1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Sacramento Kings Receive: James Harden

Houston Rockets Receive: Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III, Jabari Parker, 2021 1st Round Pick, 2023 1st Round Pick, 2025 1st Round Pick, 2027 1st Round Pick

Not a bad trade. Bagley and Hield could play around wall. Those picks will time in.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes and I think it’s worse than you project. No team wanting EG at a PER of 10 wants him at $16.8M......then none
    will want him at $18.2M in the off-season. You are banking he can bring up his value. Big risk when you
    consider what’s at stake. If the team had $15M in breathing room then I would accept your perspective.

But unfortunately the Rockets don’t and need to show Harden that they are all “in it to win it now.”
    Harden signing the extension and then forcing his way out within a year is bad PR. Owners were called
    slaves by the mostly black players. They forced them to call themselves Governors instead.

Can you imagine Harden saying he wants out.......and the big bad white man says no.

Goes back to white slave owner keeping the black slave down image. PR nightmare......thats why
    Westbrook got his way as well. Trade WB who doesn’t want to .be here for a Wall that does.

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

No one said AG is worth 3 FRP.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@saleem
    Just to put some things in perspective:

Eric Gordon has been over a PER of 13.5 once in the last 6 seasons. 15 is average.

At the most we build up EG’s PER (value) to 14 (?).........will a team find it attractive at $16.8M, then $18.2M,
    then $19.6M.(NG $20M final season)?

Keep in mind Gerald Green has been 16.5, 15.4 and 14.1 PER in 3 of his last 6 years.

Me personally I would go with David Nwaba with his 9.5 PER and $1.7M over EG and his 10.3 PER @$16.8M....
    and Nwaba is coming off of achilles work. That’s just me, though.

I.will leave you with the last word

saleem and D-rock like this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol they don't happen much at all, maybe 2 percent of the time

6. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I am not sure if this works but if Harden is not committed, I will be okay with Oladipo, Warren, Turner, and multiple draft picks.

Wall
    Oladipo
    Warren
    Wood
    Turner

Cousins
    Tucker
    EGO
    House
    B-Mac
    Brown

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Dude is 6'4" .... I want a bigger 3 that can shoot , defend and rebound.

They'll be fine offensively anyhow , they need defenders.

saleem, D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/oNUkafUJk

HOU: Larry Nance Jr
    CLE: Eric Green + Rockets FRP

*Rockets save 3.8M.
    *Sign Zhaire Smith to 2 year vet min.

6'4 Wall/6'5 Nwaba/6'5 Brown
    6'5 Harden/6'3 McLemore/6'3 Zhaire
    6'5 Tucker/6'6 House/6'6 Greenlight
    6'7 Nance/6'9 Bruno
    6'10 Wood/6'10 Cousins

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Unlike

Sep11ie likes this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

My dear Apache, you're more knowledgeable than I am. I value your judgment a great deal. I do worry about being stuck with EG's contract. His 3 point shooting percentage can improve, if he steps in a bit, instead of taking long range shots. It will up to him do that with Silas's guidance.

If he's fit, I think he will be able to finish at the rim to a fair extent. His defense against smaller guards is good. MDA unnecessarily played him at the 3 spot so many times. I expect a change from the new coaching staff. I think House/EG and picks can get the job done at the trade deadline, if everything goes well.

Nook says Eric's in good shape. Let's hope for the best.

18pbr and ApacheWarrior like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

In a 5 Out Offense and Switch Everything Defense, there are no real positions. It's more like roles (on offense & defense) - e.g. roller, ballhandler, screener, corner shooter, etc.

When EGo was a starter, he was not necessarily playing the 3.

That SF label was strictly for TV and the less knowledgeable fans that required such position labels, inaccurate as they are.

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Likewise, I value your opinion tremendously.

I just think the league is full of guys younger than Eric Gordon making a fraction ( 1/8 ) of what he makes that
    can give a team a PER under the average NBA player of 15......with so-so three point shooting and better
    history of health.....why trade for Eric if not for the draft picks? The longer we wait the more GM’s are going
    to press us to give them more to take him off our hands, just my opinion.

EG was injury prone prior to stint with Rockets and pretty shaky last season.

#1052 ApacheWarrior, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

EG was magnificent in the playoffs the season before.
    Let's be honest, his contract is a stinker, but he is a savvy confident veteran, nuggety defender (who completely shut down Donovan Mitchell), and has a history of outperforming himself in the playoffs. I think he needs to get back on the court first and show at least something - but if he does, a playoffs team might get excited about a proven 16ppg addition with great defence for their run.

The biggest issue I have with EGo is that he's 6'3 AND that the last few seasons the team has been built around 2 maxxed out PGs. If he was 6'8 we'd all be looking forward to his bounce back season.

Aside from that, yuck. 2 FRPs to ditch, maybe more if we want talent in return....

D-rock and Corrosion like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We have to wait and see how he plays this season. There isn't a market for him right now.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

With 2 FRP you can always find a market.

But neither here nor there, we all have attachments to our favorite players.

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No doubt on the “if he was 6’8” aspect

fattz and D-rock like this.
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I like EG I think I’m one of the few here and I think he’s going to have a good year for us. But I’m not sure even him plus the 2 firsts that we have would be enough for AG. He’s young, excellent length, great defender and rebounder plus he’s becoming a much improved shooter. I feel like Orlando would want something of much more value.

D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

You could be right.

That is why I keep repeating 3 team trade that sends Buddy Hield to Magic, AG to Rockets and EGo + 3 FRP (1 Magic, 2 Rockets) to the Kings.

EGo is a vet version of Hield that doesnt mind coming off the bench for Walton + Monte gets all the FRP he wanted.

Magic have far too many quality young 4's (AG, Isaac, Chuma, Aminu - and Jonathan Isaac is THE new face of the franchise now) and not enough spacers and 3ball shooters worthy of starting.

Hield, Fultz, Fournier, Chuma (until Isaac returns) and Vucevic are much more offensively balanced and potent team. Chuma is a 3-D forward and Isaac is DPOY talented. This version has enough offensive firepower to finally move Magic from bottom of East playoffs and really challenge for the middle.

Add a SnT with Bulls for Shaq Harrison OR sign Jhaire Smith for NG vet min to shore up 3rd PG spot while we are at it.

It's a win-win trade.

FYI - I like EGo too, but I see an opportunity for the Rockets to really improve enough to challenge Lakers, Nuggets, Clippers, etc. And Rockets would be rebuilding around 3 young players (Wood, AG, Shaq) while still contending with Harden, Wall, Cousins.

AG is a better fit than EGo to really challenge vs. the current contenders in the West.

jch1911 likes this.
  19. bratna8

bratna8 Member

20. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Rockets out:
    Harden. Eric Gordon. PJ Tucker. 1st round pick via Portland. 1st round pick via Wizards.
    Rockets in:
    Devin Booker. KAT. Mikal Bridges.

Suns out:
    Devin Booker. Mikal Bridges. Deandre Ayton.
    Suns in:
    James Harden. PJ Tucker.

Timberwolves out:
    KAT.
    Timberwolves in:
    Deandre Ayton. Eric Gordon. 1st round pick via Portland. 1st round pick via Wizards.

18pbr likes this.