1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven’t seen a single Brooklyn deal that I like. They are all terrible.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You may not have noticed that is what Harden is doing?? There is no equitable trade where we get a mega star in return...

There might just be a way to enter a rebuild with some assets by involving a 3rd team with the trash we don't want?

Corrosion likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol we have two years left on the deal, we will not be taking Brooklyn's trash. . We may not get full value for James Harden but that Brooklyn offer is bottom of the barrel trash.

The problem with your deal is that we still get hot garbage coming in and we get Brooklyn's trash picks. Sorry that's a bad deal my guy.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That's going to be the case with just about any team you swap him to. He's going to make them a playoff team & the picks will be mediocre at best.

I don't think there is a deal out there that keeps the Rockets a playoff team in the west. Harden leaves , this is a rebuild & the incoming players are really about as irrelevant as the Rockets themselves minus Harden. It'll be the 14th pick type seasons we saw when Les wouldn't let Morey tank it up..

I think the thing to do is get picks from a 3rd team somehow along with picks from the team Harden ultimately lands on and the structure of what @DrNuegebauer posted accomplishes that.

Ideally you'd send him to Charlotte for 4 picks and 3 swaps and he leaves in 2 years .... but the likelihood of that is slim to none and slim died of an overdose of stupid.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

BTW @Tristan_fiore I told you starting this thread with a Harden trade idea was a bad idea. You jinxed it.

D-rock likes this.
  6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Gordon, draft pick and pay tax to get Kevin love.

7. TheSource

TheSource Member

Harden for Simmons, Thybulle and/or Maxey, 2 first unprotected and 2 pick swaps I would take that deal

Grizzlyshark and D-rock like this.
  8. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Ill take Buddy Hield and De Aaron Fox for Harden

ipaman and saleem like this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Love this trade and this is my thinking as well.

Teams like Kings (Fox, Hield) or Spurs (Murray, Aldridge) or Grizz (Morant, Jackson) or Pels (Zion, Ingram), etc...

Give me a pair of under 25 young, exciting, up and coming studs for 31 y/o Harden and I make the move. Not sure those teams do but Harden is top 3 player right now and for at least a couple more years.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

L
    The Pelicans wouldn't trade Zion straight up for Harden. He's the new poster boy of the NBA. However the Pelicans do have like 20 first round picks to offer. That would be nice.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Right but most teams could field a better offer than Brooklyn.

It doesnt matter, you just need to get the best assets available that set you up for the future.

Ehhhhh maybe? What I can tell you is that this team you are speaking of is not Brooklyn and that the deal that dude is talking about is trash.

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just trade EGo + FRP(s) for AG, involve 3rd team if necessary.

Show Harden that Rockets are STILL seriously all in contending for championship.

jch1911 likes this.
  13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I think that's putting the cart before the horse. Don't trade for AG unless Harden is committed to staying. AG is a good player, but he's not a building block. Like Jeff Green he needs a superstar like Harden to play off of. I know you think getting AG would firm up some kind of commitment from Harden, but getting decent players like Wall, Wood, and Cousins seems to not to have swayed him very much yet.

By no means do I think AG would be dead weight if we traded EG and picks for him. He's better and younger, but if Harden ended up leaving in a trade later down the line I'd rather have the picks. The Harden situation makes it hard to go all in on immediate contention.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Disagree, AG is 25, he could still be easily flipped unlike EGo.

AG is also a good rebuild piece like Wood, its win-win either way.

jch1911 likes this.
  15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

AG can be flipped, but for the at least the price that we pay for him? I mean, we're attaching EG for salary matching purposes so I doubt we'd only need to give up a single pick. We'd probably need to attach multiple picks. Could we get that back if we end up trading him?

AG is 25 and I like his overall game, but he's not a rebuild piece like Wood. Wood showed more potential in Detroit with no playmakers than AG has in Orlando with a better supporting cast. Plus he's on a better contract for the next three seasons. AG is like Jeff Green or Lamar Odom, a good player but not someone you want to build your team around. If we could get him in free agency like we did with Wood then great, but to trade multiple picks is a big price.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only big price if he does not pan out.

I take that risk because I know he would thrive as 2nd or 3rd option.

If Jeff could be weaponized, one can only imagine how good a younger more skilled more explosive player like AG will succeed in a 5 Out Offense with tons of motion.

And AG's defense would be a great fit in switch everything. Having another long athletic physical player to efficiently defend Lebron and AD is priceless.

17. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

I'll take porter jr, Bol, Barton,Harris, picks for Harden. Potential lineup:
    Wall/ jerian
    Harris /EG
    Barton/ house
    MPJr/ Bol
    Wood/ Cousins

18pbr likes this.
  18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

The Orlando Magic might simply be saying no to EG, no matter how many mediocre picks we attach. It will be helpful If EG can play well for a few weeks here.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Never considered sending EGo to Orlando.

Magic: Buddy Hield
    Kings: Eric Gordon + Magic FRP + 2 Rockets FRP
    Rockets: Aaron Gordon

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Sacramento also saying no...
    Magic saying no too...

Rockets only team saying yes in your scenario.

/thread.

Tristan_fiore likes this.