1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

This guy sees the world through his own lens.

2. Landry's Tooth

Ok, what basis do you have for that belief?

Haven't seen that myself...

3. Landry's Tooth

This guy does, just as you do and everyone else does... you're displaying some pretty high levels of arrogance and ignorance to imply you don't.

Fox is the second best point guard on his own team and they have him for 6 years to big money. That's not opinion, but factual based on performance stats and contract data.

Btw i never said they were trying to trade fox. I said hield. I suggested they would if given a chance to clear his contract for a high pick or wiseman because they already have his replacement waiting for playing time, something they didn't know when they gave him his extension....

4. Landry's Tooth

I have to ask, are you Dinwiddie?

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

If you have to ask ...

6. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/YDSZJBj9F

Magic get Herro AND a first in this.

Maybe? Take away our seconds and give the 1st to the Heat? But then its in their favour a bit? And Philly only giving up Green and Thybulle for their haul seems a bit light.

So if you don't wanna click the line

Rockets in:
    Aaron Gordon, Bamba, Thybulle
    Rockets out:
    Vic, PJ, McLemore, Sterling Brown, House

6ers in:
    PJ, Terrance Ross, McLemore, Sterling Brown
    6ers out:
    Danny Green, Thybulle, 2021 FRP (maybe lottery protected it if they're that worried)

Magic in:
    Danny Green, Harkless, Olynyk, Tyler Herro, 76ers 2021 FRP
    Magic out:
    Aaron Gordon, Terrance Ross, Bamba

Heat in:
    Vic, House
    Heat out:
    Harkless, Olynyk, Herro

Corrosion, fattz and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Rockets cannot pry Thybulle + SRP for PJ, then I'd settle for Paul Reed + FRP.

CF may underrate PJ but rest of NBA do not share same opinion.

sydmill likes this.
  8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Tucker and trash first (ie pistons pick) for Thybulle is fine with me.

9. Landry's Tooth

Ben Dubose from Rockets Wire:

"From Houston’s perspective, Gordon would start next to Christian Wood in a young and uber-athletic frontcourt. General manager Rafael Stone has an abundance of future draft capital to potentially tempt the Magic in trade offers, as well as expiring contracts such as Dante Exum ($9.6 million) to help make the math work in various proposals."

Sounds like a couple of first rounders for Gordon.... not journeymen and projects....

D-rock, Verbal Christ and 18pbr like this.
  10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They can have the Portland and Milwaukee pick.

18pbr likes this.
  11. Landry's Tooth

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but Dinwiddie:

Career 41% fg%
    Career 31.8% shooter from 3

Last full season:
    41.5% fg%
    30.8% shooter from 3 (6.3 attempts per game)

So his career year was in line with his career numbers.

His assists per 36 were 3rd best of his career that year and the rebounds per 36 only .1 higher than his career average per 36.

Bottom line is his counting stats (points/assists/rebounds/etc.) look higher only because he played more and not better.

You're getting someone who will shoot in the upper 40s from 2, low 30s from 3 and will chip in a few rebounds and 5-6 assists per game.

There are a LOT of guys in the NBA who can do that but not cost a new free agent deal coming off a major injury.

Dejounte Murray for example is 3 years younger and averages 49% from 2, 32.4% from 3, 7 rebounds and 5 assists per game. Basically he's Dinwiddie with better rebounding. He's also costing 14 million per year so it seems about what Dinwiddie might be looking at or better on an open market (if healthy).

The Spurs could move Murray and picks for Gordon to replace Aldridge who they are about to deal. That's the point.... better offers could/would come along...

sydmill, Verbal Christ and Amel like this.
  12. Landry's Tooth

Just to further illustrate, say the Kings clear out their 3 largest contracts (Fox, Hield, and Barnes) picking up another top 10 pick and creating 2 max cap spaces... Halliburton goes on to win ROY with his per 36 average of 15.8 / 6.4 assists / 4.3 rebounds on 61.9% TS%. Those are similar numbers to Luka's per 36 as a rookie except Luke got more rebounds and Halliburton is shooting more efficiently right now than Luka ever has in his career. Maybe that would drop if he shot more like Luka. Right now, Halliburton's TS% is slightly higher than James Harden's career TS%.

Kawhi has a player option. If you told Kawhi he would be the man, they could potentially surround him with this:

PG Tyrese Halliburton
    SG Jalen Suggs
    SF Kawhi Leonard
    PF Kai Jones
    C Jarrett Allen

Not saying that's remotely likely; but it puts them in position to put together a strong team quickly... That's a team that could win right away and for 8+ years.

#3892 Landry's Tooth, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Hmm. These scenarios start to sway me with filling the 4 with a current NBA player via trade instead of drafting a guy like Mobley or Kuminga and focusing on a player like Jalen Green to slot next to KPJ.

KPJ
    Green
    Tate
    Gordon
    Wood

fill in the substitute ranks as you wish.

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  14. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Watching them play and seeing them play together

I’m assuming you haven’t watched them much this year?

edit—-oh and also the opinion of all kings fans I’ve seen on wed sites. Which if we’re going by rules of this, they know better than we do

#3894 Jwise44, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I still want the opportunity to acquire a top 4 pick in this upcoming draft. Aaron might help, but we need Cade more than him.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. RLP55

RLP55 Member

As a Rocket fan my heart says this is BEST case scenario. As a outsider looking in, my head says Magic flinch and don't pull the trigger. Would love to dump all the above Rockets, except Brown. But for that return, Brown is replaceable. Would like to re-sign Brown & Nwaba. Envisioning a second unit of Tate, Nwaba, and Brown going junkyard dog defensively.

Gordon, Thybulle & Bamba JACKPOT! Hope you prove me wrong Gshark.

D-rock and Grizzlyshark like this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Here's a trade for you ....

Rockets get Gordon , Olynyk & Thybulle for Oladipo , Tucker , Exum and the Detroit pick.

https://tradenba.com/trades/ZyWzjZq9-

Ideally I'd try to move Olynyk elsewhere but adding another team just complicated the trade to much.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

team ain’t winning a damn thing lol

D-rock likes this.
  19. rockets13champs

Why would Kawhi go to Sacramento

Boston84 and D-rock like this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I said the Knicks should have drafted Halliburton. All this conversation would be for not.

D-rock likes this.