1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is why we should only do Simmons for Harden, if that ever becomes necessary.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

JuNx, fattz and saleem like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

OP’s expiring contract is very tempting. How much does Thad make?
    Edit: He makes 13.5 M this season plus 6M guaranteed for next season. RW’s contract will be off the books. This should be looked into if they want him. This isn’t likely right now imo. I also want to give Russ one last chance, but I’m open to this idea.

#923 saleem, Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    D-rock and Tristan_fiore like this.
  4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

What would y’all think about a Harden for Beal swap? Something like this maybe?

HOU: Thomas Bryant, Bradley Beal, and Rui
    WIZ: Harden

The salaries would match and in this scenario I don’t think they would send as many draft picks, possibly two or three as opposed to like 7. Of course this would mean probably keeping Westbrook, that is unless the Rockets move him to the Pistons for Blake Griffin. Not sure that gets the Rockets into a title contention either.

5. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

$13.5M this year and a partially guaranteed $14,190,000 next year.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  6. saleem

Thanks, I was adding it in my post while you posted this!

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  7. saleem

Somewhat interesting. I do want to retain Harden, unless he wants to leave during the season. RW for BG isn’t a good deal imo.

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  8. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Yeah I would only trade Harden if he absolutely wants to leave. Until he makes a demand though, I’m keeping him.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  9. saleem

Logical from Boston’s point of view, no doubt.

D-rock and Boston84 like this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

Maybe moving the Detroit pick we just picked up to Orlando make the deal work. Us giving the second pick is okay with me. What about adding Tucker for Mo Bamba or the injured Jonathan Isaac, too?

Wood, Aaron Gordon, Porter is a championship front court. With Cousins being our 6th man big in a Bill Walton role is just crazy to think about. When less than a 90 days ago we were all small ball.

#Surreal

D-rock likes this.
  11. Boston84

Boston84 Member

id do that harden without Gordon...I just figured Tillman would want to get off Gordon’s contract and not many places where he can dump it for nothing. If he truly is trying to save money....I don’t know as well as u guys

D-rock likes this.
  12. saleem

I like Issac, but he’s injured and not for the first time. I’m fine with getting Bamba. Did we get a 2nd round pick from Detroit? I think Portland’s first round pick is in addition to our 1st round pick.

D-rock likes this.
  13. saleem

Dumping salary won’t be a problem for him,I’m sure of that.

Boston84 likes this.
  14. ilias

ilias Member

I’d look to see if the Thunder would be willing to take him. EG and a pick for George Hill could work for both sides. I don’t want to give up on EG, but Hill would be a really good fit next to Harden.

15. saleem

Hill is a good fit, but that is way too much. 1st round picks need to saved for the next Wood.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Without taking salary back and or attaching an asset ? harder than it seems.

17. saleem

He will attach assets.

18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

then that’s horrible tbh. Already low on draft capital and need to attach assets to dump contracts? Really bad.

mikol13 and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Orlando not giving up on their franchise player so soon. Isaac is staying with Magic IMO, he has actually improved consistently season to season unlike AG and Bamba.

Speaking of Bamba, he could be on the block like AG, by midseason, as his contract is expiring.

Bamba is not a reliable roller (prefers pick and pop or shoot 3ball) but he loves to run and he is actually faster down the court than Russ, crazy for a 7 footer.

Bamba would be a great complement to Wood, who loves rolling to the rim and can also hit the 3.

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2020/...-be-key-to-determining-orlando-magics-future/

#939 D-rock, Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Boston84 and saleem like this.
  20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You know what really sucks? I really want George Hill, and I know exactly where he’s going to end up. The Clippers

They’ll figure out a way to get him with 2nd round picks and including either Bev or Lou.

D-rock likes this.