1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

it happened if the Nets manager got crazy~~~~

2. worzel gummidge

Can the Rockets get Steve Nash?

A trade based primarily around McGrady, Nash, and LaFrentz can work. Such a scenario would satisfy the points brought up in the quoted articles below.

There's also the Yao, Bill Duffy, Nash connection to get things working behind the scenes.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2009/02/11/20090211spt-sunsnb.html
    http://www.basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=538

3. mms

mms Member

We are just few bucks under LT ao we cannot help Suns financially.

4. worzel gummidge

[​IMG]

SUNS: get under LT which Sarver wants. Rafer keeps them competitive and they get two young pieces perhaps throw in some of Blazers second round picks.

ROCKETS: get Nash, stay under LT

BLAZERS: get their third cornerstone piece that they were hyping all off-season about acquiring with either LaFrentz's expiring contract or the FA money they no longer have this year. McGrady is a gamble but it'll only cost them LaFrentz, Batum who'll likely collect DNP's when Webster is back after the All Star break, and/or a few second round picks or draft rights to players who they have stockpiled and don't need or will need to trade away anyway. If McGrady is healthy next season he would be a Gasol type steal of a trade otherwise he'll be an big expiring contract which would again make them players at the trade deadline for 2010.

GRIZZLIES: make some cash as they done earlier with the Francis & Livingston trades.

5. AXG

AXG Member

Kidd shoots 39% from 3, 42% overall, and averages more rebounds and assists than either TMac or Alston. Plus he gets over two steals per game. And I mentioned his contract expires at the end of this season.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

BARF!!!

From Bill Simmons' annual Trade Value column. Take a look at what he suggests:

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

We don't have a #1 this year, but that aside...I don't think that suggestion is really "BARF!!!" worthy. Caron Butler is awesome.

8. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Only problem with the Caron deal is lack of PF/C. Scola plays quite a bit of center while Yao rests. Maybe another deal with Artest for a PF would satisfy all needs.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The "BARF" isn't so much about Butler as it is how this proposal would badly off-balance this team. After years of bad luck, overpaying average players and squandering draft picks we finally have the four covered. That's placing aside the simple fact that Scola has been our most consistent player, and quite frankly, deserves better from us. And as shaky as we are right now, part of me is terrified of this team without Scola or Battier's selfless contributions.

Butler is a good player, no doubt. I just don't think he's worth giving up Scola right now. If you want to talk Artest-for-Butler or some sort of lateral wing swap, i'd listen. We can't afford to lose Scola and furthermore i'm not interested in playing 'mad scientist' while we experiment to see if Butler can co-exist with Artest, T-Mac and all the drama already ongoing. Plus, he's injury prone. That's a terrible idea from our end, IMO.

10. ClutchCityReturns

ESPN has redesigned their trade checker...

Not sure yet if I like the change.

11. BigTex

BigTex Member

artest+rafer+head
    for
    baron davis + ricky davis

12. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Here's an old proposal, although not really a trade but more like a buyout. :p

[​IMG]

13. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Um yeah we saw that from Clutch like 2 weeks ago.

14. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Thats why I said it was an old proposal, god you guys are so uptight around here.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Chris Bosh to Houston
    Ron Artest, Luis Scola and Luther Head to Miami
    Mark Blount and Michael Beasley to Toronto

1. Why would Houston do this?
    1. They get a tall and athletic power forward that can rebound
    2. They get a tall and athletic power forward that can score
    3. They get a tall and athletic power forward that is under the age of 25 as of today
    4. They get a tall and athletic power forward that can guard the Boozers, Jeffersons, Gasols, and Nowitzkis of the west.

Aside from the obvious, it's pretty much a potential rent-to-own situation. If this pairing of Yao and Bosh becomes successful, Bosh has more of an incentive to stay in Houston after 2009/2010. If it doesn't work out, he can opt out and the Rockets still have flexibility by having that 15 mil off the books.

2. Why would Miami do this? Why wouldn't they just trade Marion instead?

Same reasons why Cleveland is bending over backwards by trading for players that can build and succeed around LeBron. Wade might or might not bolt after 2009/2010 and the group of veterans that they get back in this trade will do them more good than Blount and Beasley ever will this year. They can easily slide Artest into the starting 3 spot, start or bring Scola off the bench, and Head can play backup to Wade.

Chalmers
    Wade
    Artest
    Marion
    Magloire/Anthony

Then you can sit Magloire/Anthony and effectively put in a Scola or Haslem and play small ball. Need two low post bigs? Take out Marion and put both Scola and Haslem in.

3. "But it's Beasley!! That's insane!"

Riley never did like Beasley and looks like he still doesn't. Trading Beasley (while attaching Blount's contract) might be an admission that the Heat drafted incorrectly, but they won't need to stay in denial mode for years to come because
    1. They still retain Marion's expiring
    2. They get almost 10 mil more in expiring in Artest and Head
    3. They still retain a good power forward in Scola after everything's said and done

4. "For Toronto, is that enough for Bosh? A rookie on potential and a stiff at center?"

Beasley's potential and price tag should entice Colangelo enough. He's on a rookie contract and having a pass first point guard (Calderon) in a more uptempo game can only help Beasley. There's no shadow to be behind (Wade) and there's room to be the alpha dog. The Raptors is facing a lost season, their star player wants to bolt, and your city is not considered as one of the favorite places to go among free agents so why not bring in a young player that has star potential? Plus, you might get a high draft pick after this season to rebuild.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dl42gs

16. uchlha

uchlha Member

blazers get raped lol

17. joesr

joesr Member

As much as I would love having my two favorite palyers on the same team I dont think Miami is looking for another ending contract. I think they are thinking like Toronto and wanting the long term contracts. Also Beasly is a beast and as much as Bosh is one of fav's Beasly would be more helpful to the Rockets with his 3 point range.

18. King901

King901 Member

I like it if we get a draft pick with it. Good job putting this together and breaking it down.

19. drich

drich Member

here is a nice trade for us....the only thing is we are taking in a few longer term contracts....it would make us better i think..

Kirk Hinrich, Kenyon Dooling
    Vince Carter,Wafer, Head
    Ron Artest, Barry
    Scola, Landry, Hayes
    Yao, Deke

Everyone else is pretty much cutting salary for 2010 and Chicago is getting a younger back up pg....

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=acvbnt

[​IMG]

20. ClutchCityReturns