1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes of course. If that’s the best offer available.

Trading Eric Gordon now or at the trading deadline could extend the Harden era slightly through
    next year, Wall to an even greater extent at the trading deadline (can’t be traded right now).
    Unfortunately Tilman can’t take a chance of their value not going up. In a season not up against
    the hard cap, yes. Apparently no team wants Eric Gordon with our 2021 1st rd pick or we would
    have done it already.

Not sure Tilman wants to take a chance of any one of Harden, Wall or Eric Gordon sustaining a major injury.
    Re-signing of Gerald Green and Tucker extension are waiting in the wings. Today will be the day if a trade
    happens.

#1461 ApacheWarrior, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Let’s see what the situation will be at the trade deadline. EG has already shown he plays better with a stretch 5( Boogie).

3. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Man you are way overeating PJ and OG's values here.

fattz likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Didn't know Murray was an option. IF he is then he's the best you're going to get and can keep Rox relevant for next 8 years.

matchesmalone likes this.
  5. sydmill

sydmill Member

If I am the Rockets, the haul for James needs to include multiple draft picks, a franchise player to build around and cap relief (both because there is no reason to spend like a contender when you aren’t one and because TF allegedly could use some relief in the spending department. Inherent in this is that when you are a contender you have to be prepared to spend.). Therefore, my Harden trade is as follows:

https://tradenba.com/trades/5yDNYRg0T

Houston out: James, PJ & EG

Houston in:

Ben Simmons: I had to come around to Simmons. He is not the type of franchise player that James or LeBron or KD is. He is not likely to be the guy you count on to will you to the finals with a 50 point performance in game 7. He can be the straw that stirs the drink on a very good team. I do believe that he can be a more effective scorer and be a guy that elevates the play of those around him. Unlike Siakam, Brown or Herro I think he can be the best player on a title contender. That, plus the fact that I really like some of the complimentary pieces below, leads me to make the deal with Philly.

Matisse Thybulle: I know that there are a lot of Thybulle fans on here and it is easy to see why that is the case. A potential all nba defensive player on the perimeter that can credibly guard 1-3 with a burgeoning outside shot. Only 23 and under team control for at least 3 more seasons makes him the perfect complimentary piece for this rebuild.

Furkan Korkmaz: Korkmaz is really a lottery ticket in this deal. He is young (23) and on a one year deal (so he is really audtioning for Silas/Stone). Ideally Thybulle is the starting 2 guard with Korkmaz backing him up.

Paul Reed: Another lottery ticket here. Reed is a rookie big man who probably spends this season on the Vipers. Best case scenario: second coming of Christian Wood. Worst case: athletic depth piece on a cheap deal.

Harrison Barnes: I struggled with including the Sacramento portion of this deal rather than recoup the cap space from ditching Gordon. Ultimately, I don’t like the free agent class next year and see nobody I would want more than Barnes (who will be an efficient shooter next to Simmons even if he isn’t what he probably could have been given his tools). His deal is a year shorter than Gordons and is declining from here so there is still some savings there and he is a good fit. It seemed like a good bet to make considering the inclusion of a high SRP and another prospect in Woodard.

Robert Woodard: Yet another lottery ticket here. A 6’7’’, 235 lb. 2 guard with a 7’ wingspan and known for his hustle, Woodard is a guy who I would hope could be a guy at the back of the rotation who could play the 2-4 in a pinch and wouldn’t get laughed out of the building. Now, as a rookie, he could always develop into something much better but my expectations aren’t that high.

Draft picks: I went with Quantity over quality (aside from the '26 pick from Philly which could be good). Hopefully Stone would have more success moving up the board then Morey did given that he would be operating with a surplus of picks.

saleem likes this.
  6. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I admit that I haven’t seen much of Isaiah Thomas play recently but based on his stats from last year, couldn’t he be a viable option as a backup PG/SG?

Games- 40
    Games Started - 37
    MPG- 23.1
    Points- 12.2
    FG %- .408
    3% - .413
    Assists- 3.7
    TO- 1.9
    FT % - .816

What am I missing?

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Harden, Harris to Raptors

Lowry, Tucker to Philly

Siakam, McLemore to Nuggets

Harris, MPJ, Maxey, Nnaji, Cancar, 2 Nuggets 1st, 2 Philly 1st, 2 Raptors 1st to Houston

It’s the greatest 4 way Harden trade ever thought of

Wall / Maxey
    Harris / Gordon / Green
    House / Nwaba / Brown / Martin
    MPJ / Tate / Caboclo
    Wood / Cousins / Nnaji

Championship... er, solid rebuilding squad.

Erbnwarfare and catarax05 like this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

This isn’t a trade for now , but if at the deadline a few things happen then maybe it comes together .

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

To me , harden to Boston doesn’t make too much sense , of course they want him . Of course he is a great player . But ainge is a greedy b*stard and he’s not willing to cash in his chips unless he can 100 percent win .

the problem is kemba Walker . Uncertainty about how good he is and prolly doesn’t fit with harden . Imo if you’re Boston you really want to keep smart to pair with harden .

Houston wants centerpiece(s) to trade james. Brown is good , but not enough on his own . Boston needs to offer up the farm in terms of picks and maybe some young guys it already has (didn’t include in trade machine )

we both need a sucker .

enter Min . No way they trade KAT now . But perhaps they wanna change to build around Edwards in the future if he looks great . KAT is an offensive weapon , but defense is suspect ? Maybe he has a bad start to the year . Nba trade machine is busted on him, says he will be FA ... sportrac disagrees .

if he was gonna be a FA then the trade actually makes some sense if MIn can’t keep him .

as it stands , would Min take on a reclamation of Kemba Walker ( could be good) short contract And BOS draft assets . For kat ?

Not likely

but hey , if you could get brown and kat for harden and pj that would be OK .

Boston getting James and pj for brown and moving kemba is a steal .

just have to have enough draft assets and the situation has to be right to pick off another good young talent (in this case KAT)

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tucker's relationship with Harden gives him a little bit more clout with Rockets.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

OG just got extended for 18M.

saleem likes this.
  11. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I just mean the including 2 1sts to get him. I think those picks can be better used.

12. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I just mean adding 2 1sts to get him. I think those picks can be used in a better deal(like AG).

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

OG is worth 1 FRP but need another FRP to offload House and Clemons.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trade him for Aaron Gordon.

LFGGGGG!!!!

jch1911 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  15. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I could see a 2 to offload Clemons, but House doesn't have negative value like that.

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Can’t imagine a team taking the remainder of his contract.

Someone mentioned he played great defense on Donavan Mitchell.....but it’s the Lakers I worry
    about. Rockets can beat the Jazz without Eric Gordon now that Nwaba and Sterling Brown are
    with the team. It’s his minus 50-something vs the Lakers that gives cause to pause.

Won’t help that Silas has House starting and Eric Gordon coming off the bench (announced today)....but Silas is making the right call if he wants to win.

D-rock likes this.
  17. finsraider

finsraider Member

that will need to be a deadline deal at this point I think. We’ve got to get a quality guard to take EGos minutes IMO, and that will probably come via buyout.

D-rock likes this.
  18. saleem

An A for creativity. What does Sac get out of this proposed deal?

19. saleem

I think you’re thinking a bit too much about the minus 50 game. EG won’t have to guard Lebron with Nwaba and House around. He can guard 6”3-6’5” players just fine. I believe he will have a good year with Boogie off the bench. House is playing poorly. If he shines then EG and he can be packaged together along with PJ for a more significant player like Aaron Gordon plus a filler.

20. saleem

Please delete this post. I made an error here.

#1480 saleem, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020