1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

For me the disappointment won't be the return , I don't expect much .... the disappointment will be if he isn't moved.

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Still time to turn it around.

Oladipo needs to stop Working Out after Games and using Instagram as Advertisement for his Free Agency.

Still Time left before the Trade Deadline.
    Oladipo needs to step in scoring.

Kevin Porter Jr. needs to Start on the Rockets after the Trade Deadline.

ilias likes this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/s8ziMMtMB

Portland adds some defense and doesn't lose too much scoring with Oladipo. Miami gets it's 2nd in command McCollum. Houston takes out the trash and adds offseason cap space and picks. Moving PJ for picks/cap relief is a guarantee after this, as it would make us tax payers for the moment.

R=$ likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Nice posts on the first page. Standing ovation

R=$ likes this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/K_E737Vo4

Masterwork lol

Gordon and 2 firsts enough to get Myles Turner? Tucker goes to a contender for scraps but maybe we pull a useful player out of it.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Dipo & PJ -FOR- KLove

Risky but I'd do it for multiple reasons.

1) Give KPJ all of Dipo's minutes
    2) Reunite KPJ with KLove
    3) Give Wood some help
    4) Wall, KPJ, Tate, KLove, Wood is a very nice 5 IF all healthy.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6yqeqwr

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You must be drunk on IPAs. Yea, Let's add Kevin Love's toxic contract to Wall's and Gordan's. Why not go for Kemba Walker too? We can be the team of untradeable contracts.

DCHAMP, Corrosion, Sep11ie and 2 others like this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I know but I'm trying to surround Wood (while he's cheap) with proven All Star level NBA talent. Might not win a chip but still fun to compete.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dipo/Tucker for Melton/Dieng

Its a win now and future forward trade.

Melton is a stud on D and his shot is really catching on this year, he’s on a 3 year 24 mill deal

Dieng is a plus defender, 3PT shooter and is solid on the boards. Tate slides into PJs role for us perfectly, Dieng provides the big man depth we desperately need.

Waive Kurucs sign Jones with our MLE

Wall / Jones / Exum
    Melton / Gordon / Mac / KPJ
    House / Nwaba / Brown
    Wood / Tate / Martin
    Dieng / Cousins

Lots of rotation options, could go small and start Tate with Wood in the front court, or could start Gordon and bring Melton or House off the bench.

10. R=$

R=$ Member

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I don't think Memphis bites.

12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You really think Miami would give up Precious for PJ Tucker. They don't even act like they will give him up for Dipo

13. sydmill

sydmill Member

I wonder what Boston would part with for Olynk, Tucker and Iggy coming into their TPE? They'd only need to account for PJ in such a deal which is essentially giving them a second unit. Alternatively, what might Denver surrender in a Gary Harris trade for Iggy's expiring deal?

Really like Melton as a piece on this rebuilding Rockets squad. His age, his game and his contract are all perfect. Not sure the Rockets are looking to give up their best assets (which arent that great) to get him but Id seriously consider it.

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Who do you think Miami would want more McCollum or Dipo and would they give up 2 firsts for either one? I'd do it for just one of their picks. If they want Dipo over McCollum you wouldn't need to include Portland at all. Of course if they would give up 2 for McCollum then by all means the Rockets should pull the trigger.

sydmill likes this.
  15. sydmill

sydmill Member

Its actually a moot point since Miami cant trade their 2022 pick until after the 2021 draft, right? Isnt that how the Stepien rule works? I think that Miami is the obvious partner in an Oldaipo trade and hadnt seen a deal like the one I liked. I am curious also about Boston's intentions with their TPE from the Gordon trade. If it's true that most of the NBA are buyers then they may not get to use it until the offseason or next year.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’ve been racking my brains on teams that might take a flyer on Dipo. All I can come up with is Miami and NY. If Miami is unwilling to part with Precious then it really only leaves NY. If we can get a FRP even with protections and expirings go for it. I really think we are going to end up with nothing or a couple of seconds.

17. sydmill

sydmill Member

Jeez, that would suck. I mean, I am not a big fan of Oladipo, but much of my problem with him stems from his place on a rebuild. I recognize that the guy is a top 10-12 shooting guard right now. That *should* be worth something helpful. I would hope that the basement in an Oladipo trade is something like Knox, Detroit's SRP & the NYK's FRP (lottery protected).

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Oladipo will be traded for more than most think or he will not be traded at all. The team brought him in with high expectations and just because it has gone bad doesn't mean the team doesn't think that it can't work. The team thought at the deadline there was a way to get MPJ. I don't see how this is possible and especially how it would be possible without Oladipo being involved to Denver with more going their way or a third team for assets Denver likes more.

Miami trade will require Herro (pick going their way somehow too) or Robinson (no pick needed)... or a combination of Precious + 1 of KZ Okpala or Nunn + 1 FRP.

Denver will require MPJ (pick going their way somehow) or a combination of 1 of RJ Hampton or Bol Bol and a FRP

NY will require 2 picks and Kevin Knox or a combination of 1 FRP and 1 of ( RJ Barrett or Mitch Robinson) and Frank Ntilkina

The team needs to stop staggering his games. Play him with John Wall and tank the others. He cannot run this offense. Hopefully Wood gets back soon so his value can actually be realistic. He clearly is getting too many shots and needs to learn to play within an offense instead of forcing it. Focus on defense and taking what the offense dictates instead of trying to be a hero.

#2858 treyk3, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  19. sydmill

sydmill Member

From your mouth to Stone's ears...

On the subject of Herro though. I dont see it. I mean the guy has a good jump shot and he came up big last year in the bubble but what does he do that someone like Kevin Huerter doesnt for less? I feel similarly about Robinson. I would rather get a pick to select Corey Kispert whose floor is, I think, Duncan Robinson and who will be much cheaper for the next several seasons coming out of the draft. IDK, my $.02

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If the Rockets win tonight and Oladipo plays well, the narrative around here will change. It's like a leaf blowing in the wind. That's not how the real world works. Just like Harden playing terribly didn't change his value. Vic just needs to look healthy for a few games and he will be fine, it seems like he is thinking too much and forcing everything. My opinion based on what I was told has never changed. Oladipo wasn't a throw in, the team liked him and the team genuinely thought he would be a good fit in this system. Sadly, I didn't agree at the time and sadly it looks bad so far. I don't see the team selling low.