1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

As much as some posters hate this trade idea because they are unable to wrap their mind around Dinwiddie's value, it obviously has legs.

withmustard, sirjesse and jch1911 like this.
  2. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Accidental correct auto correct.

3. sydmill

sydmill Member

To give credit where credit is due this is an extension of a trade suggested by @treyk3. His proposal involved sending Tucker and Exum to Denver for Harris and goodies. I just put some meat on those bones and folded in an Oladipo to Miami deal. But yeah, this is the type of deal that I think Stone should be looking at. Miami is the only team that I think even thinks about hesitating. Precious is a valuable player but a) he cant play with Bam and b) he probably isnt a factor in the playoffs this season. Oladipo would have 25 or so games to get acclimated and would seem to be a good fit beside Butler. The move also allows them to bring Herro off the bench where his defensive shortcomings are less of a problem.

baller4life315 likes this.
  4. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +6.1 ppg, +0.6 rpg, and +0.2 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Montrezl Harrell
    27 year old, 6-8, 240 lb F from Louisville
    13.8 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.1 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Alex Caruso
    27 year old, 6-5, 186 lb G from Texas A&M
    5.8 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2.4 apg in 19.9 minutes in 2020-2021
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] P.J. Tucker
    35 year old, 6-6, 245 lb SF from Texas
    4.4 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 30.0 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Danuel House
    27 year old, 6-7, 215 lb F from Texas A&M
    9.1 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 27.3 minutes in 2020-2021

5. R=$

R=$ Member

6. Landry's Tooth

Show me where a rebuilding team is interested in him and not a contender over the cap already.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

WTF???

8. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -4.1 ppg, +0.1 rpg, and -0.4 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Josh Green
    20 year old, 6-6, 210 lb SG from Arizona
    2.3 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.6 apg in 11.9 minutes in 2020-2021
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Ben McLemore
    28 year old, 6-5, 195 lb SG from Kansas
    6.4 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 1.0 apg in 15.7 minutes in 2020-2021

9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

The way dipper is playing, I am starting to wonder if our turned down extension offer ends up being the best one he gets. He may regret passing it up.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  10. xaos

xaos Member

I kind of feel like we never really offered it but both mutually agreed that news was beneficial to both parties to release.

saleem likes this.
  11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Here's a trade:

Rockets trade: Oladipo, Exum to the Warriors
    Warriors trade: Wiggins, Poole, and the Min 1st rounder

This is a poison pill trade. Wiggins is owed 30+M for two more seasons. GSW is wildly over the cap and will owe a huge luxury tax payment next season, and with Klay coming back Wiggins is pointless. Poole is a young player they like and put up some good G-League stats but he's unlikely to be an improvement over Klay/Steph and they have a glut at that position. Exum is an expiring contract. This deal sheds 30M+ off their cap that they would be paying for the next two seasons, a price they can't afford for a middling and mediocre team with two supermax contracts and Draymond making 25M+ for the next three seasons after this one. If they plan to make another run with the Steph/Klay/Draymond, a high draft pick hardly matters as that player won't be fully up to speed and ready to go for two seasons (rookie years are usually learning years), and they still have their FRP which should be in the 10-15 range.

We end up absorbing one of the worst contracts in the league in Andrew Wiggins. Wiggins is a player I have never liked and do not think is very good. He will impede our youth movement, but we will get a high pick with Minnesota and Poole should give us someone worth taking a look at. If we trade away Tucker for pick(s) and House, EG, etc. then we'll have some roster space to absorb the high salary with.

fattz and CVcrew like this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

Like it a lot but want to modify it

Oladipo, Tucker, Exum
    ...for...
    Wiggins & Wiseman
    Cleaner transaction they keep the hope of the pick and we get a building block in Wiseman. Wiggins is more than playable just way over paid. They cleans their debt and can now get one more run with their core with open cap space.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

1 less trade asset.

Boston84 likes this.
  14. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I don't see GSW trading Wiseman. They'll trade Draymond before him. Also, Tucker is not a valuable player to them, at all.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Agreed.

Tucker means nothing - they have Dray already.
    Wiseman s their starting 5, and they have no other legitimate 5 who can play. No chance they move him

16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Wiseman was the #2 overall pick and is shooting almost 40% from 3-point range and 52% FG. His per 48 stats are equally impressive and next year he will almost assuredly make a large leap in his stats and skills. Zero chance you would ever consider trading a player like that.

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  17. fattz

fattz Member

Tucker has the contract to make the money match. He would see some time in a limited roll with the absence of Wiseman and Wiggins. They are not trading to obtain players but to move cap. We have seen them load up in free agency. Holding onto Wiseman or pushing hard for one last chance at a championship with the aging core that’s done it before? They still have the Minnesota pick, too.

18. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I predict the Rockets trade PJ for Ferguson, Poirer and 2021 2nd round pick.. I think it favors Philly, but there isn't much else aside from 2022 picks. Embid's injury may have given the Rockets some leverage.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets can throw in Patton + BMac with PJ for Thybulle, Korkmaz + Reed.

withmustard likes this.
  20. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see, I figure Stone will want his assets as liquid as possible until lottery day, but Thybulle probably has more value alone than the late 2nd I proposed. I just don't want to pay Thybulle 15 million a year in 3 years to be the next PJ. Elite defense and no offense. It's too hard to evaluate market value for a fringe starter. Thybulle is an excellent 3 and D player for a championship team with creators, but if nobody can create around him, he's underutilized.

Corrosion likes this.