1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

When making a trade who can the Rockets trade where it

won't effect the team much:
    Luther Head, Brent Barry, Mutombo. Francis,

change the team some:
    Chuck Hayes, Rafer Alston

So I wouldn't suggest considering anyone else as trade bate!! :p

PS As soon as Battier is ready to play we should sign Mutombo /or make a trade for possible starting Point Guard and /or Back up Center.
    Ron Artest would become a second team player where he would have a better chancer of adapting to Rockets Basketball.

Yao Ming is playing too much!

2. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

3. dizign

dizign Member

rafer and chuck for tinsley

sign deke

4. chidelt06

chidelt06 Member

We don't need to trade. You guys need to stop implementing fantasy sports into real sports. This team will improve every month of the season and will be fantastic at the end.

FYI: We won the game last night because of our PG play.

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

How about Boris Diaw? He seems like he would fit perfectly in Adelman's offense.

6. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

So we are supposed to get rid of a double-double for an overweight bench warmer that doesn't fit our system because it will help him get in shape and somehow he is supposed to help us so much that Kaman is his back up.

We are supposed to git rid of our starting point guard, for a short shoot first point guard so that we are undersized at the point EVERY GAME. And throw in their highest scorer. Did you think that there might be a reason New York isn't a good basketball team other than just the coach's.

You know what is common factor of all these guys...their teams suck.

Let me say this and make it real clear. There will never come a day that Yao will be a memeber of another NBA team. Even if Yao stunk every game, he is a cash cow with the Chinese community. Every memeber of the Rockets can get traded and you will still see Yao.

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

When trading, you are not going to find a team like Boston or the Lakers trading good pieces right now. And you won't find teams that are rebuilding trading good pieces right now. The only teams you can trade with are those whose results are somewhat disappointing. Oh and I've admitted that Yao will never get traded - but I think he should if the offer is right.

Crawford and a deeper bench is what I was going for. We have some weak links in our starting pg, our backup sg and our backup (or lack thereof) center. And Crawford can put points on the board, pass and play D. He can play the 1 or 2 position. He averages more than Yao or Tracy right now and with a % of that almost equal to Yao and 6% points better than TMac.

And if you think Rafer is better than Nate well then I don't know what to tell you. He's younger, has better handles a good passer and spreads the floor. Yes he's undersized but he's still better than any pg we have and he's only going to get better. Assists? Even on this team that "sucks", that "shoot first" pg is averaging the same as Rafer - as a bench player. And don't make me compare shooting percentages (but I will - 48 vs 34 :eek: ) or the fact that Nate averages 14 vs Rafer's 8 ppg - again - as a bench player. If I have a guy hitting more shots (%) than ANYONE on the rockets, I want that guy shooting. Heck, I'd want Yao to pass up his dunk "attempt" so Nate can hit the 3. The only bad thing is he is in a contract year and he will cost you to keep him next year.

Now there is the obvious downside - you won't have a seat selling center who will get you 18/10 but while those numbers may slide down to 13/10 (Kaman can start but I think Eddie has the potiential to be the starter but even if Eddie is just a backup, I think Kaman can average that by himself), I think there are 5 more points in (Crawford and Nate) vs Rafer. In fact I think you can probably add 15 points to that and still be way low.

Oh and that NY team that "sucks" has the same record (including a win against Utah) as the Rockets.

And Zeke is not running the team anymore so the deal will never happen.

8. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! you guys think rafer is bad haha wait till you see tinsley play plus to give up the chuckwagon ill pass

9. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

Head + Francis for anyone 6'10" and up. Then sign Deke.

10. jondoe

jondoe Member

11. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

Im faithful in Francis,dont want him leave,but I'm a Rockets fan(not like Francis only)

12. alcatrazpsycho

Sean Williams is 6'10". I like that kid. Averaged 1.5 blocks in 17 minutes per last season. No need for Deke.

13. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

First, never said Rafer was better. Can't stand Rafer and I've wanted him off this team for years. However, I stick by my statement, we don't need another short pg, he's not that great of a defender. I want an upgrade in pg, not what I consider to be a step sideways.

Eddy Curry has talent, but so does everyone else in NBA, that's why they are there. The difference is that he's a lazy but and gets outplayed by Yao everytime. He has low...and I mean low BB IQ and not enough talent to make up for it. Plus, I don't want a guy on my team that might keel over and die at any moment because of a heart condition..which he is believed to have had.

