1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, that's our only hope. I don't like the Wall/ Russ proposed trade either.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. fattz

fattz Member

With all the Harden wants out talk. I want to speak this into existence:
    Harden & Tucker
    ...for...
    Sabonis, Brogdon, Warren & FRP

Keep Westbrook or move him we will be fine. Above average (near all star) 2 way players. With these 3 players plus Wood & Gordon (better season with a bigger role) we are second rounders if not better. If Westbrook plays well we are more than in the championship mix. I think a well coached, balanced, skilled team will beats most teams no matter the talent of the other team.

18pbr likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I need my trade/cap gurus to chime in. Does a Love/Drummond straight swap for Russ/Gordon work?

I feel like CLE needs a STAR and Russ wants his triple doubles. Win win if it works?

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Buddy Hield would be gawdamn amazing next to Harden. Deal Gordon for him so they can save some cash this year for Bog. Buddy has a nice declining contract. Underrated defender, elite shooter.

Buddy and Beard would get all the ladies in the clubs...

lakersuck2 likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Russel Westbrook for Mitchell Robinson, DSJ, Frank Ntlkina and the 2021 Dallas FRP.

Who says no?

Rivers and Noel are both friends of Russ and they signed in FA.

We create a ton of cap space and a giant exception to take on a contract with assets attached.

Harden/Frank
    Eric/ DSJ / McLeMore
    House / Nwaba/ Brown
    Wood / Tucker / Tate
    Mitchell Robinson / Bruno

If the Knicks are as steadfast in not trading Mitchell Robinson as the internet would have you believe, we could take on Buddy Hield in that deal for nothing and help the Kings save $$ as they match Bogdan and free up rotation minutes. Alternate deal. We wrap in the Kings. We get Holmes and Hield, They take Randle who fits in much better. This

https://tradenba.com/trades/NZewVfo2E

creating a 12 M exception and allowing more room to operate.

Harden / Frank
    Hield/ DSJ/McLeMore
    House/ Nwaba /Brown
    Wood / Knox/ Tate
    Holmes / PJ/ Bruno

smaller trade idea involving the same teams. We'd have to send picks somewhere but we'd add some needed depth while lowering salary.

https://tradenba.com/trades/xNPnvb7J4

Russ/DSJ
    Harden/ McLeMore
    House / Nwaba / Brown
    PJ/Knox/ Tate
    Wood

#786 treyk3, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    D-rock, jch1911 and fckbandwagons like this.
  7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Just a thought.. I might be willing to do a Griffin for Westbrook trade IF Griffin waives his player option for next season and his trade kicker as well.

Oh...and I’d want the protections taken off the Detroit pick

8. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

upgrade small forward and power forward

Ariza, Kenneth Faried, Michael Beasley.

linvetb6 likes this.
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Your joking right? Tucker alone can get us a first round pick. Harden and Tucker should get us 10 frps and this is an offer you would take? I'm glad your not the general manager.

Slimfa likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

D-rock, linvetb6 and treyk3 like this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

You know most FRP don’t work out. A solid younger team with a superstar (Westbrook) is a dream come true for most. No more Tucker starting. You do realize that Tucker is 6’6” right and started at center—> we were never a championship team built like that. What the Lakers did to us was inevitable. Harden doesn’t want to be here so let him go and get real players on good contracts for him. Not draft picks and the hope of some players some day

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol Westbrook can't lead much better teams out of the first round and you want to build around him? If we trade Harden we are toast. Get as many picks as possible and rebuild. Not some poo poo platter from the Pacers. Harden by himself is better than the entire Pacers team.

13. fattz

fattz Member

Okay

14. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Let's focus on the remaining weakness as Houston needs to vs Clippers and Lakers.
    Assume the playoff start again, we will face those 2 LA teams again.
    We also need to upgrade our bench, because MDA gone, New coach will give more time for the bench to play.
    We can also consider to sign Gerald Green, Nick young for 3, Kenneth Faried super match with westbrooks and able to back up cousions in case of injury, Beasley is a 50 percent shooter for 2 who can play pf and sf etc.

jdiggidy likes this.
  15. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

If rivers left, I thomas can be a choice, he can play a role like cp3. I think he will not take a big salary now

16. rockets13champs

Ramona shelbourne is a dumbo

Fantasma Negro, D-rock and saleem like this.
  17. finsraider

finsraider Member

Houston In: Aaron Gordon, Derrick Rose
    Orlando In: Westbrook
    Detroit In: Fultz, Pick

Smaller salaries included to make the numbers work.

Gordon / Rose
    Harden / McLemore or Brown
    House / Nwaba
    Gordon / Tucker
    Wood / Cousins

Then in the offseason, you offer Gordon, House, SnT Tucker and picks for a SnT Paul George. Resign Rose using bird rights.

Rose
    Harden
    George
    Gordon
    Wood

18pbr likes this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

She is a Rockets hater.

D-rock likes this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Calling my shot.

Harden's friend Troy Payne posted something hinting that Houston may be the place that Harden will stay.

PJ posted something that said all love on Instagram.

I think they are both extended today.

I think the Wood trade is finalized today. I think it's been expanded. I don't know how it's been expanded but the Bogdan situation will resolve today. What this means is the Kings will have clarity on who they are going to keep next year. If they match, Hield will be traded today or shortly after. If they don't match, I think the Kings may have a little bit of interest in Gordon to play the sixth man role.

If we trade Russ, Hield will be a Rocket and the main player coming back to Houston in some sort of a multi team deal that probably gets a back up PG like Frank Ntilkina, a scoring guard like DSJ and a wing like Knox.

I'm not sure if we trade Russ, but if we do, I believe it's for a package lead by Buddy Hield in a multi team deal.

Corrosion, fattz, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  20. rockets13champs

Sauces or just ur gut feeling?

saleem and D-rock like this.