to LA and take on Artests Contract

Lineup would be

Lowry/Ish /
    Martin / Lee / T Will
    Artest/ Battier / Buddinger
    Scola/ Ppat
    Bynum / Hayes / Miller

This trade would be perfect for our team in my opinion especially if Artest could get his head on straight. It does things for all of the teams.

It gives Bobcats some financial relief while giving them Brooks.
    It gives the Lakers Wallace who is a stud and allows them to get rid of Artest.
    It gives the Rockets size in the paint and some added toughness with Artest.

10. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

No idea, buddy. I'm hoping that he'll take whatever form of "new MLE" there might be under the new CBA.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4kc5rr9

Hou Sends
    Aaron Brooks
    Jared Jeffries
    Jordan Hill

Hou Receives
    Oj Mayo
    Thabeet

Line/up

OJ Mayo / Lowry
    Kevin Martin / Lee
    Battier / Bud / Williams
    Scola / Patterson
    Hayes/ Thabeet / Miller

Trade 2

Houston Sends
    Battier
    Miller
    Lee

Houston Recieves from Chicago
    Asik
    Deng

Final Lineup - In my opinion this is a perfect mixture of Youth with Potential and veterans to take this team in the future. We get rid of Miller's contract and have to part with Lee but in return we get a big man we so need and we get a bad contract but good piece in Luol Deng. We send Battier to a team that with him and Lee put in could really threaten in the East. You take the risk on Mayo and hope he develops into that star that he appeared to be. He wants to play Pg and could become a huge mismatch at 6 foot 4. This shortens our rotation and allows us to move on from the past and start a new future. This also gives us Thabeet who has been a disappointment so far but maybe with the right coaching he could turn it around.

OJ Mayo / Lowry
    Martin/ Twilliams
    Deng / Buddinger
    Scola / Patterson
    Asik / Hayes / Thabeet

1 person likes this.
  12. Stilldream'n34

I was hoping to get some feed back on this potential trade. I've never heard of Bogut being available but he would be worth pursuing. Currently leads the league in blocked shots and averages a double double. Thoughts?

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I would love Bogut but thats overpaying in my opinion.

Eating 2 poison contracts and giving up 3 prospects is just way to much for an injury prone player in my opinion. Perhaps if it were an extender superstar than okay, but Bogut/Martin/Mags/Gooden/Scola is 50+ million in itself for multiple years.

14. joesr

joesr Member

would have to trade Scola, let pat and hayes take care of the 4. trade Lowry for the rights to Rubio :)

15. faraza84

faraza84 Member

didn't bogut say he's still having pain and thinks he came back too early.

16. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Hopefully this concept is already in effect with the Rockets and if not it may be kinda late considering the trade expiration date is so close.

I believe it should be essential for Mangement and the Coach to have a private discussion with each player to get their opinions on what would help the team WIN right now (even if that means adding and subtracting).

The players are the parts that make the Engine work every game and they can certainly provide Valuable Insight because of what they Experience, Know, Feel, etc.

To an extent, most of the Players/Employees feed off of other players when it comes to performance, so I think that it would be Highly Beneficial to gain as much Understanding, Perspective, Awareness when making roster changes, etc.

Communication, Understanding, Perspective, Awareness, etc. is usually Very Important and in most cases Essential for the Success of an Employer/Employee based relationship.

#2516 djperm, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  17. joesr

joesr Member

I think you meant addition by subtraction. we have too many players right now!

18. djperm

I meant that we can Upgrade by adding new players and therefore we would have to remove some players (inactive and or active). :cool:

19. joesr

joesr Member

guess its hard to see sarcasm on the forums but I still like my sarcasm better!! add one, minus 2 sounds good?

20. djperm

Then just add a Real Good One ok ;)