Crawford is another T-Mac with more durability and less sense. Another lazy player with low BBIQ. He makes T-Mac look like Ron and Shane on the defenseive end and we all know how lax T-Mac can be on D. The dude doesn't play any kind of defense. It's easy to put up numbers on a bad team, if he put up those numbers on a contender, he'd be untouchable and he's not.

Second, New York is still New York. They made the best two decisions ever by dropping Marbury and letting Eddy Curry sit. Beyond that, I would turn to stone if they made the playoffs this year. New York is not a good team, the players that are playing well are on a bad team and don't have to go against the best in the west. They get teams like Washington, New Jersey, Charlotte, beating these teams isn't a big deal. The only thing they can hang their hat on so far is beating Utah, that's it.

Bottom line is that Yao will never be traded. The Rockets will never trade T-Mac because you'll never get value in return. The team made their bed when they traded for him. The only time you might see T-Mac on another team is when his contract is up and he wants more money than the Rockets are willing to pay. Either way, trading T-Mac or Yao is saying it's time to rebuild.

The focus is on getting pg help and big man help. Big men are expensive and Deke can get the job done. We can figure out the future later. Rafer can be traded for a bag of chips as far as I'm concerned. I think we will have to give away good talent if we want a real upgrade at the point. I didn't have much faith in AB last year of him being very good, but he's starting to make me a believer.

14. worzel gummidge

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/nets/archives/2008/11/nother_glorious.html
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-clipperfyi12-2008nov12,0,2130707.story
    http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hHb_HkyP9Aq7-lqRSVXlib88sY4g
    [​IMG]

May is obviously in Larry Brown's doghouse. If the the Bobcats are that desperate to add another big...

Alston +Hayes
    for Felton +Ajinca

This is would be a salary dump for the Rockets. For this trade to work Brooks would have to have increased his minutes and Deke signed.

Following this trade with another to get under LT:

Head +Francis +draft rights to Weis & Lishouk
    for Rodriguez +Diogu +draft rights to Freeland & Koponen/one of their four 2009 2nd round draft picks.

Another salary dump but one where the Rockets can pick future asset/s.
    Diogu has been declared a bust by Pritchard and is currently collecting DNPs while Rodriguez is more or less a bust according to McMillan's depth chart. Portland dodge a potential volatile situation and dump Rodriguez's future salary as they picked up his option for next season before his agent went public with a trade demand.

15. karmapolice119

no to sean may, that guy is a bust.

On espn rumor central, it states that the nets are looking to trade sean williams. We should definitely get him. He can rebound, dunk, and block shots, as well as being from houston (or somewhere close.)

16. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I like sean williams but hes a power foward and we have 4 of them right now. If we can get him for luther head then do it IMO and then hopefully get deke back and then back the big man position where if you dont rebound or defend you dont play. In the long run this is the position that needs to be addressed it is a BIG weakness we are just to weak down low. I'm going to be uneasy all year until something is done.

17. jondoe

jondoe Member

I think Rafer and Brooks are a decent pg combo. There are reasons why other teams want to get rid of their players such as Tinsley. Brooks is getting more time and probably will get more time when Rafer struggles. WE NEED SIZE + athleticism at the four. Maybe a big PF that can play Center too. I'd give up Scrubola and/or Head. You gotta give up something to get something. Scrubola can score in the post, Head can shoot. Chicago needs a post scorer. Most teams need shooters.

18. alcatrazpsycho

Who's playing back up for Yao now? Exactly.

Deke? I love how everyone is crying "bring Deke back bring Deke back", when really, he was virtually ineffective until Yao had his season-ending injury.

Are we preparing to lose Yao again? Should we be?

Sean Williams is 6'10", so he's not that small. Plus he's a blocking monster. He's young. He'd be a hometown hero.

What does that mean for Chuck Hayes and Joey Dorsey's future? That's a different story. Quite frankly I could care less.

19. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

That's really only because Adelman refused to play him. Ironic that we were scared to use him as a backup and then had to rely on him as the starter because of it. :(

20. duel128ttvusa

duel128ttvusa Member

No way they will give up Josh Boone for Head, Boone is too good a player to give up for that little.
    But I think the trade between Sean and Head works for both team.
    Nets need a backup PG/SG, and we need a big man who can defense when Yao is chilling.